Season 8: Returning Stars & Show *NO SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

Re: Season 8: Returning Stars & Show

well lets just hope that nobody gets fired and that everyone is back for season 8

**CSI is my sanity**

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

In this thread "ok magazine - jorja fox is it true?" the poster had a question. I have advised the discussion hold to this thread and locked that one, and put in a link so that you can view it and respond if you wish.

3. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

OK magazine is a magazine for footballer's wive's,pop stars, soap stars and other famous chav's, it is a downmarket copy of Hello! Magazine and as such it recycles other magazine's news. I would not take it seriously it is fodder for waiting rooms.

I do not believe that if Jorja was in a dispute with CBS, that she would have done the publicity work, "The Early Show" interviews or been part of that happy team outing in Chicago.
    A pay rise is a part of the contract negotiations and Jorja's co-star and friend Marg is the wife of the President of the SAG, therefore she would have been very well protected and advised. Jorja wasn't out of line and if CBS had fired her, they would lose the confidence of everyone on CSI, it would be stupid and would wreak the show due to the fact that Jorja is extremely popular within the cast.

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I wonder where the idea of Billy would leave if Jorja did came from? Just asking here. He might have said that when the firing happened before they started shooting season 5, but that was because Jorja and George were fired by CBS, not because they wanted to leave. This time, however, it's Jorja's decision to stay on the show or leave, whether CBS gives her the raise or not. In this case, if she leaves, she isn't "fired". She just simply doesn't re-sign.

And Billy invested much time in GSR? I doubt that. Yeah sure, he said positive things about the relationship after the whole thing was revealed at the end of season 6, but I also remembered that he used to say that he didn't want any relationship over and over again during the previous seasons. Also, he said that he didn't want the relationship to be revealed in an interview close to the end of season 7 and he seemed a bit cold to the GSR thing during the Early Show interview about TGTBTD. I think the actors are still doing their job when they are interviewed about the show. They say whatever that goes with the flow on the show and that's not always what they really think. So I never take the interviews too seriously.

ER did survive without Clooney and started to go down after Anthony Edwards left (this season was Noah's last). But how long has it been since they left the show? 6, 7 years? To me, it's a miracle that it's even there. And excuse me. It's not on the same time slot as CSI and Grey's. These two shows don't really have much to do with ER's decline. Every show goes down eventually, so will CSI, and it won't have much to do with Jorja Fox. It's just what every show gets after being on TV for a while. And it's questionable if CSI could stay for that long even with the current cast (which I doubt would be long because it doesn't look like Billy and Marg will stay for many seasons).

And if TPTB can get good writing, I really don't think it'd be so much of an impact if Jorja wasn't on the show anymore (well, except for the hardcore Jorja fans) since most of the viewers watch the show more for the cases and less for the actors. Even a lot of people here say that even though they don't want her to go, they'd still watch if she really left.

It's not a firing whether you like it or not, or there would be no negotiation. Gah.

5. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

Jorja was fired in 2005 over a request for a pay rise and Marg and the rest of the cast fought for them with a no show. Marg also said it upset them for quiet awhile afterwards too.
    If Jorja is once again being put through that, then it will reflect very badly on CBS to the wife of the President of the SAG, and it would upset the cast because it could be them next year,it would be the signal for them to jump ship. Jorja may choose not to sign but it wouldn't be a happy parting for anyone and cast that doesn't trust it's network is not going to put out such a good show.

Maybe the show could be fine without Sara but the cast are big Jorja fans, it fact they love her and if she is stitched up by CBS, they would support her as they did her and George in 2005. Which is why I think she has not left because they looked happy in Chicago and George said they would be in big trouble without Jorja on the show.

I did't say that CSI has anything to do with the decline of ER, I am just saying that ER was a critically acclaimed tv show, had a great cast and it survived the departure of George, Peter, Mark, Noah and Julianna. The problem came when they started not re-newing contracts and giving them bad exits like Dr Romano, ER is still going and has an audience but it doesn't have the acclaim, it is trashed by critics and the audience. It takes one or two bad decisons by the executives to change an excellent show into a bad one.
    I believe Jorja leaving or being pushed out of CBS will be a
    decision that will turn the show into something less. Grissom would have to heartbroken and withdrawn or make his character a liar when he said Sara was the only one he ever loved. That would be lose the trust of much of the audience.
    The crime stuff is excellent I don't want sloppy love seens, I like GSR they way it has been done, I like the blend of the show. And I don't dislike Catherine either but if Jorja goes Marg and Billy may not be far behind her.

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I'm going with Lady E on this one. It's not a firing, it's simply Jorja making a decision whether or not she wants to continue with the show. Since that is the case, it has nothing to do with Marg or Alan and the SAG, and nothing to do with the rest of the cast. It's Jorja's decision.

And whether or not Jorja leaves is not going to reflect on the show. And since Billy has already signed for Season 8, I doubt he's going to jump ship anytime soon. Personally, I think the only time Marg would leave is if Billy left, which he's not doing at this time.

