Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
mjszud said:
Hmmm, well with this casting news it does sound like they've been switching around the script a bit. Which might mean Rory turned this down. :(

That's what I'm thinking too. :( Which blows because then they may as well not do the episode. :rolleyes: Just my 0.02. :/

*sigh* Here's to hoping they just added Ryan into more of the episode by having him see Calleigh (which, like everyone said could make a lot of sense) but it's looking pretty unlikely right now that Speed's in the episode...

I also hope we get some kind of confirmation either way soon from TPTB/actors.

Haha what if they had Zac Effron play him? It's like he's 17 AGAIN!! :lol: Haha, but seriously...

i could see that. But I was watching an ep of Reba yesterday and there was this kid on there who I thought could easily play young Ryan. He played Kira's boyfriend and he had a hot dad that Reba liked, but both men cried at the drop of a hat. :lol:

Totally agree with you, Geni. If Rory's not on board they should not do this type of episode at all. I think the whole point of the ep was to have Speed in it. It doesn't make sense to go back to a 1997 case and Tim not be there. I could care less if Megan returned. While I like the actress, I never cared much for the Megan character. :lol:

Although, without Speed, they should have Natalia interact with Megan and just have someone other than Kim play her. :lol: They could have Ryan interacting with Megan too since it won't be Speed most likely.

mjszud said:
Hmmm, well with this casting news it does sound like they've been switching around the script a bit. Which might mean Rory turned this down. :(

That's what I'm thinking too. :( Which blows because then they may as well not do the episode. :rolleyes: Just my 0.02. :/

*sigh* Here's to hoping they just added Ryan into more of the episode by having him see Calleigh (which, like everyone said could make a lot of sense) but it's looking pretty unlikely right now that Speed's in the episode...

I also hope we get some kind of confirmation either way soon from TPTB/actors.
As I stated before if Rory turned down the offer, which seems entirely possible considering his interview and Ann Donhaue (though I'll never believe this woman as she has said too many stupid things about the show :rolleyes:), the must cancel this episode. No matter what, you just can't create an episode like this without Rory or Khandi. As soon as one of the two turns the offer down....they must stop it!!! They can't go on with this idea.

It is cool, but it's impossible without either Rory or Khandi. This was written for them so it is quite stupid not have neither of them or just one of the two.

Plus, I really, and I mean really, hate the idea of Ryan as the one Calleigh (not from a shipping POV as I can ship Calleigh with anyone except the usual now, at the moment :lol:). It was Speedle....it must be Speedle, otherwise all we've learnt wiould be incosistent. No way Ryan saw her 12 years ago and completely forgot her during her course, firstly, and when he knew her in 3x03!!!
I don't know whether they're doing all of this because, probably, Rory turned down the offer or not. All I know is that this change (I mean Ryan's one) doesn't mean that Speedle won't be in the episode. It was just because Jonathan couldn't play that chubby Ryan, at all. This is the reason, obviously. Then, they may have added this carwash scene just to give something to their fans: It looks we're having some Talleigh in this episode, OFC we'll have E/C and probably they wanted to give us CaRWash too you know just to make everyone happy LOL

GregNickRyanFan I know what you mean when you say that it is not difficult to transform a 30 years old boy into a 17 years old one, but I do think that Jonathan would have been quite impossible.
He's not just too old (sorry Jonathan, but you're not a teenager anymore :lol:), but, seriously, think about the possibility of having a chubby Jonathan with a Nirvana t-shirt while eating a stupid snack and possibly staining his t-shirt with that snack and a horrific skin (as teenage boys weren't that cocky as they use to be now)....kinda disgusting uh :alienblush:. No, sorry, I don't want to picture Jonathan like this :lol:.

