Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delkolover- Thanks for the information!

I have to admit, I'm finding it difficult to stay positive about the plot and everything tptb are doing for the premiere episode. When you think about it, it might seem like a good idea.. but I just don't think it is. It might have been if they had done it a little earlier in the series, like the first time Eric was shot. Like I said in an earlier post, the writers are taking a huge risk. Especially in the way that Ryan and Natalia are being incorporated in the flashback. I don't think it's smart.. but I don't want them to not be in the episode. I hope it's done right. But it already sounds a little.. out there. We'll see.:rolleyes:

I'm thrilled that Speedle will be in the episode, though.:)

I just finished reading the spoiler and I still think some of the flashbacks might be warped memories as a result of Eric's injury which could explain why people like Ryan and Natalia appear in his mind.

I just finished reading the spoiler and I still think some of the flashbacks might be warped memories as a result of Eric's injury which could explain why people like Ryan and Natalia appear in his mind.
As if his already screwed up brain wasn't enough for us...great :rolleyes::p

That makes sense, but why is he seeing Ryan as an overweight teen who eats too much junk food? :lol: The Nirvana part I get. :lol: Maybe the addiction to junk food is supposed to symbolize Ryan's gambling addiction? :lol: Though, if it's in Eric's head only (and not actual occurences) it would explain why Ryan's in Miami as a teen when he's supposed to have grown up in Boston and been in Boston until college age (or at least I believe that's why they've said previously on the show). I really hope it's part of Eric's warped dream mixed with some actual events (like the case). That would make me feel a lot better about the Ryan scene. :lol:

As if his already screwed up brain wasn't enough for us...great :rolleyes::p

You might say his brain is now a portable version of the Twilight Zone :lol:

That makes sense, but why is he seeing Ryan as an overweight teen who eats too much junk food? :lol: The Nirvana part I get. :lol: Maybe the addiction to junk food is supposed to symbolize Ryan's gambling addiction? :lol: Though, if it's in Eric's head only (and not actual occurences) it would explain why Ryan's in Miami as a teen when he's supposed to have grown up in Boston and been in Boston until college age (or at least I believe that's why they've said previously on the show). I really hope it's part of Eric's warped dream mixed with some actual events (like the case). That would make me feel a lot better about the Ryan scene. :lol:

Fat Ryan is probably a combination of Real Ryan and someone else if we go with the warped mind theory.

Wait, the whole flashback is Eric's doing? I thought we just had Eric's flashback and then a seperate flashback, walk down memory lane type thing happening for the other members of the team. Makes me also wonder why Ryan and Nat would be included in his memories...

I think it is brave of TPTB to do such an epi as the season opener.
Now, I normally like flashback epis (unless they are the cheapskate ones that do a clip show of previous scenes) but sometimes they can go seriously wrong and cringeworthy.
It will be interesting to see what they do with though. And if they bring back Speed... although Rory's comment about the show was a bit weird. Is he definitly going to be there?
Chubby Ryan?!

Thanks for the spoilers,delkolover.If Eric wanted a non emotional person ,the answer is always super H.The rest of the world is human afterall.JK.So Why Calleigh? Maybe becouse he loves her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her.Some would choose their parents,brother ,sister ,friend but at the end is a personal choice.

Ryan being chubby sounds cute .I really like what the writers are doing with him.:)

And Alex and Speed in the episode as well? September can't come soon enough for me.:thumbsup:

So Why Calleigh? Maybe becouse he loves her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her.

That's funny seeing as how it's only after he got shot that this came about.:rolleyes: I'm not sure if it's love because it seems to me like he had become dependant on her like a puppy depends on it's owner, but that's just me.:shifty:

at the end is a personal choice.

Well was it really Eric's choice or TPTB's way of continuing the major romace drama of last season?:shifty:

Oh my God. I LOVE the teenaged Ryan. I love the way Speed thinks (in the sides that can't be posted here) that Ryan won't even make it through the physical part. And look at him now. I am gonna love this. :lol:

That is all I have to say. :p

it wasn't just after he got shot, he's always liked her, and vise versa, it's just one of those, "oh god I almost died, I need to change my life, oh look my best friend, who know everything about me, she's perfect!" or somthing...

actully I'm worried now, they better not make anyhting weird happen, like him not being able to work, or have brain damage, or maybe the surgery will remove all of that, and he'll be fine :)

also I like the flash back idea, it sounds cute, we get to see them all younger (fortunetly they havn't changed to much) i hope they use a younger actor for Ryan ;)

becouse I think of 'Friends' when they had flash backs... hope noone has a mullet!

and the sunglasses thing is cute to, it should be fun, and I'll be happy as long as Eric is alright and can still function after it's all over, and that he and Calleigh will be together :)

also i realized thats why Adam has been growing out his hair, so he can look the way he did in the earlyer seasons, should be good.

and did i read in hear that there making Ryan fat or somthing, i'm confused...

it wasn't just after he got shot, he's always liked her, and vise versa, it's just one of those, "oh god I almost died, I need to change my life, oh look my best friend, who know everything about me, she's perfect!" or somthing...

