Season 9 Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by vegaslights, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Remember it is the 18-49 number they look at. This number went up from last week, 2.5 to 2.6. These aren't final numbers yet anyway. There was also two football games and a World Series game on at the same time. We are holding up well considering. CBS will give them a grace period during football season, and will only start looking seriously at the numbers in the spring.

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Here are the finals for Sunday's episode: 9.669 million viewers and a 2.6 in the 18/49 rating.

3. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

What time did The Walking Dead air? I have a feeling that may have poached some viewers.

4. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Yeh, it was on at the same time. I don't know how long the appeal of zombies is going to last. Now this weekend we have to contend with double football games and the time change. So when it comes on at 10:30-11 or so, it will actually feel like 11:30-12. We sure have alot of obstacles this season. They are really pushing the loyalty of the fans.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  5. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

The Walking Dead has gotten mostly positive reviews and it actually has a much deeper story than most of the zombie stuff that has come out recently so it could hurt Miami as well

And I say the above as someone who isn't into Zombies

6. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

*glares*

Football needs to end now. I mean Miami has done very well despite the low ratings. It's the pushing back that is killing the show right now. But Theresa is right, they won't start seriously looking at the numbers till the spring. But part of me just wishes they put them back on Monday nights.

7. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

They may not seriously start looking at the numbers until spring, but how many will have given up by then because of this constant push back?

Surely those who've become frustrated and have given up will be reflected in decreased ratings when it's time to truly pay attention. :(

And no ... I didn't watch last night. Just couldn't stay up that late. And my DVR didn't pick it up either. I'll try to watch it online in the next couple of days.

8. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Ratings will be down for sure as it really is late for you guys on Sunday night. If they will be looking at numbers from spring on, how many episodes it will be left? I mean, season ends in May, that's still spring.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

it didn't air at all so there will be no ratings for a new episode last night,how does that work as far as the ratings,does the show get a pass or N/A for the week?

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Interesting, Undercover Boss, which aired in our timeslot last night, declined significantly and got the same low ratings we did last week. So apparently there is some credibility to the theory that 10 p.m. is a very difficult timeslot.

11. Grissom rules

I think that the show's ratings will be announced tomorrow but I'm not sure that the numbers that CSI:Miami pulled last night will be adjusted in the season average because it aired on a different timeslot..

12. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Now they are reporting that The Walking Dead is a bonifide hit and it has been renewed already. Great, now another excuse not to watch our show. The hits just keep coming.

13. Grissom rules

CSI:Miami slipped to a new series low in the key demo last night.Reality Kills brought 10.44 million viewers and a 2.4 in the 18/49 rating.

14. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Probably because all of those people caught it online... :rolleyes: LOL.

Viewers are slightly up, though! I know demo is more important, just saying.

15. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

From TV Guide (Nov. 15):