Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really excited for the new season to start. But I am very concerned about where they are going with this continued E/C hype (like you, Flo, I will NEVER buy into this seven year thing). With Eric eventually leaving, there is no where for this "ship" to go. This will only serve to frustrate the non-shippers with the constant references and the shippers when they don't see any progress.

I can understand that. Personally, even as an E/C shipper, I didn't think too much about the scene in the promo when Eric asks for Calleigh's phone number. We all know Eric used to be somewhat of a ladies' man, and many of us would agree that Calleigh is a pretty girl. It makes sense that Eric would flirt with her during their first meeting, regardless of whether or not they ended up in a relationship down the road.

Adam did say that he'd be in-and-out throughout Season 8. Personally, I'd just be happy if by the time he leaves, it's implied that he and Calleigh are a couple, or that it's still a possibility for them to reconcile.

You're right, Flo. Fresh blood. New characters and new storylines to bring this series back to business. And with how often we see Ryan, Natalia and Frank, they'd almost count as "new" characters. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I hope there's a lot more Ryan/Natalia/Frank this season! I can understand how with the first episode, they aren't really a part of the flashbacks, because they weren't there at the time the team was just coming together (But SPEED was! I really wish Rory had agreed to be in the episode). So I'll allow them one last episode for our ignored, established characters to be...well, ignored. After that, though, I expect TPTB to stop with that crap.

Here's to hoping they won't focus all the attention on Jesse: :beer:

I'm really excited for the new season to start. But I am very concerned about where they are going with this continued E/C hype (like you, Flo, I will NEVER buy into this seven year thing). With Eric eventually leaving, there is no where for this "ship" to go. This will only serve to frustrate the non-shippers with the constant references and the shippers when they don't see any progress.

I can understand that. Personally, even as an E/C shipper, I didn't think too much about the scene in the promo when Eric asks for Calleigh's phone number. We all know Eric used to be somewhat of a ladies' man, and many of us would agree that Calleigh is a pretty girl. It makes sense that Eric would flirt with her during their first meeting, regardless of whether or not they ended up in a relationship down the road.

I agree with that. I think most guys probably would have flirted with her too... unless they were really shy or something. :lol:

Hi Delynn and Florry and rest of spoilerforum.

For dislikers and hiphuggers to agree. That is indeed the day:).
(The multiqouting is not working for me so......)

1. But I am very concerned about where they are going with this continued E/C hype.

1. So far so good we agree. We are for different reasons concerned as to the storyline and for different reasons why they keep hyping a storyline they will be ending shortly. As fans of the show we should worry. I went through some ratings sites to see if the storyline "pay off" last season and it did. But they are NOT going there this year, so to keep up pretending even with the Adam interview officially out there:confused::confused:. If you get my drift.
The hiphuggers that don´t post would go: Oh so sweet.:)
And the dislikers who doesn´t post would go::scream: Not again.

So why risking a short term good rating by hyping and perhaps loose in the end. Either the dislikers NOT tuning in or the hiphuggers leaving when they break them up.:confused:. See later note 3 for why the dislikers might leave later on.

2. Not buy into this seven year thing.

2. I respect that is your opinion. As a hiphugger I am glad you acknowledge that the show wants this to be a long term "thing" going way back. Believing it is a - of course - personal point of view.

3. With Eric eventually leaving, there is no where for this "ship" to go. This will only serve to frustrate the non-shippers with the constant references and the shippers when they don't see any progress.

3. I agree and disagree. Just to make sure I went through ratings for mondays in March 2009. CSI Miami took the lead expect the finale of the Bachlorette finale. So the general fanbase was tuning in. Ratings were doing very nice. Ergo the storyline paid off.

Therefor bringing Eric back for maysweeps(spelling sorry) 2010:a reunion - a baby - a wedding there is a high probabillity for succes based on 2009 ratings. Especially if he keeps popping in and out of there as stated in some posts. And if the remaining cast and storylines don´t get good ratings.

BUT BUT BUT:lol: ......You are right as to: This will only serve to frustrate the non-shippers with the constant references and the shippers when they don't see any progress.