This is the reason, obviously. Then, they may have added this carwash scene just to give something to their fans: It looks we're having some Talleigh in this episode, OFC we'll have E/C and probably they wanted to give us CaRWash too you know just to make everyone happy LOL

I don't think that would make everyone happy as I don't ship any of the above mentioned ships. :lol:

FallenForFlack:
So Jon won't be playing Ryan which means Rory might not be playing Speed after all. :(

GregNickRyanFan:
He was supposed to talk to Speedle, now he's gonna be looking at Calleigh? I guess that means Rory didn't want to be in the episode or couldn't be. Well, at least there's been indication that Ryan had seen Calleigh before. He said in one ep that he took her class when she was a guest lecturer or something.

:wtf: Why, just because Jonathan isn't going to play Ryan (which to me was OBVIOUS anyway) does it mean Rory might not come back? I don't understand what everyone is freaking out about. Just because Ryan talks to Calleigh in the episode too doesn't mean they took out him talking to Speed too.

I think it was completely obvious that Jonathan wasn't gonna play his teenaged self. They may have done it on Friends, but this isn't Friends, and it probably depends how the actor looks already. The actress who plays Monica (it was her right?) is for one, female and probably pretty small already (even if they used a fat suit), it'd just be easier to make her look bigger, than it would be to make a guy who's pretty tall look younger and smaller. Maybe if Jonathan still looked the way he did in season 3, they could pull it off. But come on, he's changed A LOT since then. Some people probably don't even know it's the same guy. I reaaaally doubt they would have been able to make Jon look 17, even with the best makeup and crap out there. He's 31, and yea he's a reaaally good looking guy, but he does look his age. He could pass for maybe 25, but I wouldn't say any lower than that. That's a lot of backwards aging going on.

Anyways, I'm going to continue hoping that Rory is coming back. There's been absolutely no confirmation that he's not. There's been one little casting call for a 17 year old Ryan, and a sentence that says he's going to meet Calleigh. AND why would they even write this episode before they knew for sure if he was going to come back or not? That would be incredibly stupid of the writers. Especially with how much they've put Speed in the episode from what I read of the sides. He's in there a lot. I just don't see how they could risk writing him in that much unless they were going to use someone else to play Speed, which to me just seems unlikely.

I think there is some confusion as far as Ryan's place of birth, as some believe Miami are ignoring facts that Ryan's from Boston. TPTB never inplied in an episode that he was from boston, only that he went to school there. So, in all intensive purposes, Miami is keeping with facts and Ryan could very well be a Miami native. We don't know and assuming they just forgot is a little unfair.
I agree, cause it's possible that Ryan was just born in Boston & spent his chilhood there but wound up in Miami when he was a teenager -- or it could be vice versa where he was born in Miami, later left for Boston, & then came back -- people move around all the time, so it isn't unrealistic to consider. I don't think tptb will go too far as in actually explaining that, but there are still ways around it, & it seems like this is what tptb like for us to do anyway -- take a smidge of info & come up with a conclusion ourselves.

I would have sworn that they said he was from Boston. I'll have to watch that episode again. I It would make sense for him to end up a patrol officer in Miami; returning home after college.

Hey was just in SpoilerTV.com and put in CSI:Miami and they want a 17 Year old Ryan Wolfe cuz they say right there that "17 year old Ryan is going to be taking a tour around the Miami Dade Police Department. 17 year old Ryan is going to be looking at Calleigh his future co-worker."

If he is going to be 17, he is obviously still in high school.

All sounds reasonable,but at what point did he go to college? Did he become a cop and then go back to school perhaps(in Boston)?He was at some point working on his masters degree.

That was my question. My guess is he probably grew up in Miami, left for school, for some reason stopped work on his masters (ran out of money?) and returned to Miami to become a cop and earn money. I could happen:)

Totally agree with you, Geni. If Rory's not on board they should not do this type of episode at all. I think the whole point of the ep was to have Speed in it. It doesn't make sense to go back to a 1997 case and Tim not be there. I could care less if Megan returned. While I like the actress, I never cared much for the Megan character. :lol:

They can't do this type of episode without Speed. No Speed no flashback eppie.

I don't disagree with them casting a different person to play young Ryan. We've seen Ryan change drastically since season 3 and for him to try and go back, we'd know the difference I'm sure. I'm still excited to see young Ryan, it's the only thing making me watch this episode after all...

