Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i got a question that i dont think i have seen an answer to but. how much do you think those camera's are that they use? lol . there pretty cool. i wish i could have one . and we'll s7 here we go. :thumbsup::rommie:

^So you mean it's just a scene they try out but not actually gonna air? I'm confused here... :confused:

Well if you remember that scene did happen in epsiode a few seasons ago. They are using the scene again (for role casting purposes only) as a tool for the person who is going to audition for the role so they know exactly what the producers are looking for in a character as far as an emotional response goes to a situation.....this "scene" or replay of a scene from an old ep is just for reference. It has no bearing on the upcoming season other than to help those auditioning for the role of the new M.E. and the producers who want to see them audition in a certain way.

They often do it....we just don't know it or see it.

I hope that helps ;)

Thanks for explaining it, it's nice to know how Csi:Miami works behind the scenes!
I would like to have Alexx back but if they have to give us a replacement I would like someone more human than that thing in Going Ballistic. The woman was ok....but the man...:vulcan:

^So you mean it's just a scene they try out but not actually gonna air? I'm confused here... :confused:

Well if you remember that scene did happen in epsiode a few seasons ago. They are using the scene again (for role casting purposes only) as a tool for the person who is going to audition for the role so they know exactly what the producers are looking for in a character as far as an emotional response goes to a situation.....this "scene" or replay of a scene from an old ep is just for reference. It has no bearing on the upcoming season other than to help those auditioning for the role of the new M.E. and the producers who want to see them audition in a certain way.

They often do it....we just don't know it or see it.

I hope that helps ;)

Thanks for explaining it, it's nice to know how Csi:Miami works behind the scenes!
I would like to have Alexx back but if they have to give us a replacement I would like someone more human than that thing in Going Ballistic. The woman was ok....but the man...:vulcan:
"That thing":guffaw: you couldn't express it better lusiana. Yeah he wasn't a human being.
I think the woman was perfect, in my opinion there wasn't e better introduction possible for a character like her but aww they shot her & they gave us that man:rolleyes:. I'd really love not to see him anymore.
Although Alexx coming back would be the best thing, well I'd like another person who talks to DBs. I really enjoyed this aspect of our fav. ME & I already miss it, plus I can't imagine Calleigh talking & working with another ME:vulcan:...I can imagine the others as it already happened in "Going Ballistic" but not Cal.

Surely I can't imagine Calleigh talk about her private problems with that thing:p. Awwww, how will she survive her jinx without Alexx?

Because mojo is mojo, darling:lol:! And none is better than Alexx. *cries on her keyboard*:(

Surely I can't imagine Calleigh talk about her private problems with that thing:p. Awwww, how will she survive her jinx without Alexx?

Because mojo is mojo, darling:lol:! And none is better than Alexx. *cries on her keyboard*:(

*crosses fingers* I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Alexx will return. Hopefully Khandi will work out whatever problems she had with the producers and they will (in a fit of sanity) bring her back to the show;)

Will September EVER get here???:confused:

The first time we have a real cliffhanger we risk to have to wait the end of a strike:eek:. I think I could see a bit of irony in the thing if it hadn't made me so sad...:( It's already hard to wait till september 22nd....

No, this is only yet another cliffy. In season three, we watched as Calleigh removed her name from the firearms duty board and, we can surmise, throw it in the trash before getting on the elevator. This was after her ex committed suicide on her own firing range.

Sorry, but with the devolvement of the Horatio Caine characater into the super comic book character of Super Horatio, I no longer care for that character on the show. Remove him/kill him off....okay, Miami will go on. Maybe it'll get a more realistic storyline. I'm getting tired of the gangland glorifying storylines (coming from someone that hears on a 5 out of 7 day basis that another public school child has been killed by gang gun fire...really sick to death of it. This is coming from a Public School in said Olympic bid city employee). I'm sorry if that's a bit of a rant, but 9 out of 10 of these innocent children (for me until you are 18 or older you are still children in my eyes as an educator) are just that...innocent and they would have grown to be people that would have made a positive contribution to society and made a difference in the world. This is a very sore sopt and I know a day will come when one of my former students' names will be read over the evening news. If CSIM could possible NOT glamorize gang life, that would be great.