4. As for promoting the love story, well, I still don't know how I feel about it...all I can see is TPTB promoting it so that fans will go on yelling out how great this couple is so that Adam can come back to the show. No, please, Adam said he wanted to leave the show and he did for a reason....please, do not make him come back. It would be bad both for him (it would look like as if he's not able to take his own decisions) & the show (it would seem the show desperately needs Adam, if a show is a very good one, it doesn't need that specific actor/actress), at least IMHO.

4. Now we are touching something tricky. Is the show geared for 3 more years? Note how badly they introduced Tara even with a longer term knowing Alexx was leaving.:shifty:. So characterintro has not been a strong feature lately. Is the fan-base ready for 5 more years of the 3 shows or will the constant changing of actors and changing of focus and the inconsistency be to much?

4.Well, actually I wasn't thinking about it as another way to to show them as a couple. I just think it was a way to show how only Calleigh and Eric, along with H are the original team.

4. You might be right on that one. BUT they still choose to show both Calleigh and Eric characters from the telephonescene.
There is some subliminal message in that:guffaw::guffaw: Just kidding.
Still....
They could have showen Eric from one scene and Calleigh from another. Vink - Vink.

5. And this when I get pissed off. I just can't believe they really think the "TEAM" had THAT beginning. 'Cause, as far as I know, the original team was made of H, Calleigh, Tim, Eric and Alexx (and probably Megan, I really don't remember her LOL)....it wasn't just about the "magic trio" :rolleyes:.

5. Well.... you might not be the only one on that one. We are a couple of posters that think Rory not comming should have stop them. BUT NO!

6. You know what? This show needs new actors, new storylines....that's the only way they can refresh it a little bit. They already doing it with Eddie's entrance and I'm glad they did it 'cause I really don't see how it could have survived with Natalia struggling in that lab almost getting totally blind since she barely saw the sunlight during every episode :shifty:. And what about Ryan who sometimes gets on probation and is able to get out of the lab!...which means getting kidnapped or, better say, getting in big troubles which mean screwing up every now and then.

6. You know from my earlier post: That fans of thoose characters are in competion for sceentime even before sesaonpremiere.

Note please I am focusing on the by-storylines here:

Jesse: for characterintro and fans connecting ....at least 3 - 4 storylines this season.
Horatio: as lead guy and father of another character at least 7 or more storylines.
Any MD expect Alexx: 3 storylines as for Jesse.
The first couple of storylines this year: Eric and the goodbye.

As a fan of Calleigh I hoping the goodbye will not leave her out in the cold so 3 storylines for her to.

Which leaves Nat and Ryan and Frank xxxx episodes.

Or do as you say/write:

No way, I'm tired of this. If they can't think about anything new for the two of them, then skip ahead, bring somone refreshing on the show, bring a new character with a very interesting past. They already doing it with Ryan...they brought Eddie's character and it looks good to me. Now it's time to do the same thing with Natalia. Bring a new female character on the show....possibely no damsel in distress ('cause I'm done with this type of woman on the show :rolleyes:)...a woman who knows what she wants and usually gets it! You know the Icy Queen style....like oh yeah Miss Parker from the "Pretender" comes to my mind at the moment LOL. This show needs a character like her (not to mention that I would love to see Andrea Parker on this show ;) )!!!
This can be refreshing both to our eyes/ears and Ryan/Natalia so that they would have new pals and TPTB could bring out something cool about the two of them!

I agree.....

Someone mentioned Eric will have a Doug ending from ER. :confused: That show survived an ending to a hyped lovestory, but will CSI Miami?
I can survive with it LOL. Just kidding. Seriously, this show should have never considered this storyline 'cause it makes it look like E.R. as you mentioned. Too bad that a show like E.R. can afford this aspect (I mean everyone had sex with everyone on that show....with no regrets :lol:). This is not what I'm looking for CSI:Miami.

Florry ....You know I disagree on that one.... Hopefully no bad feelings there.:). But as a fellow Calleigh fan......I fear: a wimpy Cal, a stonecold Cal or a turned to drink Cal.

IMO the shocking affect could/should have be odd hairdoes and funny clothes.
:guffaw: I hear you on this one. Too bad that I still can't stand that 1997 Calleigh LOL. The wig department can´t have been stressed on this one. As Frank is the only one* Bald enough to go there* :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:.

