Season 8: Returning Stars & Show *NO SPOILERS*

Re: Season 8: Returning Stars & Show

I'd prefer to see an end to the Sarah/Grissom thing, I've said it before, it just doesn't work for me. However, it will carry on to next season. Just about every place I've worked in discourages relationships between people on the same team - especially when one was the 'boss', as it could lead to discipline problems. If it's to continue then she should be transferred to another team.

I just have a question, and please don't take this as me not liking Jorja, because I do actually like her - she's a great actress when she's given decent material.

My question is this:

If it was Jorja's decision to leave CSI - which it may well be, considering that we know she likes to stretch her acting wings and work in diverse areas (which makes total sense to me) - would you still watch the show?

I just see so many of you saying how you'll never watch the show again if Jorja leaves - but written properly and acted well, the show is wonderful and I would think that if Jorja WANTED to leave and do something else, everyone would be supportive of her and her decision.

As much as I like Jorja and her character (when she's given decent material to work with), I'd still watch the show if she left - especially if it was Jorja's decision to go.

Of course I would watch! What kind of question is that? It really bothers me thatpeople are running around saying 'OMGOMGOMG if she leaves I won't watch' Your opinion, fine, but don't watch! Don't say it a million times just to agitate people. There are teenybopper forums for that! *steps back in line*

Ahh...could It be that the lookalike was the one in Living Doll?

I think that's what drumchik was saying. Many people are saying, "If Jorja leaves, I won't watch." Drumchik was questioning the validity of this statement, not trying to stir stuff up.

Like you, I'd continue watching CSI, even if my favorite star wasn't on it, but I know some that won't.

Yeah. I know why they wouldn't and maybe I shouldn't have said what i did, but I dont regret it enough to edit the post. I miss Vartann like crazy, and Hodges is my favorite. Even if they both were gone I'd still watch, because I love the show...it just saddens me that some people don't see beyond that...the show is so much more than the characters. Sure, I love almost all of them (not nuts about Sara) and each one adds to the show...But as long as there is CSI, I'm watching. Even when CSI is done, there are still DVDs.

I agree with Papzi , CSI is more than just the characters. If Greg left I would still watch but I would not enjoy it as much but it's still a great show even though some events latly have bothered me, it's not enough to stop me from watching.

Well of course I'll still watch, but personally after the Season Finale- I'm questioning myself on why I want to continue watching even if Jorja stays. While the finale was beautifully done, I absolutely hated Sara in pearl. Oh no, another CSI in danger. I love Sara, and I love Grissom, but the show as a whole is what I really love. If one character left, the show wouldn't be as fullfilling, and I would likely be a little less inclined to continue watching.

Sara is my favorite on the show so I don't know that I would enjoy it anymore if she left, and she did say she hoped she would be back for a sexy season 8

I have to say that I would still watch the show. I mean I love CSI as a whole. I would be sad if Sara left ( I really would be sad if Sara and Nick both left ).
But I would still watch,I would want to see how her leaveing the lab and all efixted the others. ( sorry abut the spelling, cat broke my glasses ) But I don't think that loose of one cast memeber would hurt the show as a whole. But I guess onlt time will tell about that.

Bev said:
I think that's what drumchik was saying. Many people are saying, "If Jorja leaves, I won't watch." Drumchik was questioning the validity of this statement, not trying to stir stuff up.

Like you, I'd continue watching CSI, even if my favorite star wasn't on it, but I know some that won't.

I'd miss any of the folks terribly if they chose to leave, but having said that, the show itself is fascinating because of the science and how it is used in relation to solving crimes. I doubt a purely science based show would have the same ratings and fan base. If it were not for the cast who make us care and bring the stories to life, this would be another straight foward technology/science reality series on either Discovery or Court TV.
Everyone in the lab, whether you love them or hate them, are integral pieces to a wonderfully complex puzzle that we as an audience get be a part of solving every week. The experiences of the characters, personal or professional, are what makes the stories much more than the usual 'crime documentary'. Whether it's Grissom and his bugs -which are as much a hobby for him as a vocation- To young CSI Greg bringing his knowledge of a variety of subjects to help solve the case at hand. Grissom said about 'forgetting the human element in any experiment' in the episode 'Crash and Burn' to the young man who tried to kill his parents, so he could attend Princeton. CSI as good as it is would not be the success it is without the cast that brings the 'human element' to life amidst all the criminological science.
Sorry for blabbing on so long. :lol:

In my POV Jorja leaving the show, doesn't just mean that one great character is leaving, but it also implies (and this is the important thing i believe) the end of Billy P in the show. A heartbroken Grissom (if Sara dies) would no longer stay in the lab (consider Grave danger, Butterflied and Burn Out all in the same epi=> that's what Grissom would be feeling).
In that case we have Jorja leaving=> Jorja and Billy leaving=> CSI just NOT THE SAME=> Me stop watching CSI...

IMHO, I doubt that just because JF leaves that WP would leave too. He is in fact the star of the show and whether or not JF stays would not affect him, afterall he has a wife and family to think about and he has to make a living. Grissom is a strong character and I believe his life would go on with out Sara. Believe it or not CSI does not revolve around these two people.

I agree Wojo. That being said, I do think that if Marg or Billy left, the other one would follow. They seem very tight.

What will be interesting is to see what happens to the loyal fans that will watch no matter what. If Jorja left I'd be sad, but I'd still watch.

We want Season 8 of CSI!

Back