Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok I did the same exact thing you did and all I have to say is "OMG!!!" :eek:

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ok, well don't kill me cause I'm just pointing out a few things :lol: but I went back through all the articles featuring Eddie's character & none of them say anything about California or LA - it only says "the Hollywood Division". The only article that refers to the Hollywood in California is the one here at CSIFiles.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

^ I think a lot of people assumed it was Hollywood, CA because that's one of the most well known cities in CA and you hardly ever hear about Hollywood, Florida. :lol: It's kind of like if they'd said he was from the Paris division, people would assume it was Paris, France as opposed to say Paris, TN. :)

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I told you I'm a goat :lol:. Well I just assumed it was Hollywood in California. I mean I'm pretty sure that most of the people while reading Hollywood, would think it's the one in California. Probably that was also CSI:Files assumption too :p

5. GregNickRyanFan

I did a search and apparently there are 10 U.S. cities/towns called Hollywood. I tried to find out what other states had Hollywoods besides Florida and Miami, but all that would come up on the search engines was that there were ten, none of them would tell me where. :lol: I think one may be in NY possibly and maybe Mass. as well. Actually, I kind of think Tennessee might have one called Hollywood. :lol: These freaking search engines are useless. Every one I use keeps linking me back to the same first one I went to which doesn't tell me what I want to know. Grr!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Hello, yes, I'm still alive. I've just been having computer problems.

I was pretty shocked when I first read about Eddie Cibrian joining the cast as a *regular*? Yes, he's cute, but hasn't TPTB been reading how fans want more screentime for the characters who are already on the show? *ahem* But I do tend to think that his coming on the show might mean one of the regulars is leaving. I'm not sure what to think about that and hesitate to say too much more about anyone possibly leaving.

One of the articles I read--and I can't remember which one--said that Eddie's character would be from the LAPD, as in Los Angeles. ;) We're just going to have to wait till we get more info from TPTB. As long as they give me my Rick Stetler storyline with H, I'll be happy. But if Rick is missing at the beginning of this season like what happened last season, I'm going to be :klingon::shifty::scream::(.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yeah I do think that someone is going to leave the show, though they won't reveal it. But, at the same time, there are too many suspects :shifty:
    The only one I'm going to exclude from my list is Adam ;)

Oh yeah I remember that one too. Gosh I've been reading more articles about this guy than all the others about the show :lol:

8. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Okay, I have a quick question: Why does the addition of a new regular absolutely mean that another regular is leaving? They added Natalia and nobody left. I don't like the idea of adding another character when the writers are already having problems writing for the existing cast. I'm not talking big stories for each character, but the more meaningful, detailed stuff that seemed to slowly fall by the wayside.

As for the rotating detectives, we had: Bernstein, Adele, Frank, Yelina, Hagan and Jake. Frank only became a regular in the fifth season and nobody who was a regular then left. Why would someone have to leave?

9. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well adding a new regular character without anyone else leaving else leaving the show, at this point, would be just useless and quite stupid, IMHO.

I mean ok they added Natalia as a regular without anyone else leaving, but it caused some troubles just because she's an addition. I'm not saying that Natalia was bad (since I do love her), but I found it pretty difficult to add a new character in a show who already had 5 regular characters (Horatio, Calleigh, Eric, Ryan and Alexx) and they already had some trouble in fitting everyone. OFC the screeentime setting becomes much more difficult.

You can't even imagine how complicated the situation can be when you add 3 regular characters with no one else leaving the show (in about 3 years). I'm not considering Tara since she actually replaced Alexx. I'm just considering Natalia, Frank and this guy.
    While the show could have coped with Natalia and Frank's addition (let's not deny that they're part of the screentime setting and TPTB already have a difficult time with these two), just add Eddie and we're done.

Not to mention all the recurring characters who have been showing up on the show just to miserabely disappear a while later as it happened to Jake, Tyler and Duke....let's also not forget that they use Yelina as Horatio's personal slave/toy because she's a trouble for TPTB, in terms of screentime settings.

So yeah, if I were TPTB, I wouldn't add anyone among my cast unless I want to kill off one of my characters ;)

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Knowing my luck it would probably be Ryan:( That would bring my watching of the show to an end.

11. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I know who I'd like to see leave the series because IMHO the character is a joke, but that's just not going to happen any time in the near future.

What I would like to see is more humor in the show. CSI is pretty funny a lot of the time and, although it's a different franchise entirely, NCIS can be downright hysterical while dealing with dead bodies and gruesome crime scenes. So, more humor is my hope and no one leaves.

Has anyone heard of anyone else re-signing their contracts yet?

12. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

hey all new here

i just want to say i'm looking forward to the new season and what it has to bring, not to sure about Eddie Cibrian joining the cast maybe it's just cause i don't like him maybe who he plays will be easier to like.

hope nobody leaves just so he can come in

13. GregNickRyanFan

Guys, it's very possible that the term "regular" is being used loosely here. I mean, Wendy and SuperDave on Vegas are considered regulars, but they are not in the opening credits with Marg and the others. They are the first names shown when the show comes back from its first commercial break though. Perhaps Eddie's character would be like that. Wendy isn't always on the show. And sometimes when she is, she doesn't have that much screentime. SuperDave is on average, in one scene per ep (the examining the body at the crime scene because Doc Robbins doesn't go out into the field that often).

Secondly, this guy is supposed to be a detective. they've already done the whole CSI dies replaced by cop turned CSI on this show. Surely they won't do it again. If anyone leaves for the new guy to take their place it would most likely be Frank. But, no one necessarily has to leave for a new character to come in. Like I said, its possible he won't be a regular in the sense that David C and the others are.

I still say its possible they might do a cop-turned-ME storyline. That hasn't been done before. they did ME turned CSI on NY and kind of with Ray on Vegas, but never a cop first then ME. It's possible this guy could be someone who started out wanting to be a doc so he went to medical school, but then maybe someone he cared about deeply was murdered and that made him want to be a cop, so he went to the academy and became one.

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

As far as I know, AR is the only one who has re-signed, though none of this is official ;)

Next time give me a CSI who wants to become a cop :rolleyes:.
    Sorry, but this is CSI:Franchise habit I dislike. I mean it's not like in your RL whenever you want to change your job (even if you're competent), you get it :p

Anyway, I don't care whether he's a regular or just a recurring COP on the show. That's not the real problem. The problem is the fact that they're adding a character (even if just recurring) who's going to stick around for a while and looks like he's gonna be a good guy, at least, he doesn't look like the thousandth killer who wants Calleigh or H or the entire team dead.

No, please, you (TPTB) solve your screentime troubles and then you can add a new member ;)

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

First of all, Welcome danny-lindsay4e!

I completely agree. Their answer to THAT problem is going to add to the problem.

You are right GNRF!:thumbsup: I actually like the cop-turned-ME storyline. It is different and different seems to be the word of the day on Miami.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.