Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
[removed pasted casting sides]
See I don't get this. Why did they have them meet in Season 3 like they had no idea who either was. Wouldn't he have reintroduced himself when he joined the team??

And I can't picture Ryan ever being chubby, really??

Sorry if anyone else mentioned this, but I just read this updated casting call and had to comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the fact they added a scene between Calleigh and Ryan, (though, quite frankly, I don't understand it as I find it pretty inconsistent with their friendship :rolleyes:
I don't really think this is that odd. We don't know what the scene is or the dialouge that's involved (or does someone know?) - it only says (in the casting call) that he looks at Calleigh, his future co-worker. Isn't it possible that he just sees her while he's walks through the station, not actually meeting her? I'm sure it's pretty easy for a 17 year old kid to forget a face 12 years later, especially when we have to imagine that he's there at the station, meeting & seeing all kinds of officers & different faces.
Well even if they didn't talk, it's quite odd to me. I mean he sees her, it is quite clear that he sees her and I highly doubt he forgot her throughout the years. I mean it sounds so strange he didn't recognize her during her course, firstly, and during their first actual meeting.

[removed pasted casting sides]
See I don't get this. Why did they have them meet in Season 3 like they had no idea who either was. Wouldn't he have reintroduced himself when he joined the team??
Exactly, they didn't know eachothers when they first met (Calleigh's course aside). He should have said something like "oh I already saw you" or something else to that effect. Even if he didn't say anything he should have had that typical face you have when you're sure you already met that person, but you really can't figure how/when/why/where at the moment :lol:.

It's not like Ryan is one of those guys who sees a girl like Calleigh and completely forgets about her throughout the years :p

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible that the Ryan/Cal thing is just another possible scene in case Rory can't or won't do the ep (but I don't think it was there before). Maybe I'm a little gun shy because I feel like Jon/Ryan's been left out before and I'm afraid he might be again. Could I be freaking out about nothing? Sure, that's quite possible (and it wouldn't be the first time :lol: ), but honestly, with the writers track record (especially where both Ryan/Jon and Natalia/Eva are concerned), can you really blame anyone for worrying? :lol: I'm probably not gonna be able to help worrying until some spoiler comes along that quells my fears. :lol:

I certainly don't blame you for being concerned. I am too. And I think our concerns are valid based on what we've be shown in the past from the writers. I'm very concerned about where Natalia and Ryan are going to fit in this episode (hell, in this season!). With what I've read, Rory/Speed is the most important element to pulling this all together. If he's not there none of this is going to work.

It also appears that we'll be asked to forget a great deal about what we've been told and shown about these characters in the past if this episode it to be accepted.

After what they did to Eric and Calleigh (IMO Calleigh has been virtually destoyed and Eric ain't far behind) to get them into their contrived little romance, I'm concerned they are going to do some more character destruction to again accomplish a short term goal.

I'm also worried that this episode could make or break the show. :lol: It's a very risky type of storyline for this kind of show. It'd work fine on any science fiction show, but this is a procedural drama. I'm not 100% sure that it's going to work. I can't help feeling nervous. :lol:

I'm with you, sweetie!

I still think the overall episode idea is strange and risky. At this point, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the next episode was animated. :lol: Actually, that would be kind of amusing. Hehe.

Animated? :lol: Now that could be fun!

I think this is risky, too. Maybe I'm not giving TPTB enough credit, but my fandom has been seriously messed with over the last couple of years and any trust I had in the people in charge of this show is pretty much gone! :(

Last edited:
Well I'm not blaming anyone of you for this concern. You have absolutely evert right to be so, knowing TPTB ;). I'm concerned too

But you know, I'm just praying they didn't so something so stupd creating this storyline withouth Rory's agreement. I mean, there's a huge amount of scenes for the guy and it looks like this episode was created for him and Khandi.
I'm praying that they're being intelligient enough to have considered this possibility. I mean it would be quite stupid, if not completely idiot from them, to create a storyline like this knowing that the actors they need are soooo not going to be in the episode.

