Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

It wouldn't be very realistic for a cop to become ME. You have to be a doctor to be ME and I doubt people who already have a job as police officers (so they finished academy) just decide to go to medical school... By the way, just medical school is not enough to become ME, you have to have some kind of specialization (I'm not sure that's the name it's used in USA).

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Exactly. Well actually there are some MEs who are not medical doctors, but, then again, it would be very unrealistic to have this guy come to Miami as a cop and then decide he should be an M.E.

They already did this Ryan who has always wanted to be a CSI (it's in his blodd after all ;)), I really don't think it's time for TPTB to play again....with a new character.

I really don't know what to think about Eddie, all I know is at the moment the MDPD doesn't need a new member....well except for the ME who, IMHO, could have been Tara (yeah I didn't see why TPTB felt the urgency to kick her out of the show :shifty:)

3. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Needless to say if Jon left I'd stop watching Miami too. =[

Let's hope no one is leaving.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't think he'll be a cop turned CSI. If tptb wanted him to turn 'ME' then I'd think they would've just brought him in as the new ME & skipped all the "Im a cop who saves people but now for some unknown reason what I'd really love out of life is to cut open dead bodies & play with thier insides". :wtf:

5. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

^ lol!:guffaw: You know they might just use that storyline because it's crazy and CSI: Miami is that crazy and as Emily Procter said in her interview in Monte Carlo it's a fantasy, so unreal stuff happens.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:guffaw: MJ, you have a way with words. :lol:

7. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

You know, I think I just may answer my own question. From what has been said by the writing staff in seasons past, the begin brainstorming and writing script outlines in June, with the first few episodes ready to reherse and shoot when the actors come back in the beginning of July. Knowing in years past that the actors should already be getting the season premiere script sometime in the next few days with read throughs, blocking and run throughs starting after the Independence Day holiday, we'd have heard by now if anyone didn't sign at least for the opening. How soon did the fans know when Rory Cochrane didn't renew his contract for the third season? I wasn't on the board then and wasn't actually watching until a bit later.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I wasn't around the forum then either, but I do know that, for me, Billy Peterson's came as a shock because he had signed for the new season, only there were fine lines in his contract which allowed him out so many epis into the season. That's why it's sometimes hard for me to "buy" all this contract business - saying one has re-signed, or saying one will return for the next season just doesn't confirm a whole lot anymore, especially if it's something tptb desperatly want to keep tight-lipped -- just like Vegas did with Jorja Fox before she left, she no sooner was found alive in the season premiere & then left later into the season.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that IF someone is planning a departure, it doesn't mean it has to be done in a season premiere or a season finale - exits can sneak in at any time of the season - contracts can be signed but it doesn't mean it's for a full season or longer. I'm not trying to freak everyone out -- I'm just sayin' ... :)

And just as a note - please don't freak that it's Togo, I honestly do not see his character anywhere near being built up for an exit, they've barely scratched the surface with him, & what they have developed so far leans more towards a future, not an exit.

9. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Good point:thumbsup: and I completely agree. I kind of got the impression that Ryan was heading for at the very least more responsibility maybe even a possible promotion in season 8. Ryan has really grown up by leaps and bounds this season, (the defining moment WISC) and coupled with not knowing anything about his past gives the writers enough storylines for him to fill a couple of season. Now if they would just WRITE them.

10. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Welcome, danny-lindsay4e! I'm trying to keep an open mind about the new character, and personally refuse to think about anyone leaving unless I see it actually happen.

11. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

I'm not to sure how i feel about this new character but I do feel as if someone my leave so that way Eddie can come in. Think about it that is how TPTB inroduced Ryan. I think that since TPTB plans to introduce Eddie as a regualr character that either some one is falling off the face of the Earth and since he is a cop he could be Franks replacement, or a character is leaving, and right now I tend to go with a character leaving.

12. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Eddie joining the cast is going to be interesting. I really enjoyed him in Third Watch and I am anxious to see where his storyline goes. I agree that he will probably be like Yelena's character.

