Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that CSI has to worry about losing it's audience. I think we're just quiet in the spoiler thread right now because a thread has been started for "Grissom's Devine Comedy" and there are no more spoilers right now. We have lots of speculation, but nothing concrete.

CSI will survive.

well, even with a big ratings drop, CSI will still be doing really well compared to other shows. I can see it becoming similar to Law and Order...

I used to care a lot about Grissom leaving, but his character is so different and non-existent now, it really wouldn't matter. Plus anything to get rid of GSR for good!! But with both Gil and Cath gone, the show will be a lot different...it would be difficult for them to keep up those ratings. But the fact that they are in the 8th season, and still have ratings like this is amazing.

THANK'S stokesgirl wonderful news
weehee.gif
thank goodness, Grissom has reached the heights of his character, from grumpy/bugs/DNA/forensics and no personal life, to happy Grissom, with the outing of his relationship.. to sad Grissom, so many emotions in the last few episodes, what a great actor, he gets better and better,
nogriss.png
and I think nothing was said about the other cast members, because they've already said "YES":thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm happy that Billy sign contract for 9th season. I'm sure Marg will too, she already said she will be back in 9th season. I hope George and other cast will sign contract for 9th season. No Grissom and no Nick and no CSI for me.

I actually posted that article on the LV Renewed for Season 9 thread since it had to do more with next season and not this one. But it is good news.

Thank's to you as well Dizzney no slight intended, for me, I just didn't read it after my original comments. so thank's to you too!;)

WHOOPEE:bolian: and George stated on that TV Guide chat, "he was in it till the end" so no worry NicknGrissom

I remember he did said, he will stay 'till the end. I'm not worried about George and I'm worry about what Carol M. is going to do. She said in the tv guide last week one, 'Somebody is going to died.' and she also said, 'It our job.' And she didn't said who is going to get killed off on the show.'

Any news at all on Gary/Warrick's fate? I got it into my head a while ago that he was going to be killed off this season and I've been DESPERATE for clues that will prove me wrong. So, anything you all have is very very much appreciated.

Please prove me wrong. Pleeeeeeease.

Okay lets keep the Stars renewing contracts to the LV being renewed thread, and let this thread deal with characters and episodes. Thank you. ;)

ETA: I amended the title of the "LV Renewed" Thread to show this "Attention: LV Renewed S-9, Contract Info" so that it can contain both discussions. ;)

Last edited:
If I remember correctly the article where Mendelsohn mentioned "killing someone" and "that's our job," it was in reference to new storylines being created after the writers' strike was resolved. I did not take it to mean that the writers are planning on killing off a main character, just that the show itself has, in every episode, the death of somebody! (In other words, she really wasn't giving much of a spoiler.) I think everyone needs to read articles and spoilers carefully and not jump to conclusions that the writers are ready to kill off main characters.

That said, I'm going to go on record as saying that I hope the CSI writers find other ways other than death to let characters go. I get it, I really do, that actors want to do new things, but CSI as a show is already so dreary and many of us are so attached to the characters that I feel strongly that killing off a main character would be unacceptable. Let the characters discover new passions or new careers; let them take extended vacations, etc. But don't kill off any of the main cast, please! (And I really do hope -- laugh out loud -- that a writer or a producer reads this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back