I guess that the most shocking revaltion which will come out from this big flashback is that Eric was already in love with Calleigh, but he had to wait 12 years (bullet included) to reveal his feelings to her :rolleyes:...such a shame!

This however bring us back to: the focus on a storyline that brings fans either to rejoye or womit ........the risk of teasing viewers or expelling viewers ...Why risk it?

Last edited:
I think Eric flirting with Calleigh was perfectly okay. I'm not taking it as Eric was in love with her. He was just being cute. It happens.

However, I seriously hope that after the first few episode of the season, and after Adam leaves, we also leave out the romance. I hope they stop speculation, stop explanation, and stop fallout. Do what you did to the rest of us in WISC and just leave people to figure out on their own what happened.
Not to be harsh, but after a while they just have to put a storyline to rest. Don't just 'end' it and then keep going with speculation and tension.
It gets a bit overdone and starts tasting bitter.

^^ Starts? :vulcan:

I'm with Flo on this whole "team from the beginning" stuff. It doesn't sit well with me either. Yes, we are all aware that Horatio, Eric, & Calleigh are the originals -- most of us were there -- we get it -- no need to keep shoving it down our throats. Point is, there is more to that team than just those 3 - it's time tptb show some respect to the others, this is ridiculous.

And this when I get pissed off. I just can't believe they really think the "TEAM" had THAT beginning. 'Cause, as far as I know, the original team was made of H, Calleigh, Tim, Eric and Alexx (and probably Megan, I really don't remember her LOL)....it wasn't just about the "magic trio" :rolleyes:.
As for promoting the love story, well, I still don't know how I feel about it...all I can see is TPTB promoting it so that fans will go on yelling out how great this couple is so that Adam can come back to the show. No, please, Adam said he wanted to leave the show and he did for a reason....please, do not make him come back. It would be bad both for him (it would look like as if he's not able to take his own decisions) & the show (it would seem the show desperately needs Adam, if a show is a very good one, it doesn't need that specific actor/actress), at least IMHO.

I thought when Rory decided not to do the episode, they should have scrapped it. Not bringing Megan back, I can kind of understand since she really wasn't with the show very long (she didn't even make it through the first season) but no Tim?!:confused: That doesn't make sense, especially to those of us who have followed the show from the beginning.

Even though I am not a big fan of this romance, they need to resolve it one way or another. To have it hanging on throughout the season is not fair to the other actors/characters IMHO. Especially since Adam is going to be in and out.

Well, to me, they've already spent too much time on personal stuff regarding both Calleigh and Eric on this show. Don't get me wrong, but every member of this team (which isn't just about H, Calleigh & Eric) has a private life and everyone's life can have something to do with a crime or what about a simple burglary at Ryan or Natalia's house? Simple and plain...It doesn't require too much of a brain...I guess.

To the exclusion of Ryan, Natalia and Frank. We know little to nothing about Ryan, which is sad since he has been on the show from the middle of season 3.

You know what? This show needs new actors, new storylines....that's the only way they can refresh it a little bit. They already doing it with Eddie's entrance and I'm glad they did it 'cause I really don't see how it could have survived with Natalia struggling in that lab almost getting totally blind since she barely saw the sunlight during every episode :shifty:. And what about Ryan who sometimes gets on probation and is able to get out of the lab!...which means getting kidnapped or, better say, getting in big troubles which mean screwing up every now and then.

I am completely sick of Ryan being shown in mostly a negative light.:scream: He seems to be the dumping ground for every story line which makes he look like a screw up and a bad cop. Why not a story line where he is taking a leadship role or is a obvious hero?! Or how about just a story line for Natalia?

No way, I'm tired of this. If they can't think about anything new for the two of them, then skip ahead, bring somone refreshing on the show, bring a new character with a very interesting past. They already doing it with Ryan...they brought Eddie's character and it looks good to me. Now it's time to do the same thing with Natalia. Bring a new female character on the show....possibely no damsel in distress ('cause I'm done with this type of woman on the show :rolleyes:)...a woman who knows what she wants and usually gets it! You know the Icy Queen style....like oh yeah Miss Parker from the "Pretender" comes to my mind at the moment LOL. This show needs a character like her (not to mention that I would love to see Andrea Parker on this show ;) )!!!
This can be refreshing both to our eyes/ears and Ryan/Natalia so that they would have new pals and TPTB could bring out something cool about the two of them!