I know that I shouldn't be that confident, but this is just a matter of common sense. It's not that difficult (I mean even my dog knows it :lol:) to know that when you're not sure whether the actors you need for this storyline are going to be there, you must not even think about this storyline. As I said it's just a matter of wisdom....I'm just being confident that TPTB are at least adult with a common sense. You don't have to ask too much for this kind of things, IMHO.

It also appears that we'll be asked for forget a great deal about what we've been told and shown about these characters in the past if this episode it to be accepted.

Yes, like changes in characters ages. At least they seem to have been consistent with Ryan's. :lol: But, they changed Alexx's kids ages. With the age the boy was supposed to be in Alexx's last ep, he wouldn't have been a baby who was teething 12 years earlier and I thought he was supposed to be younger than the girl... and even still he was no younger than 16 which now he'd be 18 and the girl would be 16 if she was only two years younger. Judging by the way those kids looked when they were younger when Alexx was reading a story to them or something they didn't look more than two years apart from what I remember. So even if the girl is the youngest and is two years than the boy, she'd be 16 about now (if he was 16 in Alexx's last ep) 16-12= 4. So, it sounds like they might have changed their ages because the spoilers have Horatio asking Alexx how the baby is doing and she says something about the baby teething. I know the kids are minor characters and all, but the age change thing really irritates me. :lol:

I'm so obsessed with this that a thought about this woke up me this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep. :rolleyes: :lol:

Okay, someone please correct me if I am wrong on this, but... I believe that Marisol's gravestone said her birth year was between 1976 and 1978. She's supposed to be older than Eric cause she called him "little brother" one time. I figured Eric was a couple of years younger. If her year was 78 then that would put Eric at roughly the same age as Ryan who was born in 1981 (which we know from the ep where he worked at the gun range and his pic and info came up because his prints were on a gun that a suspect used in a crime). And even if Marisol's date was 76, then Eric would have been born in roughly 1978 or possibly 79 (he might be as much as two years older than Ryan) in which case he would not have been old enough 12 years ago to have been able to join the CSI team. If they are trying to make us believe that Eric is the same age as Calleigh, sorry not buying it because that would mean that Marisol was older than Calleigh and there's no way. Ugh! I hate it when writers play with and change characters dob's and especially when its for a storyline such as this one.

Last edited:
Well even if they didn't talk, it's quite odd to me. I mean he sees her, it is quite clear that he sees her and I highly doubt he forgot her throughout the years. I mean it sounds so strange he didn't recognize her during her course, firstly, and during their first actual meeting.
I do understand, I think this is actually one of those first situations where it's unrealistic for a tvshow, but not for real life. It's hard for us to imagine that these characters would've met each other & forgot each other cause we see them every week, & we saw how Ryan came in in S3 (2004?), but in real life, forgetting names & faces happens all the time. Maybe I'm forgetting a few details in 'Under the Influence', but my memory (which is not always good, lol) is recalling H calling Ryan to work Duke's case when Calleigh snaps "the newbie??" I don't remember any "I'm Ryan", or "I'm Calleigh Duquesne". I'm sure there's a Carwasher out there who can tell me the exact dialogue with them in that scene -- it'd be much more helpful to me. Still, I don't see it as that odd....unless like I said, if I'm missing something significant here, then I'll gladly stand with you & scream WTF @ tptb.

At this point, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the next episode was animated. :lol: Actually, that would be kind of amusing. Hehe
Oh honey you really shouldn't give them any ideas. :lol:

I think this is risky, too. Maybe I'm not giving TPTB enough credit, but my fandom has been seriously messed with over the last couple of years and any trust I had in the people in charge of this show is pretty much gone! :(
Yep, sadly, I'm with you here, but, I'm trying very hard to stay optimistic & hope that they'll eventually make some sense out of what they're playing out in this episode (with the flashbacks). The premiere's usually set the stage & kick off the new season, so I truly hope this isn't some bad move they've made just to get Rory back on the screen & draw in viewers. I adore Rory but please don't screw with this show & the characters just to bring back a dead man for one episode.