Miami has been treated as the red-headed stepchild and this needs to change. Real ripped from the headline stories need to be written. I know of a story of a real life physician brutally murdered in his own office and international intrigue entangles the case. I won't give any more than that, except the wife of said physician is a good friend of mine and there is far more that I know of the case than the general public. The confessed killer lives in a French governed island. That's all I have to say.

CSIM needs to step up, as they have done for the post strike end of the season and keep the momentum going with more realistic investigations, please. They have pretty people, but so do the other two shows. Get 'em dirty and gross, for goodness' sake! Sara Sidle and "smells like death' CSILV comes to mind. So very funny!

Argh! I realize that I've ranted. So sorry. But things sometimes really get under my skin and the it all explodes.

Will September EVER get here???:confused:

Oh, please not so fast! I still need my season to act at our local Renaissance Faire (not a plug, yet in a way it is...look up recfaires.com and figure it out by opening date. Come out, see me and say hey if you can figure out who I am by reading ff.net Joust Murder) so I can get out my frustrated actor issues for another year. I am dying to see what the season premeire will be but I'm fearing vast lameness. See previous post. Anyway, I fear that what will be will be and I have mild hopes that characters other than Horatio will ghet major storylines.

^ Just a reminder that you have 24 hours to edit your post as opposed to double posting. :)

ladyd10 said:
CSIM needs to step up, as they have done for the post strike end of the season and keep the momentum going with more realistic investigations, please. They have pretty people, but so do the other two shows. Get 'em dirty and gross, for goodness' sake!

Exactly. I remember in the first few seasons there were floaters, ants, piles of human remains, victims eaten by sharks, people tortured and ties up in trees, others buried under dog houses, gritty shootouts, etc. Not to mention anyone trolling around the Everglades (see: Golden Parachute, Slow Burn, Nothing to Lose) would surely walk out with a few stains.

I think getting back down to basics would be a good move for next season, coupled with a continuation of character development. How's Eric doing? Where's Jake been? What are the team's thoughts on Alexx's departure? Is Calleigh dealing with her ordeal? How exactly is Ryan adjusting back with the team? Where's Yelina and Ray Jr? etc. As much as I love the action, the sexiness and Horatio's one-liners (purely for a good laugh and to escape RL), some seriousness needs to be brought back to give the show a little more credibility. It used to have some!

And so far I'm liking the idea of this new M.E. I hope we get some premiere spoilers soon.

Last edited:
The first time we have a real cliffhanger we risk to have to wait the end of a strike:eek:. I think I could see a bit of irony in the thing if it hadn't made me so sad...:( It's already hard to wait till september 22nd....

No, this is only yet another cliffy. In season three, we watched as Calleigh removed her name from the firearms duty board and, we can surmise, throw it in the trash before getting on the elevator. This was after her ex committed suicide on her own firing range.

Sorry, but with the devolvement of the Horatio Caine characater into the super comic book character of Super Horatio, I no longer care for that character on the show. Remove him/kill him off....okay, Miami will go on. Maybe it'll get a more realistic storyline. I'm getting tired of the gangland glorifying storylines (coming from someone that hears on a 5 out of 7 day basis that another public school child has been killed by gang gun fire...really sick to death of it. This is coming from a Public School in said Olympic bid city employee). I'm sorry if that's a bit of a rant, but 9 out of 10 of these innocent children (for me until you are 18 or older you are still children in my eyes as an educator) are just that...innocent and they would have grown to be people that would have made a positive contribution to society and made a difference in the world. This is a very sore sopt and I know a day will come when one of my former students' names will be read over the evening news. If CSIM could possible NOT glamorize gang life, that would be great.

Miami has been treated as the red-headed stepchild and this needs to change. Real ripped from the headline stories need to be written. I know of a story of a real life physician brutally murdered in his own office and international intrigue entangles the case. I won't give any more than that, except the wife of said physician is a good friend of mine and there is far more that I know of the case than the general public. The confessed killer lives in a French governed island. That's all I have to say.