Me too. Other than seeing Speed and Alexx, the rest doesn't interest me.

Plus, I'm not excited about seeing a young Ryan unless current day Ryan is there as well

I don't see how you can show the beginning without showing how things turned out.

Yeah, if we don't see present day Ryan or Nat that'd be stupid. This is the season PREMIER after all.

Everyone wants to see their favorite character after waiting a whole summer.

I reaaaally doubt they would have been able to make Jon look 17, even with the best makeup and crap out there. He's 31, and yea he's a reaaally good looking guy, but he does look his age. He could pass for maybe 25, but I wouldn't say any lower than that. That's a lot of backwards aging going on.

Guys fill out so much in that 12 year span of time (my best friend changed so much betwee 21 and early 30's) that I can see them just letting a younger actor fill the roll.

:wtf: Why, just because Jonathan isn't going to play Ryan (which to me was OBVIOUS anyway) does it mean Rory might not come back? I don't understand what everyone is freaking out about. Just because Ryan talks to Calleigh in the episode too doesn't mean they took out him talking to Speed too.
Thank you. I really don't understand why everyone is panicking, now. I mean we don't know for sure whether Rory is going to play Speedle or not, but this doesn't mean that changing Ryan/Jonathan's plan has anything to do with Rory. Jonathan, as far as I know, has nothting to do with Rory. Only thing he had to do were two very short dialogues. The fact another actor is going to do it instead of Jonathan doesn't mean anything.

Plus, let's not forget they had to cast another actor instead of Jonathan just because he couldn't play a chubby 17 years old guy getting lost in the middle of the department!! They just couldn't do it. It doesn't mean that Rory is not gonna play in the episode because his new friend is not there LOL.

Also the fact they added a scene between Calleigh and Ryan, (though, quite frankly, I don't understand it as I find it pretty inconsistent with their friendship :rolleyes:) doesn't mean they've cancelled the one between Rory and Emily or even better the one between Rory and Jonathan Jr. (let's call the guy like this :lol:).
They just added a scene. Unless I see a different side/script, I do think I'm gonna see Rory almost tripping in his scene with Emily and Rory interacting with with Jonathan jr. In addition we'll have another scene between Emily and Jonathan jr. :lol:. That's all, not a big deal....for now.

While it was possible for a show like F.R.I.E.N.D.S. to do such a thing with its own actors as it is a comedy (it has to be hilarious sometimes), they better not mess up like this on CSI:Franchise. I for once am glad Jonathan is not going to play, though it would probably mean that Jonathan won't play any scene in this episode as I can't see how they're gonna give him some space even in the nowdays part of the episode....but that's another story :rolleyes:

AND why would they even write this episode before they knew for sure if he was going to come back or not? That would be incredibly stupid of the writers. Especially with how much they've put Speed in the episode from what I read of the sides. He's in there a lot. I just don't see how they could risk writing him in that much unless they were going to use someone else to play Speed, which to me just seems unlikely.
That's why I'm sure Rory is coming back, for now. I mean it would be really....really stupid from TPTB to write an episode like this without Rory taking part into it :rolleyes::klingon::scream:. It is just STUPID!!!! No other definition possible for this possible behaviour. That's why I tend to be sure Rory is gonna be back :p

Last edited:
All I know is that this change (I mean Ryan's one) doesn't mean that Speedle won't be in the episode. It was just because Jonathan couldn't play that chubby Ryan, at all.
After thinking about this for a while, I do agree with you. We don't see absolutely everything in the spoilers, so it is possible that the scene with Ryan & Calleigh was already in the script, along with his interaction with Speed. If we're stuck with this episode, then I'd much rather have Rory/Speed return for it. If not then I hope, pray, cross my fingers & toes that they have a back-up script already written & ready for shooting - otherwise we're in for one jacked up premiere!

edit:
Also the fact they added a scene between Calleigh and Ryan, (though, quite frankly, I don't understand it as I find it pretty inconsistent with their friendship :rolleyes:
I don't really think this is that odd. We don't know what the scene is or the dialouge that's involved (or does someone know?) - it only says (in the casting call) that he looks at Calleigh, his future co-worker. Isn't it possible that he just sees her while he's walks through the station, not actually meeting her? I'm sure it's pretty easy for a 17 year old kid to forget a face 12 years later, especially when we have to imagine that he's there at the station, meeting & seeing all kinds of officers & different faces.