You're right, Flo. Fresh blood. New characters and new storylines to bring this series back to business. And with how often we see Ryan, Natalia and Frank, they'd almost count as "new" characters. :rolleyes:

Actually new characters wouldn't be necessary if they would just write story lines for the existing characters. I completely agree with the view that one could look at Ryan, Natalia and Frank as "new" characters and there are so many stories there to be written for them and about them if they would just be written.

Yeah, I hope there's a lot more Ryan/Natalia/Frank this season! I can understand how with the first episode, they aren't really a part of the flashbacks, because they weren't there at the time the team was just coming together (But SPEED was! I really wish Rory had agreed to be in the episode). So I'll allow them one last episode for our ignored, established characters to be...well, ignored. After that, though, I expect TPTB to stop with that crap.

I so agree with this. It is about time to give time to those actors (JT, ELR and RL) would put in their time, and work just as hard as everyone else. Hopefully the crap will stop.

Here's to hoping they won't focus all the attention on Jesse: :beer:

I'll lift my glass to that.

I'm with Flo on this whole "team from the beginning" stuff. It doesn't sit well with me either. Yes, we are all aware that Horatio, Eric, & Calleigh are the originals -- most of us were there -- we get it -- no need to keep shoving it down our throats. Point is, there is more to that team than just those 3 - it's time tptb show some respect to the others, this is ridiculous.

I can see what you're saying. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Natalia and Ryan to cross paths with the Calleigh/Horatio/Eric/Alexx, heck, even Jesse back in 1997. But if they were dead set on this whole flashback idea, even when Rory turned them down (I'm still disappointed!), it would've been better if they had done the flashbacks from different perspectives in 1997- like showing Ryan filling out his application for police academy, or taking a tour of the place...maybe even at his high school graduation, talking about how he wants to be a cop, but has read about scientific advances in criminal investigation, and that's what he wants to study in college so that he can be a cop and a criminologist. Natalia could be working at the FBI...maybe we could see her getting a promotion, or something like that...or, if they decide she was based somewhere else, they could show her getting promoted/moved to the Miami FBI field office. A few police/crime related bits, so we could see how the characters that didn't immediately join the team meandered into law enforcement/DNA/etc., which eventually lead them to the Miami-Dade Crime Lab. That would've been the best, most inclusive way to do flashbacks.

Personally, I don't really mind that in the premiere, Natalia and Ryan aren't necessarily included in the flashbacks, as I know how each of them joined the team. Also, Ryan and Natalia aren't the most important to me, but I recognize and respect that while they may not be my absolute favorite part of the show, that they are important to others. I do think it's unfair how little screen time each has been getting recently. So in my mind, I'll allow TPTB one last episode to not use them enough, but things better change after that. :p

I can see what you're saying. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Natalia and Ryan to cross paths with the Calleigh/Horatio/Eric/Alexx, heck, even Jesse back in 1997. But if they were dead set on this whole flashback idea, even when Rory turned them down (I'm still disappointed!), it would've been better if they had done the flashbacks from different perspectives in 1997- like showing Ryan filling out his application for police academy, or taking a tour of the place...maybe even at his high school graduation, talking about how he wants to be a cop, but has read about scientific advances in criminal investigation, and that's what he wants to study in college so that he can be a cop and a criminologist. Natalia could be working at the FBI...maybe we could see her getting a promotion, or something like that...or, if they decide she was based somewhere else, they could show her getting promoted/moved to the Miami FBI field office. A few police/crime related bits, so we could see how the characters that didn't immediately join the team meandered into law enforcement/DNA/etc., which eventually lead them to the Miami-Dade Crime Lab. That would've been the best, most inclusive way to do flashbacks.

