Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Of course I'd love to see a little bit more of Cal/Ryan and Eric/Nat too :D
    Not to mention that when I'll see three of them or, even better, all of them having light hearted discussion about a case or their spare time, I'll definetely have a heart attack and no one will be able to revive me :eek::p

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't want a crossover because if they did it, the only one from Vegas that would be going would be Ray and sorry but no thank you. There are others I've wanted to crossover long before Ray came along.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I think you're right, Flo. Actually, a couple of the cast from LV have been openly vocal regarding their hostility toward Miami (I saw an interview with one where he openly attacked Caruso :(). It really is too bad and it's certainly not necessary. It changed my whole attitude regarding LV and I could care less about that show now.

I know that William Peterson was never a big fan of the cross-over idea and I noticed that once he stepped back and they brought Lawrence Fishburne in, David seized the moment (since he and Fisburne had worked together before) and asked him if he'd be willing to consider a cross-over with Miami. Fishburne was willing, but we need to keep in mind that William Peterson still acts as an Executive Producer for LV and can seriously complicate, if not stop completely, any cross-over if he still opposes it.

I personally would love to see all three shows come together. Caruso, Sinise and Fishburne = awesome! :thumbsup:

4. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I found it strange that the NY crew dropped a character and then said they'll add another. I thought they were tight on budgets..

This whole stuff of going back to basics seems to insinuate that even the producers are getting the feeling the show has gone off the rails. Perhaps they should bring in a new writer to give a fresh take on the show?

Sometimes I wonder if somewhere down the line, the Miami cast will do to Caruso what the Trek classic cast did with William Shatner where they implied that he was an arrogant glory hound? Personally I hope not

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I forgot to say my opinion about this stuff :lol:

Ok the whole economic crisis justfication is crap to me. I remember watching the interview delkolover mentioned and EP did say that b/c of the crisis they're not going to film the show in Miami and that there'll be more scenes in the lab rather than on the streets. This is a good explanation.

But when, right after it, I hear they're gonna add a new a character I don't give a damn to this justification. They already tricked as with the whole Emanuelle Vaugier leaving the show b/c of the budget problem. Too bad that right after that kind of decision they deliberatly chose to add a new character without any good explanation. I really can't find an explanation for that.

As I really can't find an explanation for adding a new character without firing anyone else. Unless it is b/c of the "2 cases an ep" justification, I really can't see how this is going to help the show and the problems it is famous for. Let's not deny that it lacks the team spirit and the screentime is constantly screwed up always for the same people. So yeah they better come with a good explanation for this new additio, at least for me ;)

As for the whole refreshing character, I do think that Miami has already had some of them, but has always failed disfruiting them in the proper way :rolleyes:

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

TPTB do not need fresh characters - what they need is to get their heads out of thier asses & come up with a little thing called FRESH STORYLINES, & they don't need to add a new series regular to do that!!! F*ckin' DUMB.
    No offence to Eddie Cibrian, but I hope to hell that tptb can come up with something better for the season than just adding a hunky guy into the mix. Yes, he's hot, we get it - now are you creative enough to actually write something worth watching?! I sure as hell hope so!

7. GregNickRyanFan

I think you're right about that... at least I hope so. :lol: I don't know about a new writer though.

I'm confused about something Emily said though. She mentioned that they weren't going to film on location in Miami anymore. I thought the whole show was filmed in California on a set just like Vegas is. :confused: Could someone clarify that for me please?

In regards to the new character, I think that if they do the two case per ep thing, the screen time might improve for the characters. As has already been mentioned, they could show one group working with Frank on one case and another group working with Eddie on Case B. That way, everyone gets more screentime. It's hard to give enough screentime to that many cast members and only one case. Its hard to decide who is going to be doing what and have enough for everyone to do. So, I'm looking forward to it if they're going back to the two case per ep formula.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^They do film in California, but premiers & finales were filmed in Miami - some of them used to say it was like a little vacation for the cast. That's what EP was referring to.

9. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, okay. Thanks. :) I thought the only thing from actual Miami was arial shots (ie the beach, palm trees, etc). :lol: I wonder if they'll still do a little of that.

10. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

ugh! I hate being away from the computer for a week...don't get me wrong, the beach was nice, but I gotta get caught up with stuff...any good spoilers yet?

11. GregNickRyanFan

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything unless you weren't already aware of Eddie Cibrian joining the show as a detective. :lol: That's all we've been given thus far. :) Glad you had a good time at the beach. :)

I am hoping that now that the show should be filming pretty soon that we'll be getting more spoilers soon. :)

12. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I also don't get the budget cutbacks stuff. Their shows are really high rated so what's the problem? The only thing I can think of is that they spent a lot of money upgrading their filming equipment for the whole DTV stuff.

I have a feeling if the ratings started dipping significantly, they'll clean house and bring someone new in

13. electra

electra Pathologist

Delkolover,your idea sounds great.That way we will get someone new and screentime would be more balanced.:thumbsup:

I can understand why WP would not want a crossover.I like both shows but they are so different that I am not sure how that would be.Catherine and Calleigh have definely girl power and Ryan would be perfect with Greg but besides that not much in common

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I'd like to see a cross-over with LV now that Peterson is gone because I think Caruso, Helgenberger and Fishburne have great chemistry and I like watching them work together.

I can also see Ryan doing well with the LV group. I actually don't think that Catherine and Calleigh would work well together at all. In fact when Catherine came to Miami I got the feeling she didn't care for Calleigh. Could be just my perception. Calleigh's changed completely since then so maybe it would work.

All in all, I much prefer the cross-over to be with NY. I adore Gary Sinise and Melina Kanakaredes, and again, I think Caruso has a wonderful chemistry with both. I've found myself many times wishing that Melina was one of the Miami cast. For some reason I could see her doing some really funny scenes with Rex Linn. :) She's wonderful and I love her character.

Have you be given reason to believe they would or should? He learned his lesson and he learned it the hard way. I think some use his past reputation to their advantage to suit their agenda. He doesn't defend himself because what good would it do? Very few ever give him the benefit of the doubt and he's always found guilty with little or no evidence to support the charge. :(

15. Mrs.DelkoWolfe

Mrs.DelkoWolfe Lab Technician

I disagree GNRF. I think doing two cases per epi is going to help screen time that much. It is possible for the entire team to work one case and each character have decent screen time. It's been done before and each character was seen working on the case and reporting back to H at a differnt time, gong out and questioning suspects and so on. I thnk that adding a new character even of TPTB goes back to the two cases per epi formula it will only minimize the screen time for some charactes because one case is going to dominate most of the show. Personally I think if some of the romace crap was cut out that there would be more time to show more characters working on a case and the team working together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.