Season 8: Returning Stars & Show *NO SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Re: Season 8: Returning Stars & Show

^ yeah, i agree with you brass_lives. i'm not worrying about it nor am i analyzing anything cuz i know that half of the things we hear is either not true or only partially consistent with what is really happening.

i hope TPTB will settle a contract with Jorja over the 9 week break that they are all enjoying at the moment. i can't really see them not getting on the same ground in such a long and stress-less period of time. i have faith that everything will be resolved in a positive way b/c it's what will make literally everybody better off.

2. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

I am not taking it personally, I just had a moment of clarity when I read the National Enquirer, it confirmed my original thoughts that it is a nasty rumour and the fact everything else they wrote can be proved to be inaccurate, confirms that somebody feed lies about CSI to the media.
    I am sure Jorja is well used this, which is why she didn't even reply. This whole thing about pay never seemed right, it is basically a smear on her character. I do get annoyed when a good person's character is smeared by lies, whether its Jorja Fox,William Petersen (how has had nasty things writen about him too) Keith Olbermann, Obama Baruk or anyone else that the Conservative right wing hate.
    I looked into it because people here do take it seriously and many in other threads are worried, I am not to be honest because I never truely believed the rumour, may arguments were why it wouldn't happen.

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

lol Gosh. It's now about politics eh? :lol:

My point has been, from the start, that it's Jorja's decision. And I wonder why some people just had to involve other actors like they know these actors really well and know exactly what they'd do. *shrugs* Every actor gets negative criticism and it's not always about politics. The ones mentioned in the previous post aren't the only ones. Personally I think if an actor can't get over it, then they probably can't survive in this working category.

And that was very well said, brass_lives. I couldn't have put it better than you did. It's the show biz. And what's happening to Jorja now basically happens to every actor and this case is nothing special. Cheers! :D

4. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

In imdb already this the eighth season with with the four first episodes.

IMDb: CSI

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

IMDb information is not always reliable either. Anybody can pretty much enter information about things on that site.

6. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I don't think this is reliable at all.. Its mentioned that the second episode "Aftermath" will air in 2006... :rolleyes:
    I mean.. to me that prooves the info sucks

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah but i already heard these 4 first episode names, so i'd say this particular information is true (except the 2006 part, lol)

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's an article a Q & A session with Marg, talking about S/8.. she says she doesn't know anything HMMM, bet she does, and is sworn to secrecy :confused:

INTERVIEW

Courtesy of Elyse's web-site!

9. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i am sure she knows something but wont let it slip...i imagine they writers are very tight lips ....oh well only a few more months to wait

10. 4_and_20

4_and_20 Rookie

Wait, so why isn’t Sofia listed in CBS’s cast line-up for season 8. She is a main character now so she should be there, especially since this information is coming directly from the horse’s mouth, unless I was wrongly under the impression that everyone, except for maybe, possibly Sara was coming back. I hope it’s just a glaring oversight; I mean, it’s not like CBS even bothered to add her to the cast list on the official website at the start of season 7, so, I don’t know, maybe they’re just lazy.

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

But if you look "Wallace aka Hodges" isn't listed either in that. I believe the only ones on that "Fall Preview" list are the ones who we have seen in the opening credits. Where as both Wallace and Louise are listed as credited for their roles as regular cast, but are not yet seen in it.

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

But Destiny Louis Lombard WAS in the opening credits last season.

13. 4_and_20

4_and_20 Rookie

yeah, she is in the opening credits, that makes her a title character.

14. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

You'll see Sara is coming back ... something is telling me this

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

My bad, I was thinking of Wallace not being in the theme song when writing that and not thinking about the fact that I included Louise in that as well.

Again it could fall back to the part where she was up with that Pilot and when it got canceled (or so is said at this time) it could be that list is just a copy/paste job by the network (ie powers that be) for the time being. Who really knows, to me nothing is totally official until the first episode airs and even then I am more then inclined to wait for the second to third episode to be very sure. ;)