Personally, I don't really mind that in the premiere, Natalia and Ryan aren't necessarily included in the flashbacks, as I know how each of them joined the team. Also, Ryan and Natalia aren't the most important to me, but I recognize and respect that while they may not be my absolute favorite part of the show, that they are important to others. I do think it's unfair how little screen time each has been getting recently. So in my mind, I'll allow TPTB one last episode to not use them enough, but things better change after that. :p

I see where you are going with that idea. Show Ryan and Natalia doing their respective things back in 1997 and somehow have them either see the case that the "team" is investigating or somehow relate them to it but in a way where they don't cross paths with everyone else. Ya know Ryan is filling out his Academy application when he overhears or sees on the news the information about the case and who is investigating it. Remember back in season 3 Ryan showed an extreme interest in working for H and the lab. So maybe it stems back from then. As for Natalia she works for the FBI...and if I recall, since back in 1997 CSI labs were equiped like they are today, the DNA evidence is sent to the FBI so maybe Natalia works on the evidence then or is helping someone who is running the evidence. Those types of interactions I could find plausible and believeable. To have them physically interact with the team is not.

Personally thought they should have scrapped the idea when Rory said no. He was/is too much of an integral piece of the team back then. He and H are the ones who were together the longest and to not have him there really, imo, means a huge chunk of importance is missing. I mean Megan was a part of the lab back then too...so now not only do they have to explain her absence, they have to explain Speed's as well. A little too much to overlook imo.

I too don't mind that Ryan and Natalia aren't in the flashbacks b/c they weren't with the team in 1997 and we know that. Because Jesse is a completely new character, the writers are openly able to create his back story and it would be plausible then that he was there in 1997. Cuz we don't know otherwise. Whereas with Ryan and Natalia we do. To make them somehow come across anyone in the team when they were introduced as completely new characters to everyone in their respective seasons (as Jesse is now) would, imo, cheapen the realisticness of the flashback. If the writers want to make this flashback beleiveable and make us believe it is real....then they really can't be there. They don't belong there...this ep is about how the original team was formed.

And I agree, given their lack of screen time overall....I will give the writers a pass on that for this ONE episode. I would hope that a theme for this season with the writers is utilization of everyone on the team and equal screentime. If not all in one ep then in an every other ep pattern.

Last edited:
I still think though, that given Horatio's comment about being a cop being in Ryan's blood, that would indicate to me that someone in Ryan's family was a cop. I think they could have at least mentioned that relative. That would tie Ryan into the flashback without having to show him interact with people he hadn't met back then. And it would also tie in to something that Horatio said after he met Ryan. I just can't help thinking there was something more to Horatio's comment than just Ryan being a cop through and through or being born to be a cop. There almost has to be someone in his family who was a cop. I can be his mom or his dad, or Uncle Ron or his grandfather, I don't care which... I just think that they left that comment hanging and never picked up on it. :lol: This would be the perfect opportunity to do so. It's not something that would be far-fetched or anything.

Personally, I don't really mind that in the premiere, Natalia and Ryan aren't necessarily included in the flashbacks, as I know how each of them joined the team. Also, Ryan and Natalia aren't the most important to me, but I recognize and respect that while they may not be my absolute favorite part of the show, that they are important to others. I do think it's unfair how little screen time each has been getting recently. So in my mind, I'll allow TPTB one last episode to not use them enough, but things better change after that
Thanks for realizing and respecting that Ryan and Natalia have a fan base too.The remaining members of the original 3 are not my favorite characters so I hope to see a big change this season as far as stories and airtime.While I understand that Ryan and Natalia may not be seen in the flashback,they shouldn't be almost left out all together from the premiere,or have airtime that is so minimal they shouldn't have bothered to show up.
it would've been better if they had done the flashbacks from different perspectives in 1997- like showing Ryan filling out his application for police academy, or taking a tour of the place...maybe even at his high school graduation, talking about how he wants to be a cop, but has read about scientific advances in criminal investigation, and that's what he wants to study in college so that he can be a cop and a criminologist. Natalia could be working at the FBI...maybe we could see her getting a promotion, or something like that...or, if they decide she was based somewhere else, they could show her getting promoted/moved to the Miami FBI field office. A few police/crime related bits, so we could see how the characters that didn't immediately join the team meandered into law enforcement/DNA/etc., which eventually lead them to the Miami-Dade Crime Lab. That would've been the best, most inclusive way to do flashbacks.
I said the same a while back,show 1997 from everyone's viewpoint.While we know how Ryan and Natalia joined the team,we don't know why.Ryan was young enough that we could have seen why he made the career choice that he did.
And I agree, given their lack of screen time overall....I will give the writers a pass on that for this ONE episode. I would hope that a theme for this season with the writers is utilization of everyone on the team and equal screentime. If not all in one ep then in an every other ep pattern.
Ditto,quite a few of us have been calling equal screen for a while.With the show returning to its "roots", hopefully we will see equal or at least near equal screen time.

