Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is some confusion as far as Ryan's place of birth, as some believe Miami are ignoring facts that Ryan's from Boston. TPTB never inplied in an episode that he was from boston, only that he went to school there. So, in all intensive purposes, Miami is keeping with facts and Ryan could very well be a Miami native. We don't know and assuming they just forgot is a little unfair.

But I digress to the topic at hand...So excited to see a chubby Ryan. I think it will be cute! Really looking forward to the premere, lots of cool stuff going on and people coming back!! Can't wait!! :)

^^ I agree, cause it's possible that Ryan was just born in Boston & spent his chilhood there but wound up in Miami when he was a teenager -- or it could be vice versa where he was born in Miami, later left for Boston, & then came back -- people move around all the time, so it isn't unrealistic to consider. I don't think tptb will go too far as in actually explaining that, but there are still ways around it, & it seems like this is what tptb like for us to do anyway -- take a smidge of info & come up with a conclusion ourselves.

On another note, I don't think he's 18. From what I read, he's apparently with a junior officer's troop or something like this - I do think he's still fairly young, but I got the impression he was out of highschool & had already started working to become a cop. I don't know the details in what the first step is in getting there, but he makes a comment referring to when he get's out, so I would assume that Ryan is actually out of highschool, & he's part of some group where he's already started training - which would safely put him around 20 years old, & I think Jon could pull that off.

Am I the only one that thinks this whole idea is crazy? I am not impressed by any of this....in fact I think this is one step closer to Miami finally going off the deep end. :(:(

The only thing that excites me about this is seeing Alexx again......:)

Hey was just in SpoilerTV.com and put in CSI:Miami and they want a 17 Year old Ryan Wolfe cuz they say right there that "17 year old Ryan is going to be taking a tour around the Miami Dade Police Department. 17 year old Ryan is going to be looking at Calleigh his future co-worker."

I dont know if I can Post a link?

Hey was just in SpoilerTV.com and put in CSI:Miami and they want a 17 Year old Ryan Wolfe cuz they say right there that "17 year old Ryan is going to be taking a tour around the Miami Dade Police Department. 17 year old Ryan is going to be looking at Calleigh his future co-worker."

So Jon won't be playing Ryan which means Rory might not be playing Speed after all. :(

^^ I agree, cause it's possible that Ryan was just born in Boston & spent his chilhood there but wound up in Miami when he was a teenager -- or it could be vice versa where he was born in Miami, later left for Boston, & then came back -- people move around all the time, so it isn't unrealistic to consider. I don't think tptb will go too far as in actually explaining that, but there are still ways around it, & it seems like this is what tptb like for us to do anyway -- take a smidge of info & come up with a conclusion ourselves.

On another note, I don't think he's 18. From what I read, he's apparently with a junior officer's troop or something like this - I do think he's still fairly young, but I got the impression he was out of highschool & had already started working to become a cop. I don't know the details in what the first step is in getting there, but he makes a comment referring to when he get's out, so I would assume that Ryan is actually out of highschool, & he's part of some group where he's already started training - which would safely put him around 20 years old, & I think Jon could pull that off.
All sounds reasonable,but at what point did he go to college? Did he become a cop and then go back to school perhaps(in Boston)?He was at some point working on his masters degree.

He was supposed to talk to Speedle, now he's gonna be looking at Calleigh? I guess that means Rory didn't want to be in the episode or couldn't be. Well, at least there's been indication that Ryan had seen Calleigh before. He said in one ep that he took her class when she was a guest lecturer or something.

So, if Rory isn't coming back and Ryan's scene has changed to seeing Calleigh instead of Speedle, what does that do for Natalia's scene?

If that's the case that would mean that Jon (or Eva for that matter) won't be in the episode at all. :( There was nothing there about Ryan (or Natalia) in the present time scenes, only the 1997 ones.

Come on, if Friends can make CCA look 16 again when she's in her 30s, why can't Miami make Jon look 17? They're not gonna let Jon play young Ryan, but they're gonna let the others play their characters younger? If Jon isn't in this ep, then I doubt I will watch it. The only reason I liked the idea even a little bit was because I wanted to see Jon and Rory interact. If I can't see that and Jon isn't in it as present time Ryan (which it doesn't look like present time Ryan or present Natalia are even around) then I just can't find myself interested in the storyline (cause flashback episodes bug me anyway) and I'm getting tired of hospital scenes and especially irritated that the WHOLE TEAM doesn't come to visit the person in the hospital (not at the same time of course, but it wouldn't kill the writers to write each character visiting the injured one or at least calling to ask about their condition, especially when the character is near death).

