Season 8: "Dead Doll" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2007.

1. jasjod

jasjod Dead on Arrival

Re: "Dead Doll" Discussion **SPOILERS**

I could deal with it if she dies, and we see her in Grissom flashbacks showing us things of their past relationship throughout the season. However should she die and we only see her in a funeral type show (which the upcoming episode spoilers don't seem to show anything) that would be a lousy way to close this story out. Again though this show has the pattern of hanging a person's life out there with all signs pointing to their death and they don't.

2. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Without a threat to life and limb, there would be no real cliffhanger, would there? It is the simplest thing for the writers to put someone in peril, because peril creates tension.

I am really feeling that Sara will not be dead (as Grissom would be a broken man as a result) but rather more likely in a position where she may or may not come back to working in the future. I am thinking this may be a test to see ratings and audience reaction to such a scenerio. It wouldn't be shocking to see at least 5 shows worth of this sort of thing.

3. Grizzom

Grizzom Witness

I am past wondering if Sara will die, because I am positive that she won't. For me, the only suspense in the opening episode is in how they will handle it. Who of the team will weep openly at some point or will some or all just act mildly depressed? Will Sara be conscious when she is found or a limp form? Will Grissom and Sara lock lips at last? We know that Ecklie doesn't come in until episode 2, so we have to wait for that payoff another week. And finally, between which episodes will there be some significant elapsed time to bring them forward from last spring to this fall?

4. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

very good questions grizzom, and i agree with all of them. i don't really want to know much more before the ep airs, because then whatever element of surprise is left at this moment will be completely shot when i watch it!
    i'm anxious to see everyone's reactions emotionally... we get small clues from the promo's of warrick's and nick's and caht's and a lot of griss... but even like ...greg, and david, and doc robbins and brass and hell sofia...and the lab rats...
    sara's my favorite character so i jsut want to see if they show what she really means to the rest of the lab.
    i can hardly wait 5 days 22 hours and 10 minutes to see the answers to all of our questions and more!!

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: Season Premiere: "Dead Doll" Discussion *SPOILERS*

REMINDER from page/post one on How the discussion threads work. Please Be sure to read all of the quoted part as this will not be posted in every discussion thread.
    Thank you.

6. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

*random thoughts*

Just watched one of the promos again for the premier and noted the looks on both Nick and Warricks face when they entered the liar of Miniature Killer. (Natalie's Apartment)

I can just imagine the disgust and hatred they'd be feeling, seeing all the work, drawings, etc that Natalie had posted up. I know they are not really suppose to get emotionally involved in any way, with a case they are working on, but in this case...how can they not with one of their own, missing?

7. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

It is another issue of the difference between TV and the real world - in the real world, a different agency would likely be called in to do the work, with the CSI group being excluded because they are involved (and are indirectly victims). I would suspect it would be "All FBI, All the time". But in TV land, we accept that they can work on their own stuff.

8. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

yeah, I kinda figured that much...under those circumstances especially. Wouldn't that be considered a conflict of interest in the real world?? *shrugs*

Ah the wonders of TV land...where ANYTHING can happen :lol:

9. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I can't believe there are still people out there who actually believe that Sara will die. Won't happen.

I wonder if the coyote scene will still be in this episode? I like it when they use animals in a scene, particularly non-domestic animals. Back in season 5, the prop people used the fakest looking bear in the world for a dead bear that Doc Robbins was doing a necropsy on, and it cheapened that episode. Let's see how the coyote looks.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'm just ready for all of this to be "resolved", as they say it will, and for the show to return to focusing on the crimes. I've always liked Sara's character on its own as well as Grissom's, but together...nah.

11. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Maybe CBS is going to give us its own version of "Bionic Woman." :p

Are we sure the case will be resolved in the first episode? Could it possibly end with Sara not being found? Not for several weeks, even?

12. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Well, we've been waiting for months. If they don't get everything resolved in the first episode (in a satisfying manner, without seeming to rush through things), I will be like... !@#*$&@#(*W. All this waiting is killing meeeeee!

Anywhoo....

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Well, Naren Shankar has said (in TVGuide articles and other magazines, Carol Mendelsohn has also stated this) that everything will be resolved in the premiere. But it all comes down to how it is presented: was it rushed? good writing, good performances from the cast, good directing, and more.

With months of waiting, the anticipation level is high, and it is among all the fans, even those who are wishing Sara doesn't return. The thing is, as I stated above, even though they may resolve everything in the first episode, if they rush through everything to get to it, it's totally pointless.

14. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Death is only one of the many options that effectively would remove the Sara character from the show. Death, dismemberment, long term medical care for physical injuries, long term medical care for emotional issues, Sara choosing to go on sabbatical, Sara choosing to leave CSI, Sara choosing to go to police academy to return as a detective, issues revolving around GSR in the workplace.

A complete and clean resolution that doesn't make a mockery of things would be nice, regardless out of the outcome for the characters. Then we can all get back to crimes, puzzles, and solving the mysteries which is way more fun.

15. adrenaline_rush

adrenaline_rush Victim

ok, good point, but remeber that saras history is a dark one, she is scarred as it is, i think she could handle an attack on her own life if she was able to handle her mother killing her father after YEARS of abuse... i mean sara is a strong and loved character, to get rid of her means to get rid of alot of constant viewers...people will lose interest UNLESS there is a new romance or someting, but the majority people would freak out