Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** Sneak a Peek!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle turned 17 on July 6-if the show is at Sept then he already turned 17. He was 16 when he was in jail-remember the judge who remanded him to detention said "even though you are only 16 you will tried as an adult since kidnapping was an adult crime". So wonder if Kyle is in like 11 or 12 grade now-maybe hang out with a party crowd. Good luck parenting on that one Horatio-wonder what the kid's curfew would be like in house of Caine?? haha midnight or what?

'Power Trip' seems like a neat episode. Electrocutions and serial killers related to the past have been long done but I like that the connection is to a year before season 1.

It would be cool if they had flashbacks to the case (not sure if they will) but I can't imagine them trying to make the lab look uh, dark? :lol: But then again, Horatio may not have even been in the lab too much at that time (simply the task force) as Megan was the one in charge until Horatio was given her position. The others though would have been at the lab as mentioned above. Not sure about the timeline on that but I doubt TPTB even remember anything past season 5 anyhow.

And thanks for the promo for next week. :D Not a fan of the accident but the episode has a good premise.

Eric would not have been there because at the beginning of the series he had just started in the lab. I remember that he didn't know that Megan's husband had been killed in action, and that was why she was on leave. The team would have been Megan, H, Speed and Calleigh, that we know of. We don't know who Eric replaced. That would make an interesting episode, maybe. I don't know if Tripp worked with H back then or not. But even if they weren't on the task force, Eric, Ryan and Natalia could still know about the case simply because they were living in the area and working somewhere in the police department at the time. Sounds like an interesting premise.

But even if they weren't on the task force, Eric, Ryan and Natalia could still know about the case simply because they were living in the area and working somewhere in the police department at the time.

If this was supposed to have happened 8 years ago, I don't think Ryan would have a cop yet. He would have most likely still been in college (he's only 27). And I think he was supposed to have moved to Miami from Boston (I think it was Boston), so at 19, he probably would have still been in Boston. But, he still could have heard about it via the internet or news I guess. Or Ryan's relative who was in law enforcement could have mentioned the case to him or something. I'm still convinced one of his relatives was in law enforcement due to H saying that being a cop was in Ryan's blood.

^^Watch Horatio secretly be Ryan's dad, and Horatio is the only one that knows it haha!

And it's mentioned that Ryan went to college in Boston, so I highly doubt he finished college at 19 haha...If that was possible I would be out of college by now....

I'm thinking that maybe the same killer person was in Boston and had the same MO.

But then there's Billy.....

Kyle turned 17 on July 6-if the show is at Sept then he already turned 17. He was 16 when he was in jail-remember the judge who remanded him to detention said "even though you are only 16 you will tried as an adult since kidnapping was an adult crime". So wonder if Kyle is in like 11 or 12 grade now-maybe hang out with a party crowd. Good luck parenting on that one Horatio-wonder what the kid's curfew would be like in house of Caine?? haha midnight or what?
Turning 17 in July would put him in 11th grade. I would know, I'm in 11th grade and I turn 17 in a month. :beer:

Hahaha, I bet Horatio would make Kyle's curfew really early. And frankly, who can blame him? The kid's already been to juvie and jail! :lol:

^^Watch Horatio secretly be Ryan's dad, and Horatio is the only one that knows it haha!

:lol: that would be funny. But, if Horatio knew, I think he would say so... at least to Ryan, if no one else. I mean, I would think Ryan would have a right to know. But, it would be hysterical considering that Horatio always calls him "Mr. Wolfe". :lol: And very rarely calls him Ryan.

:lol: that would be funny. But, if Horatio knew, I think he would say so... at least to Ryan, if no one else. I mean, I would think Ryan would have a right to know. But, it would be hysterical considering that Horatio always calls him "Mr. Wolfe". :lol: And very rarely calls him Ryan.
That would be pretty funny...but Horatio would have had to been like 18. I suppose it's possible...:lol:

so are the spoilers for "bombshell" really that Julia is bi-polar or depressed? that would be a hot topic to tackle s/l wise since it's been awhile since somebody had a mental issue. And if she's rich but now all alone without a husband/boyfriend than shopping or obsessing about stuff would be one way to fill up her time.

so are the spoilers for "bombshell" really that Julia is bi-polar or depressed? that would be a hot topic to tackle s/l wise since it's been awhile since somebody had a mental issue. And if she's rich but now all alone without a husband/boyfriend than shopping or obsessing about stuff would be one way to fill up her time.

