Season 9 Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by vegaslights, Oct 4, 2010.

1. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

:brickwall::angryrazz::brickwall: That's a win?! It's a win that they're pi**ing off die hard fans and turning off newer ones by moving the show to the 'death slot'? Fail CBS, epic fail.

2. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Couldn't have said it better myself! At least put it on at 9PM! NY and Vegas BOTH have 9PM slots so, what gives?! :eek:

I'm beginning to think CBS stands for 'Continuous Bull S***'!!!

HA! :lol:

3. DragonFriend95

Couldn't have said THAT better myself! :guffaw::guffaw:

4. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I can see how everyone thinks that is a crappy way to treat fans (it really is) but I mean, it sort of makes sense. Miami has a lot of fans and we're less likely to just be like "well screw this" (most of us at least) because we like the show so much. By putting a strong show in that time slot, it might lose ratings, but it won't do as awful as a show nobody cares about would. I'm still POed that it's moved and would love it back on Monday but it does make sense. :/ It also makes sense that they would replace Miami's old spot with a new show, because they want people to watch the new show.

5. Blinded By Smoke

Oh yeah, I completely agree w/ what you're saying. I was upset initially, but gave it a real shot. They really just made me upset with the whole... football thing. And the fact that perhaps they should consider moving it to 9 as a lead in for Undercover Boss... that just makes more sense.

Moving it to Sunday's, I do understand. Because yeah, I'm not going anywhere, even if it's moved till' 3 AM.. (I'm up anyway.. :lol:) :)

6. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I don't think the gamble of moving both CSI's paid off very well. Defenders and H5O are not doing that well, so now they have four shows that are tanking instead of two. CBS could still make mid-season changes so let's hope they reconsider this timeslot before it loses too many viewers permanently. One bright spot, CSIM viewership is still pretty good; it is the 18-49 demo that is suffering. Hopefully, CBS will consider this.

7. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Here are Sunday's final numbers for Miami:10.261 million viewers and a 2.3 in the demo.

8. Blinded By Smoke

I haven't seen H50's ratings... what are they in comparison to CSIM's during that time slot? I'm just curious.

You're right about mid-season changes. Another major network, not sure which one, just made some. I seen it on TV guide... CBS is stubborn, though. Hopefully, we'll get something done. *sigh*

ETA: I was looking over the ratings myself, and I must say, Miami is pulling as many (most weeks, MORE) viewers as H50 is on Monday's... even with the sloppy timeslot! The demo is slightly higher for H50, so that's something, but... if nothing else, shows we're a very loyal bunch!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  9. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

TvbytheNumbers website has downgrade our show to 50/50 chance of being cancelled. Last week it was still at a good probability of being renewed. I have been upset all week thinking about this.

10. Blinded By Smoke

I seen that.. from what I understand, it changes weekly. Maybe next week, since this episode was KINDA a rerun (if you count all the people who viewed it online), we could go back up. Let's hope!

Also, I was comparing to other shows, and it has The Good Wife with a slightly better chance (for renewal) than Miami. I really can't see them canceling that one, at all. So... yeah. Let's hope that's not the case. :(

I honestly can't see them getting rid of a show that is doing this well in a crappy time slot. Then again, this is CBS we're talking about.

11. DragonFriend95

I swear if they cancel the show just as it's getting good again I'll march up to their offices and demand an explanation myself :scream: I hate it when I'm just beginning to enjoy a show and their network goes ahead and cancels it. It's made me afraid to invest in a new show that isn't some sort of stupid reality thing cause I know there's about a fifty/fifty chance of it being cancelled :(

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I got an instant headache reading this. Miami is one of the very few shows I watch,I don't even have cable.
    Since it appears the probability changes weekly,we still have a chance( a good one I think) of it being renewed.

13. Blinded By Smoke

I just reread my post, I meant, It has The Good Wife with a slightly better chance of cancellation than Miami. And I absolutely can't see them tossing that show out!

That being said, I highly doubt Miami is going anywhere. We just gotta keep supporting it no matter what! :)

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I just took a look at TvbytheNumbers. I think we can wait before we really start to worry. The numbers won't be great no matter what show is in that time slot right now.I would think more time would be needed even for a prediction,at least while it's football season.

15. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

In his interview, David indicated that CSIM is still doing well internationally. Do you think the fact that CSIM is doing well globally as a franchise that this will eventually save the show? It got me thinking when an article I read indicated that The Defenders, Blue Bloods, and H5O were already profitable for CBS even before one episode aired because of the international upfront sales.