After what they did to Eric and Calleigh (IMO Calleigh has been virtually destoyed and Eric ain't far behind) to get them into their contrived little romance, I'm concerned they are going to do some more character destruction to again accomplish a short term goal.
Exactly. As much as I keep hoping & praying that this will be a good season for Natalia & Ryan, I'm scared to death to see what tptb will actually do to them! Ryan could wind up trading his gambling issues in for an eating disorder, & who the hell knows with Natalia -- she'll wind up a past stripper or something. Maybe that's how Speed met her. :lol:
Ok, I need to stop cause I'm losing more faith in tptb now. :shifty:

Edit: GNRfan, yes you are correct- Marisol was born in 1978 as you can see here :
http://random-scribblings.net/coppermine/displayimage.php?pos=-3679

Which would safely put Eric born in 1980 which is very inconsistant! However, I do think they already messed with that with his Biodad storyline, because now it puts him as the oldest of the 4 kids, given that his Mami would have given birth to him in Cuba before coming to Florida.
I suppose we just have to chalk off Marisol's "little brother" comment as a joke from his little sister.

Last edited:
Exactly. As much as I keep hoping & praying that this will be a good season for Natalia & Ryan, I'm scared to death to see what tptb will actually do to them! Ryan could wind up trading his gambling issues in for an eating disorder,

Now you're giving them ideas. :lol:

& who the hell knows with Natalia -- she'll wind up a past stripper or something. Maybe that's how Speed met her. :lol:

Well, I hope they wouldn't do that because that would be copycat since on Vegas, Cath was an exotic dancer. :lol: Hey, maybe they can say that Cath and Nat met that way but then Nat had to leave Vegas because of her absuive hubby. :lol: I mean, that's just as far fetched as Nat knowing Speed and never having said anything about it to his best friend whom she was dating. :lol:

Edit: GNRfan, yes you are correct- Marisol was born in 1978 as you can see here :
http://random-scribblings.net/coppermine/displayimage.php?pos=-3679

Which would safely put Eric born in 1980 which is very inconsistant! However, I do think they already messed with that with his Biodad storyline, because now it puts him as the oldest of the 4 kids, given that his Mami would have given birth to him in Cuba before coming to Florida.
I suppose we just have to chalk off Marisol's "little brother" comment as a joke from his little sister.

:lol: I just PMed you about that. My browser didn't refresh in time. Even if Eric's only a year younger than his sister, he still would have only been 3 years older than Ryan which wouldn't have made him old enough in 1997. And even if Eric and Marisol were twins, that would mean that Eric is only 31 now and 12 years ago he would not have been old enough in 1997 to join the CSI team. Which means this idea is sounding worse and worse by the minute!

Wait... what year did his mom supposedly come to America? Why does that mean Eric's older? His mom could have very easily had an affair on her hubby, couldn't she? Marisol didn't say she'd been born in the US did she? I'm so confused. :lol:

Okay, let's say Eric was born in 1974. That would make him 35 now, right? He would have been 23 twelve years ago, right? College is a standard of 4 years long, right? If he started college (to take the necessary classes that would allow him to even be considered as a CSI) at 18 that would place him at 22 when he graduated college. And I'm not sure he wouldn't need more than four years to be in that kind of job. I really highly doubt Eric is 35. I just don't believe that at all. So, if he's younger than that, he probably wouldn't have been old enough 12 years ago. If he's 33 now, 12 years ago he would have been 21 which wouldn't give him enough time to have finished school (college) the amount one would need to be considered to be a CSI. I mean, don't you need to have taken all kinds of different science classes and such?

Last edited:
^^^^Me too. :lol: I don't think she went back to Cuba to have the affair though. It sounded like she was maybe younger, & maybe even before she met his other Dad. If she got prenant in Cuba with Eric by Alexxander, had Eric there but was whisped off to America by Eric's other Daddy, then later had the 3 girls then that would make more sense & it'd put Eric as the oldest. Marisol may not have even been the baby either, we don't know how old the other girls are, they could've been younger than Marisol so then Eric wouldn't be too terribly old. My guess is that he's around the age Adam is in real life which is 34 or 35. I know he was born in '74 (so was I :p).

STOP EDITING Gnrfan!! :lol:

Ok, even if Eric was born in '74, it'd put him at age 35, & at age 23 12 years ago - if he graduated at age 17 (which some do) then that's 5 years out of highschool where he could've completed what he needed to to get to be a CSI.