CSIM needs to step up, as they have done for the post strike end of the season and keep the momentum going with more realistic investigations, please. They have pretty people, but so do the other two shows. Get 'em dirty and gross, for goodness' sake! Sara Sidle and "smells like death' CSILV comes to mind. So very funny!

Argh! I realize that I've ranted. So sorry. But things sometimes really get under my skin and the it all explodes.

Oh, God! The 3rd season finale...shame on me, I hadn't though about it:alienblush:!

You know, I'm the first to say that CSI:Miami has lost the original charme of dumster diving and realistic crime solving. Let's say cool and trendy clothes are not what you expect from a crime scene investigator...;)
Where are the horrible white suites? Ugly but, at least, you could not contaminate a crime scene... Have you ever seen someone dressed like Natalia or Calleigh work on a real crime scene?
Of course, avoiding to talk about what justice has become for a certain red-head...Miami justice. I would ever be proud of something like that, but maybe it's just me...

Why I keep on watching CSI:Miami? Because I've been doing it for seven years, some characters are just part of my TV life! And then there is always the thing that a TV show, realistic or not, is always a TV show. Reality will always be another thing, so till I keep that in mind, I don't expect a TV show to be realistic.

Ok, ok. CSI:Miami has lost a lot of connection with reality but the problem is: Who watches it and how they watch it. It's terrible to think that a gang is cool for me even if CSI:M makes it cool and the people I know think the same...maybe because when I was younger my mother was with me there at home, telling me: Lusiana, keep in mind the reality is another really different thing!, and I had people at school who stubbornly tried and succeeded in teaching me the real distinction between reality and fiction, between justice and vengeance and a lot of other things.

A lot of things are different in real life. I've made my researches and I know that most of the people who commit crimes do that for poverty and hopelessness. In 2004, 36 million people lived under the average of poverty in the USA. So not the well dressed handsome guys we see on Tv.

I agree with you, it's terrible that people can think that crime is cool. It will never be! What amazes me is that people can be so naive to think that, watching a TV show. God, it's a TV show. People who pretend to be someone else in a set!

Ok, end of my rambling! I just hope I've been able to explain what I'm thinking. It's not so simple in English...(and you were not ranting, it's a good thing that someone talks about the difference between real life and CSI:Miami, there are a lot of young people here, a good adult speech can't do any harm, can it?)

BTW, I also dream a good storyline for other characters than Horatio, you know, being Calleigh's fan!;)

**reads lusiana's post**:eek: you go girl:thumbsup:

Ok I always watched CSI:Miami in order to get away from reality cause I know it's a TV show not a daily representation of the real life in the world.
Reality is not always good and maybe after a bad day you come home & watch TV to get away from your day ordeal & to have fun.
I know it's a crime show & I know that crimes are bad but gosh it's a TV show....it can be realistic 100% cause if I wanted it to be realistic I'd watch a crime documentary (and trsut there a lot of them on TV:rolleyes:).

I began watching CSI:LV & I enjoyed it but sometimes I found it a little bit too realistic in certain aspects (for example on a crime scene at least they have a vest with CSI written on it and it's very difficult to see Cath or Sara with heels or stilettos like Cal, Nat & Alexx always do on a crime scene) not that I don't enjoy it but still it's something too realistic.
CSI:Miami was created with a completely different mind...there was a lot of team spirit: I'm pretty sure it's normal for two co-workers like Tim & Delko to go out to the same club in Miami as they showed us but I was alreayd sure about it even before "Tinder Box". This is such an enjoyable thing to see on a TV show, I love it...it's realistic but it was a happy moment although then there was a crime:rolleyes:.

