Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

OMG I totally wrote a drabble where he had a nightmare about it. :lol:

2. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

3. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

This new regular thing got me a little nervous...I'm not gonna lie! I hope that none of my favorites (ok...my only real favorite) got the axe this season. We know Adam is coming back but are there any confimations for the rest? I just want to be reassured that they're (Ok...he) is coming back! :shifty:

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

What I find strange is that they've already pinned the actor before creating the character - isn't that a little backwards? Most of the time they create the character & then make the casting call after loads of auditions (unless it's a big star that they just really want). I'm not trying to be offensive here, but why Eddie Cibrian??! Not saying it's a bad thing, it's just confusing is all.

I guess for me I'd rather have a better idea of the character first (aside from his being a cop from LA). I don't know much about this guy or his work, but judging by his appearance he looks like the type that could play out cocky, headstrong, & stubborn; & though his appearance fits in with the Miami "theme", he strikes me as the type who would butt heads with them (character-wise). Not sure why, but that's the vibe I'm getting- he just has that "bad boy" look to me.

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Totally agree with you.
    Also, we already had this kind of guy. His name was Jake Berkley. So yeah I'd rather see Johnny Whitworth coming back instead of having Jake's copycat :rolleyes:

6. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I don't see this new character as a Jake's copycat. I mean, the only thing we know they have in common is that they are both cops. I think everyone knows my opinion on Jake character so I don't want to go there, I just want to say I hope he never comes back. However, I do hope this new character is in a way connected with... well, anything. It would be nice if he had something to do with some Natalia storyline (not romantic). Maybe she knew him from somewhere, or something like that.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

What I mean is that his Eddie's appearence makes me thing of a cocky guy who can easily be pictured as a "bad boy". Well we already have it ;)

This doesn't mean that I want him on the show, maybe, related with an interesting storyline possibely with Natalia's background :p

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Maybe she used to live there and maybe there was a person stalking her there and he's the cop that helped her out and caught the guy. Maybe he intially just comes back to find her and tell her the guy escaped and to be on the lookout, but he decides to stay and work in Miami. It'd be nice if they had him and Nat as JUST FRIENDS. Cause we barely have that on this show. I mean, we have it to a degree with Cal/Ry, but it's nowhere near the friendship of Cath/Gil or Mac/Stella. And we haven't gotten that with Cal/H for some reason. I'd love to see that with Nat and the new guy. He could kind of be like Agent Mike, only not a scumbag who gets his CI's killed cause he thinks they're preg with his kid.

9. electra

electra Pathologist

I can't say much about Eddie except that he is eye candy.What I want is him to have a good friendship with Eric and Ryan.It will be nice to have some banter like Eric and Speed had.

I am not exactly against a romantic relationship with Natalia but we need to know the character first.That is probably my issue with Lindsay from NY and Jake.

Anyway,we have to wait and see.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think I'd just feel better knowing for sure if he's recurring or series regular. Where is tptb & why aren't they talking? :shifty:
    I can see where Vegas considers Wendy & Hodges regulars now, but they didn't start out that way ( & yes there are more than one cop/detective but they're also recurring), so I'm slightly lost on the idea of a cop being a series regular when just starting out. Just doesn't make sense to me, unless it's to get him in & then take someone else away later in the season. :confused:

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree. The show has really been lacking banter-wise ;). Eric and Speed's relationship was always so much fun to watch. My hopes for this new guy is that he can bring that back with the guys. Especially with Eric since he lost his buddy. I really hope they don't make him the cocky, arrogant type because we don't need more conflict between the characters and I am inmediately annoyed by these types of characters, for example Jake. I hope he's just a nice guy who'll be a cool dude to have fun with, and a good friend to the guys.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I found this article while googling Eddie Cibrian - there isn't much new except for one little detail that has me slightly confuzzled. It says he will play an officer from Hollywood, Florida.
    Makes more sense to me that he'd be from Florida (apparently Hollywood isn't far from Miami), but I'm not too sure at this point which article has it correct. :confused:

Anyway, here's the link if you want to check it out.
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/06/eddie-cibrian-joins-csi-miami.html

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thanks for posting it.

Ok I define myself a "goat" whenever it's time to talk about American geography, but have neaver heard of a city named Hollywood in Florida :wtf: :lol:

Trust me, it's the only article about the guy I've been reading which mentions that he comes from Florida. All the others talk about Hollywood, the one in California ;)

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Well I know that Miami is on one of the US and Hollywood is on the other.

All this buzz about the new guy and stuff and him taking up screen time of other actors and replacing Delko and possibly stealing Calleigh: is stupid. Even if you all might be joking, I find myself getting turned off of him...he doesn't have a name!:lol: He better grow on me after the first episode or I'll, I don't know. I'm just a person who sticks to what she's used to: H, Cal, Eric, Ry, Nat, and Frank and no one else. If Khandi ever came back I'd be unsure about that, cuz I've grown passed her.

Anyone ever wonder who's the new ME?

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I admit, I thought it was a typo but when I googled the city, sure enough it was there on the map located just above Miami, so who knows. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.