Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Him belittling him in A little Murder, Evaluation Day ad S7 first ep just to name a few. Not letting him work solo because he wasn't ready, and that based on a riddle. Great leadership there. grissom chewing him down because of his relationship in Boom and not giving a damn. And lastly his "So it's over" in Daddy's Little Girl. Great supervising and great double standards as he is banging a subordinate himself.

All Nick's learned is in spite of Griss, not thanks to him.

2. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

Wow, that's a new take on the Nick/Grissom relationship for me, S_Bright! I'll have to rewatch the episodes.

Others, please excuse a newbie for reopening old discussions. I couldn't help speculating after seeing the VF picture and watching Nesting Dolls on the same day. ;-) I actually think Catherine may end up being the coolest about it. I admit I will be disappointed if nobody has *any* drama about this, but as so many people have said, CSI is not a soap opera.

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I agree with most of that, Nick has always tried to please Grissom but always seemed to fail because Grissom didn't cut him much slack but I think part of it might have been a learning tool and i think Nick has become a better CSI either because of that or dispite that. Either way I think Nick is ready to take charge and I look forward to him doing so.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Absolutely! Like when Nick said he didn't care about the promotion and told Grissom, "I don't want to be you." That's exactly what Grissom was waiting to hear and that's why he recommended him. Of course, then they put Greg in the field and cut the lead CSI position.

5. Smokey

I keep remembering when there was that car accident at the crime scene and Nick helped the guy and then Hodges said something about how "some people are destined for greatness" or something like that. The whole car accident scene seemed really out of place for me and didn't add to the episode, so maybe that was foreshadowing?

6. Smokey

Maybe that's so she can easily be removed from the photo later. ;)

7. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

wow, not liking the atmosphere in here right now.
    i think grissom saw potential in nick and that's why he did all those things. testing him., preparing him. hasn't it been a while since he's been a jerk to nick? if you can call it being a jerk. nick seems to be coming into his own, of late. really take charge, really good w/ people. maybe griss saw some of that and worked towards getting him ready for his future, or whatever.

griss helped warrick out too, after his gambling incidents, and the thing w/ the shooting in his old neighborhood... i think it was random acts of violence.
    griss is a good superviser cause he takes care of his people, no matter who it is. i understand the whole sleeping w/ the subordinate thing, but... well, "love is blind"
    they're in love or lust or whatever *you* want to believe, alot of times that's more important than anything.

i have a request... for a lil more positive energy! por favor, s'il vous plait, please!!

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Hodges seemed to do a fair amount of that last season Smokey.

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Please remember that pictures for future eps and promo's belong in the picture spoiler thread. Thank you.

11. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

Sorry Destiny! I'm still fairly new here, so I didn't realize there was a separate spoiler area for pics. I'll remember for next time!

12. gsr_rulz

gsr_rulz Hit and Run

I don't know that Cath would be against it. Isn't she the one who said he needed to "get his head out of the microscope", which lead to him sending her the plant?

13. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

It may be a coincidence, but I noticed that the 2-page TV guide photo (the one with them in a garage minus Sara) has them standing in the exact same order. Is that common with CSI season cast photos?

14. Vanessa

Vanessa Dead on Arrival

I don't think it was menacing at all. It was more of a "I remember what happened the last time we argued and I really, really don't want to go down that route again, so if you want too, we may talk later, alone, when we're more calm". But that's just my perspective.

And Grissom treats Nick bad? I'm sorry, but I remember a certain time Nick had something with a prostitute and while Grissom didn't like it, he did stay by his side (he could have screwed him. If it was Ecklie, he would screw him) . I also remember another time when Nick told a friend of his about a certain high profile case and said friend blabbed about it to the press, and a certain supervisor just let it go, with a few warning looks. The truth is, there should have been repercussions. But no... let's give him the recommendation for lead CSI cause really... he deserves it... I mean, someone who doesn't care if he gets the job or not, certainly deserves the recommendation.
    So yeah, I agree. Grissom certainly hates Nick and he will hate it when Nick gets his promotion this year (if he does get a promotion).
    Lets be honest here. At one time or another, Grissom has been there for his team. He doesn't treat them all the same way, cause they're different people, but he doesn't have favorites. He'll be very proud of Nick.

15. sal

sal Dead on Arrival

Nicky was most the putout specially when Catherine said "as your supervisor I'M ordering you to back off" and at he end of the epi Warrick Say's let it go man Nick doesn't reply.
    i like Nick I think he would make a good supervisor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.