Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Since CSI: Miami is flashing back to 1997, can we assume that some old favorites will be returning? Like Rory Cochrane? --Katie
Ausiello: His participation remains a question mark, according to exec producer Ann Donahue. "We're talking to Rory right now about coming back," she says. "We don't know if it's going to happen yet." (Click here to re-read Cochrane's recent comments on the subject. What seemed confusing two weeks ago suddenly makes a lot of sense.) Donahue is able to confirm that Khandi Alexander will return for the Miami prequel. And what about Kim Delaney, who was shown the door at the end of season 1? "We love Kim [but] we didn't approach her to do this," Donahue says of the Army Wives heroine. "We [may] mention that Megan is on a task force in Tallahassee." BTW, for more on CSI: Miami's change-of-pace premiere, pick up the new issue of EW, on sale Friday.

Source

Thank you vegaslight :)

I am so crossing my fingers for Rory to be there!!!!!!! I hope that whatever needs to be worked out is worked out. Plus from what I've read they would have to do major changes to the script if he's not there or get someone else to play Speed (which I hope does not happens). I really can't see anyone else as Speed.

Anyway, so cool that Khandi is confirmed!! I hand't realized just how much I missed her until I saw her in Smoke gets...

Cal as a newbie, Eric still on underwater rescue, Horatio getting his sunnies, Speed and Ryan talking, Alexx back on the morgue.... that's just a lot of cool stuff happening at once! Now I just want to know that Eric will come out ok from all this and that this is just a way for them to remove what's left from that bulllet so that he won't have to deal with the fear of a foreign object in his head anymore :).

Question: Since CSI: Miami is flashing back to 1997, can we assume that some old favorites will be returning? Like Rory Cochrane? --Katie
Ausiello:
His participation remains a question mark, according to exec producer Ann Donahue. "We're talking to Rory right now about coming back," she says. "We don't know if it's going to happen yet." (Click here to re-read Cochrane's recent comments on the subject. What seemed confusing two weeks ago suddenly makes a lot of sense.) Donahue is able to confirm that Khandi Alexander will return for the Miami prequel. And what about Kim Delaney, who was shown the door at the end of season 1? "We love Kim [but] we didn't approach her to do this," Donahue says of the Army Wives heroine. "We [may] mention that Megan is on a task force in Tallahassee." BTW, for more on CSI: Miami's change-of-pace premiere, pick up the new issue of EW, on sale Friday.

Source

***Jumps up and down with excitement!***
YAY! One down, one more to go. Any chance of us convincing Rory to come back....how do we do that?

I really hope Rory takes the part, cause it would be too strange having someone else play his character. I'm quite sure the only reason anyone wants Speed to return is to actually see Rory Cochrane, so it'd be a complete waste, imo, if anyone else played the part. If Rory does turn it down, I wonder if they'll axe his parts all together & just throw something else in.

hiphugger17 said:
Plus from what I've read they would have to do major changes to the script if he's not there or get someone else to play Speed (which I hope does not happens). I really can't see anyone else as Speed.

I really really hope Rory agrees. If they had a different actor play Speed, it would sort of defeat the purpose of showing the team meet up for the first time, not to mention the apparently rapport between H and Speed -- doesn't really give the same effect if there is a different actor involved.

mjszud said:
I'm quite sure the only reason anyone wants Speed to return is to actually see Rory Cochrane, so it'd be a complete waste, imo, if anyone else played the part.

Agreed.

And if they'd have to re-work the script, it would be a bummer. :p Here's to hoping he gets on the bandwagon.

It's nice to see Khandi is confirmed to return for the premiere!

Thanks for the info, Shane! :)

One thing that might be worth of discussion: do you think the Miami lab will be like the one featured in the early seasons, pre-seasons 4-7?

I really hope Rory takes the part, cause it would be too strange having someone else play his character. I'm quite sure the only reason anyone wants Speed to return is to actually see Rory Cochrane, so it'd be a complete waste, imo, if anyone else played the part. If Rory does turn it down, I wonder if they'll axe his parts all together & just throw something else in.

