Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
but CSI as a show is already so dreary and many of us are so attached to the characters that I feel strongly that killing off a main character would be unacceptable. Let the characters discover new passions or new careers; let them take extended vacations, etc. But don't kill off any of the main cast, please!

Yeah, that would be really bad, I think. If they killed someone then there's no way they could move on with the show without having it have a major impact on the other characters (I know how I'D feel! Imagine how they'd feel!). But if that happened I think the writers would just move everyone along very unrealistically.

I can't even read fanfics where someone dies. It makes me nauseous. :(

I don't think any cast will be killed off. I don't think they will do this years, because of the strike. Remember guys, we have short episode. Let's enjoy the episode before we find out about the episode called, 'The Bottom of the Barrell, part 1 and 2.' Spoiler is not out on that episode...yet.

That said, I'm going to go on record as saying that I hope the CSI writers find other ways other than death to let characters go. I get it, I really do, that actors want to do new things, but CSI as a show is already so dreary and many of us are so attached to the characters that I feel strongly that killing off a main character would be unacceptable. Let the characters discover new passions or new careers; let them take extended vacations, etc. But don't kill off any of the main cast, please! (And I really do hope -- laugh out loud -- that a writer or a producer reads this.)

so why on earth do you watch it? . Or am I not understanding, and you mean the subject matter is depressing?

I understand that people get attached to characters / actors - I know for sure that when William Petersen leaves I won't be that bothered with the show anymore, cos after 8 years, I'd just move on, he is after all what makes it different. But still - if it was a dreary show - I wouldn't watch it anyway!

Perhaps I should have been clearer -- I think the general topic of murder and death is dreary. Shows like CSI and Law and Order and, frankly, LOTS of TV, seem to love to wallow in depressing topics. In general, I don't watch those shows. CSI is an exception because I love other aspects about CSI. It's very smart, it's well-written, it's believable, it teaches me stuff, the main characters are likable, and occasionally CSI puts in lines that are incredibly funny. (Those episodes, invariably, are my favorites -- remember "Rashomama"?) My main point is that, with the constant thread of murder and bad guys and sadness surrounding the cases in the show, I would appreciate it if the writers refrained from killing off a main character.

I don't think we have to worry about them killing of a main character. Mendelsohn has said in the past that she doesn't like to kill off main characters.

Though I know they did it on one of the other CSI shows. Miami, I think?

But then again, that wouldn't stop them, but I don't think it will happen on CSI LV. At least I hope not.

#816 - Two and a Half Deaths

Grissom, Catherine, Nick, Greg and Brass are investigating the death of a well known tv star called Annabelle. She was in Vegas shooting scenes for her tv show.

This is a writer's cross over with Two and a half men, there seems to be a couple of jokes about the two shows. It looks like it could be quite funny, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. ;)

I'm confused here, elsie. I don't mind comedy here. I thought there is one episode called 'Bottom of the Barrell.' Unless they do part 1 then we have to wait 'till 9th season come back or there do two hours like they did Grave Danger. You know, there is 6 episode left, I wish 7 episode.

I know that, they do change. I just want to know, if they going to do Part 1 this year then end it there like they did Sara when she was kidnapped and we will have to wait 'till the show come back with Part 2 or are they doing to do 2 hours show like they did Grave Danger when Nick was kidnapped.

I hope not. I am sick of the two parters, especially when they carry over from one season to another. They just did that...I really hope they do not again.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere here that "Bottom of the Barrell" is a two parter with both parts showing this season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You're not wrong, smokey. I saw it here too and over at Tv.com, it said, Bottom Of The Barrell.

Dizzney, I agree with you, I hope not. I hope they do two hours of it on the same day, but I got a feeling they going to do the same thing when Sara was kidnapped then we have to wait. I don't like waiting.

More than likely they will have both parts in the same season...with so few eps because of the strike, I really don't see why they would hold out more than they already have. But stranger things have happened, so all we can really do is wait and see what is released as spoilers.

No one wants to wait for the conclusion of an ep, but if we have to then that's is what is meant to be. :)

More than likely they will have both parts in the same season...with so few eps because of the strike, I really don't see why they would hold out more than they already have. But stranger things have happened, so all we can really do is wait and see what is released as spoilers.

No one wants to wait for the conclusion of an ep, but if we have to then that's is what is meant to be. :)

"Bottom of the Barrel" part 1 is listed as episode 816 and part 2 is 817, soooo.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back