So, just a reminder, this is Jorja's decision. It's about what she wants for her future. And I'm sure that CBS is going to wait until Season 8 to reveal the future of her character because they are happy to keep the cliffhanger going, but CBS is not making the decision for her.

7. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Jorja didn't get fired because she asked for a pay raise back in 2004 but because she didn't send the agreement back in time. At least that was what the official said. There might be more behind this, but we'll never know. I've always believed it was a public stunt and till this day I still do, but that's just me.

And as simple as I said, it will be Jorja's decision. If she decides to leave, it's simply an unsuccessful negotiation which happens a lot in the show biz. She's not the first one having this issue, and she won't be the last one. It has nothing to do with other cast members but herself and CBS. As for their reaction if Jorja really left, that would be their own decision, too. I wouldn't assume what they'd think or do, because I don't know them and because that's really not my business.

And it's not like CBS is firing Jorja for no reason or breaking the contract. There was a negotiation. Since this is the case, I doubt the SAG would step in. That has nothing to do with who Marg's husband is at all.

8. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

Article 1, Article 2

CBS upset the cast in 2004, nobody worked for ten days until George and Jorja were re-instated and George himself has said that they would be in trouble without Jorja, he said it on camera at the Chicago event in May. The links will tell you why
    this whole rumor about Jorja is so wrong.
    And if a negotiation is involved SAG is Jorja's union, it is their job to get involved, Marg is even more left wing than Jorja and that is why Jorja won't be losing her job without a fight and they are pretty happy, which tells me the rumours are just that.

*Edited: to Shorten Screen and URL linkable*

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I've read a lot of articles about the whole thing, thank you. I just said the agreement thing was the only thing we heard from the official. I didn't say it was the truth and I did say there might be more behind this. If the rumors of the cast not showing up was true, they did that because CBS fired Jorja and George for wrong reasons and they showed their support. This time, however, no one is firing her. IT IS ONE OF THOSE CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS which every actor has to deal with. They don't get special just because your favorite actors are involved. This is Jorja's business, not anyone else's. There is no need to involve other people since we have no idea what's really happening.

If SAG should get involved, that's SAG's job, not Marg's. She isn't the president of SAG, it's her husband. What SAG does shall not be influenced by the wife of the president. No matter how left wing Marg is, she has never used her "power" to influence anything. Personally I think it is quite inappropriate to assume what she'd do with her "power". There's a difference between what you hope she'd do and what she really would do. I still doubt SAG would step in because Jorja could choose not to sigh the contract if she's not satisfied. It's not like anyone is forcing her or CBS is forbidding her to sign the contract.

Bottom line: it's her decision.

And I'm done with this. I think I've said all I can.

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

^^ Ditto.

11. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

12. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

Sara's alive Sara's alive thank you so much Alex !!!!

13. lucyj0720

lucyj0720 Hit and Run

Marg intervened in 2004 by not showing up to work and would do so again is it was to support a cast mate, that is union action at work. And Marg is someone that is very difficult to fire because of her lead role and because of who she is married too.

Oh and I have seen an articule in the National Enquirer, I didn't buy it and never will but I looked to see if the Jorja Fox rumours had reached their pages. And it had,it said that CBS were sick of Jorja's pay demands.
    Firstly she has only asked for one pay-rise before and she turned it down, in support of George returning to work. She has said she doesn't care about the money. (And George owes her for that support, so does the cast. And he is quoted supporting Jorja is there once more.) So she is not out of line asking for a pay rise if she has never had one for CSI and that would rile up the cast in support, if it was true. The demanding bit is the smoking gun, because that is not something Jorja Fox would do, certainly not for double money as is claimed in the article
    The second bit that told me it is all lies it that it claimed that Sara was to get run over and die in Grissom's arms. Oh please, that is not something CSI would do, would Billy allow that to happen, especially when they had the MK storyline to finish, which was clearly well planned at the end. It is a rumour spread by people that don't know anything about CSI and most likely want to discredit Jorja because of her open political views. Maybe a famously Conservative rival network has been muck spreading. It wouldn't be the first or last time that has happened.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Do you really think they would leave out Jorja's name? that would give it away for sure. I don't think this confirms anything one way or the other. IMO.

15. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

Lucy, I think you're taking this more personally than Jorja is. I love Jorja. I think Sara's the most interesting female character currently on TV, and I hope she's back next season with a bit more screentime. That said, Jorja seems to be perfectly happy these days. Whatever she and the show decided seems to be ok by her.

Honestly, I think the whole pay raise demand thing is more of a publicity stunt than the last time this happened. I have no idea if it is based on truth, but if it is, it's well within her rights to request a raise and well within the show's rights to deny one. Media is media. They love to pounce on any line that seems scandalous because they know it sells. By now, I'm sure Jorja is used to that. Try not to let it get to you.