I don't know how they could do this w/o Rory. In the spoilers I read, he is clearly present and plays a huge part in the ep. So if Rory doesn't agree to come back, then it looks like they have to rewrite a lot of the ep b/c in '97 it was really only H and Speed who worked together along with some detectives.....Calleigh just arrives to join the team in this ep so again, if he (Rory) doesn't come back I think things will get a little sticky. He is, according to what I read, a huge player in this ep. And they would then have to rewrite "Ryan's" piece of the ep b/c the only one, and I gotta say this is a nice little loophole they created here b/c it allows them to say Ryan was there and since the only guy who saw and interacted with him is dead...they can get away with saying he was there!

And how can they throw someone else in and not use Speed at all? I mean where would he be? with Megan on assignment? That is lame imo. If you can't get integral players back in order to do a flashback eo, then you shouldn't really do it....which makes me think that Rory has one foot in the door. They wouldn't post the spoilers with him in it or, imo, even write it if they didn't think they could get him back. Having to re-write everything if the guy says no only wastes time and creates more work.

One thing that might be worth of discussion: do you think the Miami lab will be like the one featured in the early seasons, pre-seasons 4-7?

I hope so. If they don't they are really pushing the limit on suspension of disbelief on our parts. I also don't see how they couldn't do it...everything is done on sound stages. Ya know this ep seems like it is going to be very expensive. Emily said they wouldn't be shooting in Miami this season b/c of budget cuts BUT they can add Eddie Cibrian to the show and now possibly recreate the "old" lab on a sound stage for ONE ep? Is anyone else besides me confused but this?

From what I understood the lab might even be smaller than the one in season 1. Maybe that would help them budget-wise though I still agree that it's a lot for just one episode. However, they should make it dark like it was before and not all yellow and orange like everything is now.

delkolover said:
If you can't get integral players back in order to do a flashback eo, then you shouldn't really do it....which makes me think that Rory has one foot in the door. They wouldn't post the spoilers with him in it or, imo, even write it if they didn't think they could get him back. Having to re-write everything if the guy says no only wastes time and creates more work.

Exactly. It's my understanding they start shooting the premiere July 20th so if negotiations continue into the week, there's not much time from now until then to re-write a script if they have to unless they really scramble or have alternatives in mind already. And I'm not sure if they would push back the premiere date.

vegaslights said:

From what I've seen, it looks like the actual 'official' lab isn't even built/occupied yet. But I can imagine what they do have isn't very advanced, lol.

Last edited:

I hope so. If they don't they are really pushing the limit on suspension of disbelief on our parts. I also don't see how they couldn't do it...everything is done on sound stages. Ya know this ep seems like it is going to be very expensive. Emily said they wouldn't be shooting in Miami this season b/c of budget cuts BUT they can add Eddie Cibrian to the show and now possibly recreate the "old" lab on a sound stage for ONE ep? Is anyone else besides me confused but this?
Agreed, but, as far as I know, the lab will be very small. If I'm not wrong I read that Calleigh's firerarms lab will look more of a closet rather than a proper lab and when she enters she'll be like " :wtf: is this where I'm going to work in?? :wtf:"

So, I don't think they spent that much for creating some closets LOL. Though, it is crazy the created the whole 1997 stuff. I mean look they're gonna spend a lot in make-ups and clothes, unless they want the actors bringin their make-ups and their own '90s clothes :wtf:

All I hope is that it's going to be very dark as if they weren't able to pay the light bills LOL. At least that's how the lab originally was.

Guys, guys, guys! I was on twitter awhile ago and the adam rodriguez's yaho group posted that Khandi Alexander and Rory Cochrane are heading to California for the premiere!

Yeah!:eek:

^ Yeah, I just saw that. The exact quote if anyone's interested is "Khandi Alexander & Rory Cochrane set to return for the premiere episode of CSI:Miami".

Does anyone know if this is fact? Or perhaps an assumption based on the spoilers? We do know Khandi's confirmed but I'm still a bit weary about Rory. :lol:

^ Yeah, I just saw that. The exact quote if anyone's interested is "Khandi Alexander & Rory Cochrane set to return for the premiere episode of CSI:Miami".