I wonder how old Nat is supposed to be!!?? :eek: I wouldn't think it'd be too easy to get a job with the FBI at such a young age, but maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
^ Didn't Eric say in an early episode that he was the youngest? I remember being surprised when Marisol's headstone was shown because I thought Eric was younger.

For some strange reason I thought Eric had been a cop before being a CSI, but maybe that was Speed I was thinking of. Anyone know how long one has to go to the Police Academy for before graduating?

For some strange reason I thought Eric had been a cop before being a CSI, but maybe that was Speed I was thinking of. Anyone know how long one has to go to the Police Academy for before graduating?
I thought so too.He did underwater recovery even before joining the team.

^ Didn't Eric say in an early episode that he was the youngest? I remember being surprised when Marisol's headstone was shown because I thought Eric was younger.

I heard something like that in that episode with the sniper. I think Eric also alluded to being in his mother's womb as she was making the journey to the US

Wow, so much activity and I thought this board was sleeping thru summer...ok, about Eddie C joining the team, I see alot of good-hopefully with a Cuban sounding name? We need some more detectives or cops-especially from the Hollywood Division since it's so close to Miami and he would have had some knowledge of how things go in Miami since it's just down the map...About episode 1 showing some flashbacks, I can't wait to see how they cast a younger H, Delko and Calleigh..If it's from Eric's point of view that he's remembering while in a coma, then he might only flashback to certain important people to him...H's brother Ray might not qualify...I"m more interested in them showing how CSI labs would have been viewed as too new and not reliable as old fashioned detective work and Horatio seeing the future of technology and DNA evidence-therefore the need to create a new, modern lab shown in today's episodes...kinda of like how did we get here man? show the math, I guess..

I don't really think this is that odd. We don't know what the scene is or the dialouge that's involved (or does someone know?) - it only says (in the casting call) that he looks at Calleigh, his future co-worker. Isn't it possible that he just sees her while he's walks through the station, not actually meeting her? I'm sure it's pretty easy for a 17 year old kid to forget a face 12 years later, especially when we have to imagine that he's there at the station, meeting & seeing all kinds of officers & different faces.

It's not like Ryan is one of those guys who sees a girl like Calleigh and completely forgets about her throughout the years :p

Boy, I am going to have to watch Under the Influence again with this NOT being Ryan and Calleigh's first meeting in the back of my mind.

Of what I remember about the episode, it is conceivable they could have met before. I agree that Ryan is the type of guy who wouldn't forget a worman like Calleigh but it is conceivable Calleigh wouldn't necessarily remember him (as stated before Ryan would have changed quite a bit between then and now). The one thing I do remember is Ryan, soon after he joined the team, commenting to Calleigh on taking a seminar from her in the past, but that is the only reference I know of a previous encounter.

I certainly don't blame you for being concerned. I am too. And I think our concerns are valid based on what we've be shown in the past from the writers. I'm very concerned about where Natalia and Ryan are going to fit in this episode (hell, in this season!). With what I've read, Rory/Speed is the most important element to pulling this all together. If he's not there none of this is going to work.

It also appears that we'll be asked to forget a great deal about what we've been told and shown about these characters in the past if this episode it to be accepted.

You can add me to the concerned list. The writers' reputations preceed them and Ryan, Natalia and Frank have been the short end of the stick; either bad story arcs created for the sole purpose of making them look bad (Ryan), or no story arcs at all (Natalia and Frank). And with this episode, they are asking us to forget previous facts and infer other things (but of course with Ryan, since we know nothing about him, anything is possible, I suppose). When I first heard about this episode, I was actually momentarily happy because FINALLY we would get a glimpse into Ryan's past, and it could be great, but I am afraid a glimpse is all we will get. I am sure I am not alone when I want more positive Ryan (well, Natalia and Frank as well)-centered episodes, but I have a bad feeling.

I really had no opinion on E/C romance at the beginning but now I am not a fan. I liked their friendship better (men and women can work together without romance developing) and I am afraid so much attention will continue to be devoted to this that other characters' screen time and development will be sacrificed for this to continue.

:lol: My speculation meter has run out, anyone got a quarter?

Wasabi, I think I am about all out of quarters myself.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back