Last edited:
As much as I'd like to see old faces, I'm still not warming over this whole everybody on the team have met each other at some point in their lives idea (Though originally I was warm to it under the concept that we were inside Delko's warped memories). Of course some ideas and plot points do sound weird on paper so its possible this might turn out to be a lot better than it sounds..

Just as long as they don't do something ridiculous like J Michael Straczynski did while writing the Spider-Man comic.

luf100 said:
I don't understand what everyone is freaking out about. Just because Ryan talks to Calleigh in the episode too doesn't mean they took out him talking to Speed too.

I do see your point and yeah it doesn't mean for sure he won't be in the episode but given the similarity between both scenes (Ryan seeing Calleigh and Speed seeing Calleigh), some of us wondered immediately if they had switched characters (meaning he wouldn't be there so where else is he not? :p) rather than simply including two similar scenes.

I don't know, I'm not exactly panicking but I'm also sort of expecting the worst. :lol:

It's possible that the Ryan/Cal thing is just another possible scene in case Rory can't or won't do the ep (but I don't think it was there before). Maybe I'm a little gun shy because I feel like Jon/Ryan's been left out before and I'm afraid he might be again. Could I be freaking out about nothing? Sure, that's quite possible (and it wouldn't be the first time :lol: ), but honestly, with the writers track record (especially where both Ryan/Jon and Natalia/Eva are concerned), can you really blame anyone for worrying? :lol: I'm probably not gonna be able to help worrying until some spoiler comes along that quells my fears. :lol:

I'm also worried that this episode could make or break the show. :lol: It's a very risky type of storyline for this kind of show. It'd work fine on any science fiction show, but this is a procedural drama. I'm not 100% sure that it's going to work. I can't help feeling nervous. :lol:

About the Friends thing, I was referring to them making CCA look 16, not making her look fat. Making someone look fat is much easier than making them look younger. I do think Jon could pull it off with a wig and certain types of clothing (I think My Name As Earl did that with Betty White. She's really like 80 something. They put a long black wig on her and she looked closer to 60 and frumpy clothing to make her look overweight somewhat and I didn't even know it was her until she spoke :lol: And if they can do that than anything is possible as far as I'm concerned lol).

Oh and also, in The Santa Claus, okay see Tim Allen to me doesn't look like someone that has ever in his life been overweight, but they put padding on him in that movie and it looked pretty realistic. And I'm not talking about the parts where he had the Santa beard and whatnot. I'm talking about right before that when he still looked like himself, only with a bigger stomach. And on an episode of Reba, the son-in-law, Van (who is very tall like 6'4 I believe and very skinny), all he did was push out his stomach and it looked pretty convincing. If I'd never seen the show before and just came in on that scene, I would have thought he was overweight. :lol: So, given those examples, I think there is still a possibility that its possible it can be done with Jon. :)

As for being shorter, it's all about the angle they shoot the scene in and tricks of the camera. I've personally seen it accomplished with only a home camcorder, so I know a show with twenty times the equipment could probably handle it. :)

That's just my opinion though. :)

I still think the overall episode idea is strange and risky. At this point, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the next episode was animated. :lol: Actually, that would be kind of amusing. Hehe.

Last edited:
Does anyone know that when "chubby Ryan" comes it's just a flashback and not going to be regular. I don't even want a "chubby Ryan" flashback! **cries**:(

Does anyone know that when "chubby Ryan" comes it's just a flashback and not going to be regular. I don't even want a "chubby Ryan" flashback! **cries**:(

It's just for this one episode unless Miami is gonna pull a reversal of the Desperate Housewives storyline (where the show went 5 years in the future in the new season and now that's where the show is set). :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back