Does anyone know if this is fact? Or perhaps an assumption based on the spoilers? We do know Khandi's confirmed but I'm still a bit weary about Rory. :lol:
Well I don't know whether it's for sure or not, all I know is that it would be pretty stupid to include both Speedle and Alexx in an episode like this without thier actors palying their role.

I mean if the actors are going to play their characters, then go ahead with this brilliant idea 'cause I'd really enjoy to see these two back together.
If the actors are not coming back (as I thought it was), well drop this idea off immediatly.

The fact they included both of them and they gave both of them a huge amount of screentime, to me, means they're sooooo going to use both Rory and Khandi, even if some of the articles about them have been quite misleading.
Hope I'm right since I wouldn't enjoy a flashback episode without the usual actors.

I mean I want David playing the detective who wants to become a CSI.
I want Emily in uniform when Calleigh entered the department for the first time.
I want Rory with his shirts playing the usual Speed.
I want a chubby Jonathan while getting lost because he was busy getting some junk food ( :adore: )
I want Adam to be the one who gives H his beloved sunnies.
I want Eva playing the famous FBI girl Speed knows :devil:
I want Khandi as the ME who couldn't sleep because of her little baby who was teething.

I don't want anyone else to play this episode :p

I'm really skeptical about how they're going to piece Natalia in. It just seems to out there. But I suppose it could work.

Excited to see the chubby teenage Ryan. Him interacting with Speed is kind of like something out of a lot of fanfics I see running around :thumbsup:

I like the idea of him being chubby because it adds a bit more diversity and realism the show. Not every has the perfect bod. I'm guessing Ryan slimmed down before/during training.

Well he seems to now:devil::devil:. And I guess there is nothing like the police academy to slim one down and tune one up:):lol:.

It's really kind of realistic to have been a chubby teen and then slim down later for health and career choices.I'm really interested to see how all of them,looked supposedly 12 years ago.

I am actually curious and interested myself to see how they will handle this since several of the characters would have changed radically in 12 years. And I agree with everyone here; it makes no sense to have Alexx and Speedle in the episode and not bring back KA and RC. They wouldn't be that different that you would need different actors.

I am so hoping they combine the present and the past; it would show how things have changed but also could show how things can stay the same, in some regards, as well. And EVERYONE could get screen time:thumbsup:

I am so hoping they combine the present and the past; it would show how things have changed but also could show how things can stay the same, in some regards, as well. And EVERYONE could get screen time:thumbsup:
I think that this idea, actually, was very brilliant so that everyone has the proper screentime. Plus, we're going to have more than one scene with more than 2 CSIs together.....which is a miracle considering what has been done on this show lately :lol:
From this POV, this episode looks like a very good step of improvement! I'm really happy for it.

As for Ryan, well I've never thought of Jonathan/Ryan as very fit guy. I men Jonathan is a very good looking guy (actually hot :drool:) , but I've never pictured with all the muscles Adam has. Though, I've never pictured Ryan as chubby teenager either LOL.
I think it's a pretty interesting twist. Remember his first episode? He was very very tiny. Maybe it was a result of the physical training of the Police Academy. Guess Speedle lost his bet :lol:

MiamiWolfe I agree, I'm really curious how they're gonna handle everyone's look. All of them changed a lot throughout these years.

While Jonathan was very young guy in his first episode, right now he's a very mature man. I too wonder how they're going to make him look chubby. Maybe they're gonna make him eat lots of junk food :lol:

Same thing for David, ok he's almost the same from a physical POV (though you can sense some difference also from this POV), but he radically changed from his first episode.

Don't even get me started on Emily who, IMHO, is the most difficult to handle both b/c of her look and her attitudes. I really can't picture her all shy when she first enters the department.

Also Rory is a little bit difficult. I mean Speed was very very young at the time :eek:

Adam with hair, I think I'm gonna have a heart attack (I missed it!!!).

As for Eva, I'm just worried for her hair style in 1997 :lol:

The only one I'm not worried about is Khandi. YAY she's alsomst always been the same, it's just a matter of hair style to me :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back