Am I the only one that thinks this whole idea is crazy? I am not impressed by any of this....in fact I think this is one step closer to Miami finally going off the deep end. :(:(

You're not the only one, Kat. I totally agree with you. The only thing about the whole idea that had me interested was the possibility of Jon and Rory interacting, but now it looks like we're not even getting that. :(

Last edited:
Maybe tptb realized Ryan doesn't have a Boston accent :lol:
My guess is he was born in Boston and attended college there and just...moved in between/afterwards.
Maybe he's in Miami just for a visit, like the way some parents send their kids to camp or to go look at colleges or whatever.

I don't disagree with them casting a different person to play young Ryan. We've seen Ryan change drastically since season 3 and for him to try and go back, we'd know the difference I'm sure. I'm still excited to see young Ryan, it's the only thing making me watch this episode after all...

And judging by the casting call, doesn't look like Ryan meets Speed either, which is kinda dumb because I thought that woulda worked out wayyyy better than him meeting Calleigh....? I mean with Speed they could have gotten away with it but with Calleigh I sense differently. She was kinda cool to him at first, wasn't she? Maybe her warming up to him in Under the Influence was supposed to be a substitute for 'familiarity'.

Last edited:

If that's the case then I hate this idea because that would mean that Jon won't be in the episode at all. There was nothing there about Ryan in the present time scenes, only the 1997 ones. Come on, if Friends can make CCA look 16 again when she's in her 30s, why can't Miami make Jon look 17?

well I dont know if they're only gonna play the 17 year old Ryan only in the flashback and keep the regular Jon in present time.
They might even go with Jon playing both roles.
Cause at the end it says .....SHOULD RESEMBLE A 17 YEAR OLD JONATHAN TOGO (THE ACTOR WHO PLAYS THE CURRENT-DAY RYAN WOLFE

Maybe tptb realized Ryan doesn't have a Boston accent :lol:
My guess is he was born in Boston and just...moved later.
Maybe he's in Miami just for a visit, like the way some parents send their kids to camp or to go look at colleges or whatever.

:lol: or maybe his parents (one or both) are in the military and he moved around a lot. :lol:

I don't disagree with them casting a different person to play young Ryan. We've seen Ryan change drastically since season 3 and for him to try and go back, we'd know the difference I'm sure. I'm still excited to see young Ryan, it's the only thing making me watch this episode after all...

I disagree with it becuase if they can do it on Friends and other shows, why not on Miami? Plus, I'm not excited about seeing a young Ryan unless current day Ryan is there as well. From what I read, there doesn't seem to be any indication that any of the present day scenes will be anything more than H, Cal, Eric and Alexx in the hospital. There is no indication that Ryan or Natalia are anywhere in sight which is stupid in my opinion. If one of my teammates was near death and I considered myself friends with them, I'd be right there holding vigil with the rest of them. Or at least I'd come by for a visit. But it doesn't look like we're getting anything like that. :(

And judging by the casting call, doesn't look like Ryan meets Speed either, which is kinda dumb because I thought that woulda worked out wayyyy better than him meeting Calleigh....? I mean with Speed they could have gotten away with it but with Calleigh I sense differently. She was kinda cool to him at first, wasn't she? Maybe her warming up to him in Under the Influence was supposed to be a substitute for 'familiarity'.

In a way, it makes sense. Ryan did say that he took a class where she was the teacher/guest teacher. she didn't seem to know him from that. She didn't know he took her class. But maybe he just sees her in passing and doesn't actually have any interaction with her in the past.

I disagree with it becuase if they can do it on Friends and other shows, why not on Miami? Plus, I'm not excited about seeing a young Ryan unless current day Ryan is there as well. From what I read, there doesn't seem to be any indication that any of the present day scenes will be anything more than H, Cal, Eric and Alexx in the hospital. There is no indication that Ryan or Natalia are anywhere in sight which is stupid in my opinion. If one of my teammates was near death and I considered myself friends with them, I'd be right there holding vigil with the rest of them. Or at least I'd come by for a visit. But it doesn't look like we're getting anything like that. :(

In a way, it makes sense. Ryan did say that he took a class where she was the teacher/guest teacher. she didn't seem to know him from that. She didn't know he took her class. But maybe he just sees her in passing and doesn't actually have any interaction with her in the past.