Also, I would LOVE to have a Miami and a Los Vegas crossover episode! We had two CSI Miami and NY crossovers, so now we need a crossover with the original! Just a thought, what do you all think?

Ohh, I can't wait for season 8!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  13. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I don't think anyone is leaving the show. In fact, I texted that service "KGB" and asked them! They said as far as they know no one is leaving the show b/c of Eddie's arrival.

So if things, as Caruso insinuated at the end of the season, are going to be in a sense "rebooted" and going back to, as someone else brought up, the "2 cases an episode" formula then bringing Eddie Cibrian in could work. Miami was the only one of the CSI's to move away from the 2 cases an ep formula. NY and LV kept that formula and yet at times still had everyone work one case from time to time. Someting I thinks work way better.

I also think that having 2 cases an episode solves what alot of people have complained about (and rightfully so) this past season; not everyone getting enough screentime. If you only have one case going on in an ep, how many people can you have do the samething at the sametime? Not many. Doing 2 cases allows Eric and Cal to work a crime scene, process evidence, and interview people while at the same time having Ryan and Natalia doing exactly the same thing just with a different case. Therefore everyone gets to have something do and have screentime. Eddie would work with one set of CSI's while Frank works with other and H, well H just does what H does!! lol

My hope to is that along with the possibility of the "2 cases an ep" formula coming back into play, so will stand alone eps. I personally think Miami got way too caught up in the idea of having "on going storylines." This show and/or franchise was, imo, never really geared or designed to revolve around something like that. A serial killer storyline would be interesting, like the mini killer was but they need to move away from the whole "mob/gang taking over Miami" scenario that they created this season and back in season 4. Basically, they need to keep it simple and hopefully that is what Caruso was referring to in that interview; the writers/producers going back to basics.

I too, however, find it odd that Emmanuelle Vaugier was cut from NY b/c of budget contraints and Miami ADDING a character????:confused: Emily Procter did say that they will NOT be filming in Miami this year b/c of a smaller budget but Eddie Cibrian can't be coming cheap! Plus, as of right now, Miami doesn't have an ME! So unless they are just going to move that character into a recurring role (like Valera) we might still get yet another regular cast member!!

I would personally love another LV/Miami crossover. I even once asked Corey Miller if anything was in the works and he told me something interesting; he told me that there probably wouldn't be another LV/Miami corssover b/c some of the LV cast feel Miami was spun off too soon and don't like the idea of cross overs!! I kind of have an idea of who he might have been referring to ( I am going to keep it to myself though) and I think as long as there is or the possibility of animosity about it, there won't be another LV/Miami crossover. Which is something I think is totally stupid.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Absolutely agree with you :thumbsup:

Firt of all putting 2 cases an ep would definetely improve the screentime stuff, even if it could mean no team work left on the show. Though, there's always the possibility of all of them having a break all together and talking about their cases :p .
    The only thing I'd like to add is that they can always have one case for Calleigh and Natalia and one for Eric and Ryan and not just the usual pairings we've been seeing lately :p

I also think it's time for them to have a serial killer around Miami instead of the whole mob stuff also because it is becoming quite annoying for me.
    I would have loved the possibility of bringing back a serial killer like Hank Kerner who, at this point, would be stalking Calleigh in order to finally kill her. There's plenty of possibilities with a serial killer and I do think it would be nice to see someone from Natalia's past actually stalking her....at least it would be an interesting storyline for the girl ;)

As for the cross-over I won't even express my opnion about who the people from LV, who didn't want it, are also b/c I do think the show proved how they were definetly wrong. All I'm saying is that it is quite stupid, IMHO, to judge a show even way before its actual beginning.
    But, I have to say that the changes which have been occouring on LV can eventually help us. I do think that now they're much more open to the possibility of a new cross-over with Miami and I really hope I'm right 'cause I always love cross-overs ;)

15. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

I agree with you on this Florry. I'm sick to death of this usual parings. Personally I would like to see not just on case but multiple cases were not only Ryan and Eric work together or Calliegh and Natalia but also cases where Ryan and Calliegh work together and Eric and Natalia work together. I especially want to see these parings because the chracters have such a good dynamic when working together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.