Season 8: Spoiler Picture Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 13, 2007.

1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Destiny has requested many, many times that we take discussions about GSR out of this thread and into shipper central.

I've been practicing what I preach ;)

Again, perhaps you might want to take this comment here as it was expressly created so that anyone might have an opinion on any ship, favorable or not.

2. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

Hahaha, that is funny :lol:. Especially since we are not the one talking about GSR in the actress's thread, and threads that generally should steer clear of ship talk. We are the ones being bombarded with GSR supporters on here who collectively cannot take the fact that there are people who disagree. When we complain, you are the ones jumping at our throats, telling us to stop bashing. Last time I checked, bashing did not include stating an opinion.

3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I am ONLY replying to comments made to me...

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I'm not speaking on behalf of my ship here. I'm speaking as an individual. I've kept my ship comments of late either in the shipper central board or (if they're episode-specific) in episodes with scenes that pertain to the relationship. I'm not going to defend the actions of other people who support my ship, but Destiny has requested that we take the conversation elsewhere, and there is a thread that was tailor-made for it.

So what's the problem?

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I was commenting on a picture which shows GSR, which is part of the show now, so I can comment on that in this thread. However, since GSR fans have yet again jumped on me, like they do with every 'anti-gsr' comment on this board and has created this whole argument. I do not want to see this board taken over by GSR fans like every other CSI board...

6. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

wow, i've just realized that we all feel the same way about each other on some basic level. gsr fans are annoyed and think anti-gsr fans are always negative, always bashing, etc.
    anti-gsr fans are annoyed and think gsr fans are always bringing the topic up and jumping on them.
    it's just kind of funny to me. in a perfect world, i'd say, let's agree to disagree...but it's not working.

as for the lighting in the pictures, i agree there's something up...his hair does look reddish...or a different shade of brown than i've ever seen it. in the embrace scene i think it looks pretty gray.
    i kind of would like to know more about the case in this ep, (though i do love gsrness) it seems like it's going to be interesting, and the fact that they ARE focusing so much on the gsr aspect would annoy me, i'm sure if i wasn't quite so biased!

~peace

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I think you have hit the nail on the head, in both topics.

Lighting can do weird things when a camera lense is involved. Especially to white and silver, it washes out or picks up other colors lights.

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

LOL. Nice one, George.

I loved that pic of Cath with Jack. Great shot :D She looks gorgeous.

9. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I am NOT BASHING! I am stating my opinion, and it doesn't matter if GSR fans don't like it, because it is MY OPINION

10. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

I totally agree with that (actually, I've agreed with most of what you've said, but that's neither here nor there)! Proves shipping is subjective.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the current storylines either, and after that little ship-arguement, I'd like to make a couple of suggestions to anyone who isn't a fan of the show as of late:

1. Find yourself a good fanfic to take your mind off of the show. Heck, even write your own. It keeps me sane.
    2. If you're like me and still can't decide if you want to continue watching the show after how twisted it has become since the earlier seasons, when watching the show, keep a soft object (ie. A pillow or a stress ball) nearby in case you need to throw something. A bucket never hurts either.
    3. Stop watching the show and move on.
    4. Try to avoid getting into arguements with other shippers, no matter how tempting or how right you think you are, because everyone has their own opinions and that will never change.
    5. Try to keep shipper stuff in shipper central. Personally I can barely stand discussions that relate back to a ship. Nobody wants to have one ship rubbed in their faces.

Getting back on topic, what is with Grissom's hair? I know that it may be the lighting, but if you look at his scalp, it has a red tinge, almost like dye. It is really bugging me. I think that I'm more excited to finding out of Gil actaully dyed his hair than the actual ep (mind you, I haven't been excited about an ep in a long time, so I'm not too surprised)

11. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Oh god. No, antiGSRers dont "secretly love it", it bugs the hell out of us.

And I personally dont "love" discussing it all the time either, but when you're on a site where you come for other CSI discussion and get constant GSR shoved in your face on every board, well, what do you expect?

It's ridiculous. And then, when you have a person who dislikes GSR, you have an army come and slam you for it then talk about "following the rules". Come on, guys.

Back on topic, then?

The pic of Gil looking down at a piece of paper in his hand is really bugging me, too. His hair looks a lot darker and so unnatural. I really don't like that.

I'd really like some more diverse pics, though... maybe some of Nick or Warrick? Greg, maybe? Please? *bats eyes*

12. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Oh my goodness people, this is ridiculous! It's a tv show, none of it's real. It just helps past time, so let's past time in a positive way and instead, argue with CBS over Billy's changing hair colour! :lol:

13. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Don't know about others but posting here aslo helps passing time, and I for one am enjoying it a lot.

Though I could care less about the hair color thing. I haven't even noticed any changes, I was under the impression that his hair has been grey for a very long time and that just the facial hair has changed over the seasons.

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Are there any spoilers out there? Can we keep this to truly just spoiler pics and just about them?

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

This is getting to be redundant, do I have to really come in here and repeat myself about the bickering and what have you, you want to debate GSR in general take it to the Shipper Central Debate thread. If you want to discuss GSR as it PERTAINS to the episode lets do so respectfully and peacefully please. These arguments are really getting out of hand.
    Aww yes another attempt to.. what words are they I am looking for.. OH YEAH! "get back on topic". Just to reiterate one more thing if you didn't see me quote the rules above please feel free to take a look now. Moving on now.

Thank you all and have a nice day! ;)