No what is going with Julia is part of the secondary storyline. The main storyline is about an explosion at a boutique and the woman who is killed in the explosion. At least those were the spoilers that I read and how I interpretted them.

No what is going with Julia is part of the secondary storyline. The main storyline is about an explosion at a boutique and the woman who is killed in the explosion. At least those were the spoilers that I read and how I interpretted them.

Also, I don't believe the spoilers actually said she was bipolar. It was just speculation by some of us on the boards. She's having some shopping frenzy issues, and certainly some emotional problems, so it's not unlikely that she could have bipolar disorder.

TV Guide:

Question: So, we were looking forward to the season premiere of CSI: Miami. We actually do like it. Never thought the acting was God-awful, though the Caruso sunglass removal is a bit much sometimes. But last Monday's broadcast has me wondering if we were watching a totally different show. It seemed almost cobbled together, and I am not sure what was worse: the script or the players' attempt to interpret it. My husband was in and out of sleep and even commented on the lack of acting skill. Also, I believe David Caruso set a new personal record for the sunglass removal. Emily Proctor was a beautiful woman, until she discovered either collagen or Botox. Anyway, it would appear the shark has been jumped. I feel better now. — Laurie O.

Matt Roush: Shark-jump spotting is not my favorite pastime, to put it mildly, but for me, this show effectively ended a few seasons back when Horatio rode a tsunami wave into town. There are times I can appreciate a show like CSI: Miami as fun, formulaic escapism, but the season opener went to a new level of ineffective incoherence. And yet it continues to bring in huge ratings. It's a lousy show lots that lots of people like, nothing new about that. And it generated quite a bit of colorful mail in the wake of recent complaints. Like this from Dewey: "What I find interesting is that the people who write in to complain continue to watch even though they claim to dislike the programs in question. They don't like the program but they can tell you in detail about each episode. Have you ever asked them why they continue to watch programs they don't like?"
I don't ask them, because there's no good answer. We watch what we watch because we enjoy it. For most of us, our favorite TV shows are a great escape, and CSI: Miami is the latest in a long line of shows about crime-fighting in a relatively exotic locale. (No wonder CBS is cooking up a remake of Hawaii Five-O.) No one's really expecting Emmy-caliber work here. But from the critical fence on which I sit and contemplate the current crime-drama glut, I have to set the quality bar somewhere. And this show no longer clears it.
Lori F. writes: "Reading your column, what strikes me as weird is that everyone gripes about David Caruso and his acting. The majority of the people hate him and his acting ability. I begin to wonder why CSI: Miami is consistently one of the top-rated shows each week. Is the reason the rest of the cast, or is it because of the hammed-up Caruso performance, which I dub the 'Shatner effect.' William Shatner is not the greatest actor in the world, but in general people love to watch him. Your thoughts? (P.S. I happen to love CSI: Miami, Caruso and all. I wish Eva LaRue's character and the actress would go away. I didn't like her on All My Children and like her even less on CSI: Miami.)"
It's always something. Look, for as many people who write in to gripe about Caruso, there are clearly millions of others who keep quiet and just enjoy the stylized nature of this character, which David Caruso appears to be trying to elevate to some sort of iconic status with his mannerisms. The Shatner analogy isn't a bad one, especially at this stage in his career, where he's made a quite amazing comeback by basically poking fun at his own image. Think of how washed-up Caruso was considered before CSI: Miami came along. The fact we're even arguing about him means something's going right.
And finally, this from Michael T: "Your opinion is your opinion, but do you think that some of us enjoy the show and don't want to hear you bash it? Some will find the setup ridiculous, yet others will find it intriguing. Was this constructive criticism or just the voice of someone that might not understand enough of the show and characters to comment? Whether we like David Caruso or not, we like the show enough to watch."
I would never deny the popularity of a show like CSI: Miami. But I also won't let its popularity cow me into keeping quiet about its flaws. You do realize this is a column written by a critic, right? Nothing I say should inhibit anyone from enjoying what they enjoy. At the same time, I do feel I have an obligation to speak out against shows that I might feel unworthy of said popularity, and to occasionally urge TV consumers to perhaps expect more and better, even from their favorite shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back