Last edited:
I second Delkolover. I don't want Ryan or Nat in flashbacks if tptb can't make it believable. We know how they came to the team, there's no undoing what we've seen, it's too much of a stretch.
But I also think that if they let us in on Ryan and Nat's personal and separated perspectives then it could work just fine.

If TPTB wanted to, they could include Ryan and Nat in their own separate flashbacks, even if they were only little ones. Maybe they could leave off Horatio's flashback and go to Ryan figuring out where he wants to go to be a criminalist for 3 minutes or so.
Not very CSI-Miami-ish, but this season is supposedly supposed to be 'the one to watch' and different from the others. Maybe making the characters more personal would be a plus.

Last edited:

I see where you are going with that idea. Show Ryan and Natalia doing their respective things back in 1997 and somehow have them either see the case that the "team" is investigating or somehow relate them to it but in a way where they don't cross paths with everyone else. Ya know Ryan is filling out his Academy application when he overhears or sees on the news the information about the case and who is investigating it. Remember back in season 3 Ryan showed an extreme interest in working for H and the lab. So maybe it stems back from then. As for Natalia she works for the FBI...and if I recall, since back in 1997 CSI labs were equiped like they are today, the DNA evidence is sent to the FBI so maybe Natalia works on the evidence then or is helping someone who is running the evidence. Those types of interactions I could find plausible and believeable. To have them physically interact with the team is not.

Personally thought they should have scrapped the idea when Rory said no. He was/is too much of an integral piece of the team back then. He and H are the ones who were together the longest and to not have him there really, imo, means a huge chunk of importance is missing. I mean Megan was a part of the lab back then too...so now not only do they have to explain her absence, they have to explain Speed's as well. A little too much to overlook imo.

I too don't mind that Ryan and Natalia aren't in the flashbacks b/c they weren't with the team in 1997 and we know that. Because Jesse is a completely new character, the writers are openly able to create his back story and it would be plausible then that he was there in 1997. Cuz we don't know otherwise. Whereas with Ryan and Natalia we do. To make them somehow come across anyone in the team when they were introduced as completely new characters to everyone in their respective seasons (as Jesse is now) would, imo, cheapen the realisticness of the flashback. If the writers want to make this flashback beleiveable and make us believe it is real....then they really can't be there. They don't belong there...this ep is about how the original team was formed.

Quite honestly, I'm done giving tptb "passes". This has gone on for too long, imo. And it's the premiere, it isn't the time to leave out the others, whether some believe they belong there or not. Plain & simple, there are ways to work in Ryan & Natalia, just as they're managing to include Frank & Jesse (2 characters who were not there from the beginning either). I won't bicker too much further on the episode since we have yet to see it & there is a slight chance they still show something - all the same I'm very tired of CBS throwing these promos together & showing as little respect as tptb do for these characters. It's offensive.... but then again these are the same people who think Vegas' ratings will skyrocket if they put Laurence Fishburne is a new outfit this season. :rolleyes:

.... but then again these are the same people who think Vegas' ratings will skyrocket if they put Laurence Fishburne is a new outfit this season. :rolleyes:

:guffaw::guffaw: Soooo frickin true!! They can't seem to accept that the reason the ratings took a dive in the first place were not b/c of his outfits but b/c of Peterson's exit. I love when producers think a small change in a huge scheme of things will make all the difference when it comes to attracting viewers.

I could care less what the guys wears....it is and will never be the same as it was before. I just hope that the producers of Miami don't think that bringing Eddie C in will have this huge affect....cuz I just can't see it happening. All Eddie has brought them thus far is bad press and attention b/c of his personal problems!