Umm actually watching back the earlier seasons there is not hint of him likeing her or vise versa. The only thing that could be seen from the two is friendship, and not even the kind of friendship that would get to this level. The Eric and Calliegh friendship is one that is, and IMO should have remained ,at a brother/sister level. So yeah the entire thing is a "oh my god I almost died ect" type of thing that IMO has ruined the show and turned it into a soap opera because it was only after he got shot that Eric got hung up on the idea of him and Calliegh. Also Callegh didn't like Eric until after Jake went back to doing undercoverwork that she didn't want him to do. During the entire time she was with Jake it was IMO that no matter what Eric did Calliegh was going to stay with Jake. Then suddenly out of the blue she asks Jake not to go back to undercover work he refuses and then it all "OoooH like Eric now". Give me a break.:rolleyes: Like I said this is just my opinion from watching many many episodes over and over again.:)

Originally Posted by Marija_Magdalena
Oh, I just read something but I don't think we're allowed to post those links, so I'll just say it. I read almost everything Delkolover said, but I also found that Ryan is going to wear Nirvana shirt and that he's gonna be chubby...
:( I can't picture Ryan ever having been chubby. Just can't do it. :lol: But in a way it explains why he went out with Erica Sikes. If he was chubby as a kid, he most likely didn't get many girlfriends, so the minute someone pretty paid him any attention, he was suckered in. :lol:

He is a little awkward around women, so that makes sense. It could also explain a lot of his other behavior as well. But it will be VERY interesting to see.

I agree Florry he's too cute not to love!:adore:

Count me in as well.:adore:

Great just ruin a perfectly good episode with a soap opera!:shifty: This does not give me hope for the rest of the season.:(

Unfortunately, as a Ryan fan, it doesn't give me much confidence either.
Someone needs to remind the writers some of us want to see stories for people other than E/C.

On another note, I'm still sure that the camatose and the pressure on Cal and all the drama and stuff will take away from the main gist of the episode, but I'm not going to let it ruin the Ryan and Nat now that I know they're actually going to be a part of this walk down memory lane. The number 1 reason I'm watching this episode is the hope that the E/C romance will be wrapped up, and the second reason is seeing wittle teenage wyan!!! -pinches his cheeks-

:guffaw::lol: These are my motivations as well.

As you say if it happening in Eric's head, he can mix and match memories and pieces of information to come up with what we see. It would only make sense, in Eric's mind, to have Speed and Ryan meet because he knew/knows both of them (how the teenage Ryan fits in, I am not sure). Following a scene with Ryan today after Eric's Speedle/teenage Ryan encounter in Eric's mind would work and get Jon Togo in involved in the episode as well.

I had a thought occur to me. I know I am probably reaching a little bit because I want her back so badly, but maybe the reason TPTB haven't filled the ME spot is maybe they are trying to coax KA back into the fold even if it is only part time?

From what I read/saw, it didn't seem to be coming from Eric's head, or told from his point of view at all. Just appeared to be like a flashback in general. I am disappointed that there seems to be a shortage of Ryan & Natalia scenes, as usual, but again it's just what I saw & there could be more, but honestly I am not holding my breath. It appears to be a whole lot of Horatio & Calleigh more than anything else.

All I can say about the Natalia scene, & who she knows, is tooo fu**in wierd!!! :eek:

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm actually very excited about the episode. Sure, TPTB have way too many opportunities to make everything one giant mess, but I'm trying to stay positive. I'm very much looking forward to the flashbacks. I love the idea of Calleigh being seen as a "meter maid" or whatever, and then her showing up everyone and solving the case. That's my girl! :lol:

Maybe I have a shipper-clouded mind, but I don't see what's so odd about having Calleigh make Eric's medical decisions. Yeah, I can see why Horatio would be a viable candidate, but so can Calleigh. Even for those who don't believe there was anything "romantic" between E/C prior to Season 5/6/etc., it's obvious that they've always been pretty good friends. Back in season 3, Calleigh told Eric that she trusted him "with every fiber of her being". That's a pretty strong statement, and I don't think it's completely unrealistic to assume that Eric trusts Calleigh just as much. Granted, TPTB made some dumb moves, like in Season 4 when Calleigh thought Marisol was Eric's girlfriend. How is it that you know someone well enough to trust them with your life, yet you have no idea what their sister looks like? I chalk that up to TPTB making dumb dumbs. And I don't see their current relationship as casual dating. I think they're both pretty serious about it, so maybe he assumed that they'd be married eventually and Calleigh, as his wife, would be the one in charge of making medical decisions anyway.

Also, remember how Eric is Catholic/from a Catholic family? Although this obviously does not apply to all Catholics, they are commonly in opposition to ending any sort of life. It's entirely possible that Eric himself did not want to live in a "persistent vegetative state" or hooked up to life support to keep him alive in the event of a serious injury, but he knew that his parents thought differently. Maybe he trusted Calleigh to make the same decisions he would make for himself, since she wasn't swayed by religious influences.

I can't wait to see Speed and Alexx! Every time A&E airs an old episode that has Speedle in it, I always go "Speedle, YOU'RE ALIVEEEE!!!!" I used to make fun of Alexx for her manner of dealing with corpses (i.e., all the "poor baby"s and tender care), but since she left I realized that was just a part of the character, and that she was a huge part of the team that I really miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back