Oh okay. ^ Yeah I forgot he talked about learning from her. Then that makes fine sense to me.

Yeah, if we don't see present day Ryan or Nat that'd be stupid. This is the season PREMIER after all. I know it's an Eric-fest but come on. As excited as I am to see young Ryan we're only going to see a few seconds of him (his scene is like this <--> small). Still, I'm going to watch it and try to ignore all the angst. I'm still hoping that they'll do soemthing with all that's going on instead of it just being senseless drama and angst.

Another thing. The casting call for young Ryan doesn't seem to mention a body type. So maybe there will be no chubby Ryan- for those of you who didn't find the idea appealing! I'm okay with it either way. I didn't mind chubby Ryan but I also didn't think that Ryan had that body type, either. :lol:

Hmmm, well with this casting news it does sound like they've been switching around the script a bit. Which might mean Rory turned this down. :(

I can buy a young Ryan meeting Calleigh - going back to 'Under the Influence' it would still make sense. But then who knows where they'll fit in Natalia. She can't be interacting with Calleigh in the past, cause of how they met in s4 - that'd be pretty dumb & I'd have to kick tptb if they did that. The only people she didn't have proper introductions with is Horatio & Eric... well, & Alexx.

From what I read, there doesn't seem to be any indication that any of the present day scenes will be anything more than H, Cal, Eric and Alexx in the hospital. There is no indication that Ryan or Natalia are anywhere in sight which is stupid in my opinion.
And I agree, but what we read isn't everything that's in the episode. There could be more present day scenes in there that maybe tptb didn't want leaked out. I couldn't imagine them completely leaving Jon out of the entire episode. Besides, if this casting call means that they've had to scratch parts (a good bit!) of the episode, then they may have worked him in somewhere else.

I was just waiting for this. Don't get me wrong, but it was pretty clear they were not going to use Jonathan. It would have been a very hard mission. Not only he had to be chubby, but he had to look 17 when righ now he's 32....sorry but it would have been practically impossible even with the best make-up departement.

At the same time I'm having the doubt they're gonna do the same thing also with some of the other actors Emily and Rory for instance. While Emily could have almost the same problem as Jonathan, we don't know for sure whether Rory is coming back.

As for Ryan looking at Calleigh
1) isn't Speed the one who almost trips when he sees her?
2) it is absolutely impossible and absolutely incosistent with the rest of the episodes we've been watching!
Ryan firstly knew Calleigh a year before s3 during a course (the whole earrings stuff come to my mind :D ). She was his teacher....then we all know how they first met...for real.

As for Ryan not having his scene with Speedle, weell it's still entirely possible they're gonna shoot it. I mean the original script was about Speed almost tripping while he sees Calleigh for the first time and then having his little dialogue with Ryan in a completely different area of the department. So we're not sure about it yet ;)

And I agree, but what we read isn't everything that's in the episode. There could be more present day scenes in there that maybe tptb didn't want leaked out. I couldn't imagine them completely leaving Jon out of the entire episode. Besides, if this casting call means that they've had to scratch parts (a good bit!) of the episode, then they may have worked him in somewhere else.

I hope they do work him in. But all the same, I'm glad some people here get to see the ep an hour or two before I do. That way, I can read about the ep here and decide from there whether or not I even wanna bother watching. :lol:

I was just waiting for this. Don't get me wrong, but it was pretty clear they were not going to use Jonathan. It would have been a very hard mission.

I know it's a stretch to make someone who is 31 and a half look 17, but they did it on Friends, so I don't think it's that difficult. And plus, remember the movie Grease? Everyone was supposed to be in high school but they all looked 25 to 30 years old instead of 16-18. :lol: As for the chubby part, they can use padding. They've done it on movies. If they can make a woman who isn't pregnant look pregnant, why can't they make a man who isn't chubby look chubby? If they use padding and put him in certain kinds of clothing, it can easily be accomplished.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back