In the end, we will just have to wait and see what happens.

You fans closer to the action then me.

Is characterpopularity rated the same way as the show or what makes a show focus on specific characters for some storylines as Ryan always in trouble?

Ratings for specific episode tells you? The characters are popular? the storyline is fantastic? .......

I know they sometimes use a panel of people(testaudience) to preview the movie or whatever. But do they do that for each episode of a tvshow?

And if there is characterpopularity ratings where do I find them?

Came back later and added this from Hiphuggertread

I know that fans have committed their time and viewing pleasure to Ericcharacter and I am not certain they will warm up to Eddie that easy. Just look at Tara character. ....

One could fear that the demise of Tara was brought on by fans wanting a Alexxtype returning. But that was misread as fans/viewers not ready for a new female character?

This is a ensamble -cast with different types appealling to different people so an Alexx is missing as type. But most people acknowledge that Khandi made that character so "right" that any typesimilarcasting would be impossible. So they tried a Tara.....and she didn´t work. For fans however that doesn´t mean we wouldn´t like a strong female aboard .

Eddie is to some extent the Ericreplacement ....some disgree I know....That character gets to play side by side with the character he is replacing. Let´s see if it works. But we are still missing a female. So where will they go and who will they pick? Younger, Older, softer, colder..... ?

Last edited:
Someone mentioned Eric will have a Doug ending from ER. :confused: That show survived an ending to a hyped lovestory, but will CSI Miami?
I can survive with it LOL. Just kidding. Seriously, this show should have never considered this storyline 'cause it makes it look like E.R. as you mentioned. Too bad that a show like E.R. can afford this aspect (I mean everyone had sex with everyone on that show....with no regrets :lol:). This is not what I'm looking for CSI:Miami.
Florry ....You know I disagree on that one.... Hopefully no bad feelings there.:). But as a fellow Calleigh fan......I fear: a wimpy Cal, a stonecold Cal or a turned to drink Cal.

I guess I wasn't thinking properly about that one 'cause I find myself agreeing with you. I was just thinking about Eric leaving and the relationship to end, but, again, I wasn't thinking about Calleigh's reaction. Totally agree with you so no bad feelings :lol:;)

As for new characters or not....well don't get me wrong, but, even if both Ryan and Natalia can be considered as "new" to the show, they're not new to me anymore. Ok they're not having the screentime/storylines they deserve, but this doesn't mean I don't know them.
I mean look at example at the idea of having both of them in the 1997 flashback. I know enough of them to be perfectly sure their presence in that flashback would be odd. As much as anyone of us can enjoy their presence just b/c they're gonna have a good screentime...well this is odd and quite ridiculuous to be fair. Don't get me wrong, but how can you imagine that Natalia worked for them and than she had a sudden memory loss. We all know that Nick abused her, but this doesn't mean she had to forget completely about H. I wouldn't forget someone like him, at all!!
And what about Ryan? He met Calleigh and was in that departement for ages, but forgot both H and Calleigh completely?? Gosh those two must be visited by a very good neurologist, if that's the case :rolleyes::lol:

TPTB just can't get over the fact that we know something about this two and, IMHO, it is impossible to refresh or create something new for characters like Ryan and Natalia
- Ryan has gambling problems and whenever he does something he screws it up. Even when he could have been the hero of the episode (WISC), he had to leave the room with his collegues b/c they couldn't trust him anymore. What a horrible ending for a character like him. I really don't see how they could refresh him.
- Natalia was abused by her husband, he died and she has shooting troubles....then what? Can she have a normal storyline without troubles both for her and the others? I guess no...so I don't see how they could refresh her either :rolleyes:

I don't want to sound rude, but these characters are dead to some viewers. As much someone can enjoy them (I'm one of the people who wants to see a lot more about both of them ;)), I really don't see how they could come up with something actually new for both of them.

So, that's why I'd like to see someone new (especialy among the women) on the show so that both Ryan and Natalia can bond with Jesse and Miss X. In that case we would be able to see something more about both Ryan and Natalia...not to mention that we would see a lot more in terms of friendship and team spirit. That is if TPTB don't screw up with the new characters too :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back