Season 8 Wishlist

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Calihan, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

Re: Season 8 Wishlist

Yeah, even though I like GSR, they do work together too much. And I think the writer's excuse for Nick and Greg not working together would probably be, "Grissom feels that they're not ready to work together/not mature enough/afraid of something happening/etc." or some kind of other lame excuse. I think they'd work good together. They bring out good chemistry between them and would work together nicely, in my own opinion.

Brass is hilarious. All of the detectives, besides Sofia and Caveleir, should get a little more time. The detectives are part of the story too and deserve time to show their colors. Especially Brass, he's my favorite detective.

2. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I agree with you, butterflied92. They didn't explained why they took Vega, Vartaan, Caveleir and O'Reilly off the show, they explained it better and tell us why. I agree about Brass, he was hilarious.

I also agree with you, the teams have chemistry together and work great together. That took Ecklie so long to figure it out why the teams looked up to Grissom.

3. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Most likely that will be the way they go, since it's such a great oppotunity for them to shove even more GSR down our throats and retell a story we've already heard before.

And we didn't see Greg and Sara do the whole 'we know each other' thing in season 1 for two reasons: a) they didn't have a backstory then and Eric Szmanda was only signed on temporarily at that point, and b) the writers were focussed on the evidence, not the characters. Which is how it should be.

I honestly hope the San Francisco thing doesn't go down the 'OMG!!!!!!! GSR!!!!!!!!' route but rather gives us a good story. If it is Sara centric, I want her mother and brother!

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I got your user name almost right, if I just the put I on it.

That was suppose to show how Grissom and Sara met last season. I guess it wasn't the right time. What am I talking about? Carol M. promise us to see Nick have a break down, but never show it.

5. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

If Jorja did return I would hope the writers would stop pairing her with Grissom, and instead open their eyes to the possibility (some people call it obviousness) of Sara being as gay as it gets. And while they're at it, open those little eyes some more and realize the beauty that is Louise Lombard and pair her with Sara :devil:

And since I'm not on drugs (unfortunately ;) ), just give those two a little more screen time, preferably together. :p

6. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

But they did show it. They're not going to do a flashback, but on several occasions Grissom and Sara have discussed their first meeting. I can't remember the exact episodes, but they're there.

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i'm not sure if i posted here before. i don't think i did.

next season i would obviously want Sara to survive and i'd like TPTB to finally show us some real GSR. even though, yes, we got a lot of scenes of them together that were shippy, we didn't get a kiss yet. heck, we didn't even get a hug, and they barely touched in the season finale.

but i still want it to be subtle. i'm only dying to see them in some kind of physical connection.

other than that, i'd like S8 to be as good as the previous one was.

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

There first meeting was discussed in Toe Tags, don't know if it was talked about anywhere else.

I certainly hope the SF thing is not just another excuse to throw GSR in our faces, I will not watch an episode centered on them.

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ lol, i would certainly do watch it and die of heart attack if anything like that happened.

oh gawd, i just realized it could actually happen *dances* i'm adding it to my wishlist.

10. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

A GSR centred episode? If that happens, I'll add it to my 'what not to watch' list. I want episodes about cases, the evidence, not a soapie.

Okay, here's another for my wishlist:

* No GSR centred episodes. In fact, no relationship centred episodes of any kind, no matter who it is! (and that includes my ships, people)

11. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Well the fact is that not many adults go around kissin while at work, work is not high-sschool where you need to show off your catch to get some status.

How can it be subtle if they go around hugging and kissing? for crying out loud - these are adults - adults!!!!! It's a crime-scene show, not 'how to romance you colleagues and get your assess sued for harrassment'-

What they are doing is unethical, and few seem to get that! Tells me that the audience has already shifted to a much younger one.

*wincing*

12. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

^We've seen Nick dancing with someone, Warrick and his wife, and well, where do I start with Catherine, what haven't we seen is more to point. Are those too soapy in your opinion?
    I'd definitely like to see some GSR action. *daydreams* We do get to see the characters out of work sometimes, but no one mentions it being too soapy then. :confused:

Also Clarrisani I'm interested to know if Butterflied is on your what not to watch list? That ep was GSR centric, but TPTB handled it really well IMO, they could do it again, and I hope they do. :p

13. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

All those instances you mention were linked to the cases - the cases. Which most of the GSR moments have not been, add to that the little fact that they are in a covert boss-underling relationship! And yes, Cath's latest (S7) dramas have been soapish and juvenile (flashing for an inmate, drinking from a glass she's so obvisously not kept her eyes on and getting drugged? She's a CSI for crying out loud, not a teen without experience.) *rolls eyes*

GSR has nothing to do with CSI - nothing at all - it just shows us what a bad supervisor Gil Grissom is and what a needy-weepy character Sara's grown into. They are simply not acting their age right now.

Butterflied was one of the most boring eps ever - the supervisor shilding his team-worked due to his own psychological issues. Irks me big time wuth his favoritism.

14. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Yes, and why can't there be another instance for GSR? I don't want an episode without a case either, I just want TPTB to work in something physical into an episode, and it's been done before.
    I think the fact that they aren't going around kissing while at work shows that they are adults, adults who have happened to fall in love. Also, no one noticed that they were together, shows that they CAN 'act their age.'

(um... what does (S/) mean. :rolleyes: I'm not very good with abreviations. :lol:)

15. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

To answer your question, eggbe4thechicken, "Butterflied" is on my 'to watch' list. The GSR wasn't the central focus of the episode, but rather it was Grissom's inner struggle with himself and his life choices, which did include Sara. That episode was beautifully shot and edited, and is in fact one of my favourites.

'Committed' I cannot stand. Always skip that episode, and not just because of the GSR. Just don't like the episode as a whole.

I'd love to see all the characters acting professional again. Not breaking down at the smallest thing, getting too involved, acting out of character. They're all doing it. I think the only one who's escaped it is Warrick, and Nick, I will admit, is still in recovery. But Greg, Catherine, Sara, and especially Grissom... why!? Okay, can answer the Greg one, but the others!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.