As for the crimes I don't want them to be too realistic & to be built in a very dramatic way cause we have plenty of newscastes which always tell us "we had a brutal homicide committed by the mother of the victim" with plenty of details about it. But at the same time I don't want them to be too comic or enjoyable to watch.
Atlhough it's very unrealistic, I'm ok with good looking & well dressed guys kindapping a CSI (in all honesty if I see a boy like Tommy I won't think he could kindap me for that reason:lol:) because they did it in a semi-realistic way. As lusiana said I'm sure that not all criminals are as rich as they tend to show us, but I'm ok with it cause it's not reality.
I'm the first one to love a lot of bad guys on CSI:Miami (but I'm aware they're not real & know exactly the difference betwen reality & a TV show) such as Hank Kerner (probably the only true bad guy. He made me smile more than once when he treatened Cal because of his attitude, but he was a realistic bad boy & I wanted to kill him whene he killed Calleigh's best friend) and Clavo Cruz (kinda the same motives of Hank Kerner. He made me smile more than once whenever he talked with H but he was such a bad boy)
But I don't enjoy bad characters like Stuart Otis ( I hate him, he was a pedophile. I don't think there's a worst crime ever on hert. He was probably one of the most realistic bad people on Miami but I hated him.) or Ron Saris (I think he is one of the most unrealistic bad people ever. I'm not able to consider him as a criminal. He crackes me up whenever he talks with H & in all honesty I don't think he'd been able to shoot him. I'm one of the people who tend to exclude him as a suspect.)

CSI:Miami was created in a very good way in terms of difference between reality and TV show especially during s1-s3.
I think s2 was the best one in these terms. I'm pretty sure nobody thinks that a hurricane can make a bullet in a pail shoot a woman while she was arguing with her husband but oh boy it was built up in such a good way that I really enjoyed the reconstrucion Cal made about it & I knew that, luckily, these things don't happen in reality.
Plus CSI:Miami was like a fairy tale. Good people always beat bad people. The alwasy caught the criminal and they did it in a very clever way: intuition or science but I always enjoyed it.
Now, always being like a fairy tale could be boring but come on they added too much drama and they added it in such a bad way, although after the strike they're stepping up.
It's like reading comics. We have SuperH (maybe he'd be able to fly in the future:eek:), BulletGirl (with all the attempts to her life she neverd endend up with a scratch:wtf:) and a person like Eric (who works as CSI with bullet in his temporal lobe:rolleyes:) and the crime scenes well...they aren't paid sufficient attention.
What I'm trying to say is that Miami needs to be better-balanced cause now it's way too unrealistic. I think a show should be semi-ralistic (as it was s1-s3) with lots of bad moments and enoyable moments in the same episodes.

All I can say now is "I can't wait for s7 to arrive";) yeah cause I enjoy all the characters and all the storylines, although they sometimes piss me off.
I watched this show since the beginning, I always enjoyed it & its characters that I can't imagine myself not watching it anymore.

Oh boy this is such a gret discussion. I love these kind of rantings and ramblings;)

ps: Oh s3 finale...gosh I was scared when Calleigh removed her name from the firearms duty board. I was shocked during the whole episode & it kept me thinking for 3 months "will she come back????":eek: Thank God she did it.

I do miss the days of the dirt & grime, I'd like to see that again, & some murders that aren't just "oh, they were shot"...that's boring. Some blood and guts, please! :cool:
~~
I don't blame CSI:Miami, or any other crime show, for crimes that young adults are commiting today. They can pick it up anywhere, not just from television. Look at all the movies in theatres that show whackos commiting gruesome crimes...played by famous celebrities who kids tend to look up to. Not to mention what they see & hear about in the news, papers, magazines, & all the other publicized sources. I would think that could warp a kid's mind more than the "full of cheese and glitz" crimes they show on Miami.
~~
Miami is my "escape" and I enjoy it. I can watch the news and I'm left feeling paranoid for my own kids & family; it's scary cause it is real! But when I watch CSI, I'm fully aware that it's for entertainment, so it doesn't bother me.
What's irritating is watching a TV show that's supposed to be "reality", & it's more scripted & unrealistic than CSI:Miami!:rolleyes:

I do miss the days of the dirt & grime, I'd like to see that again, & some murders that aren't just "oh, they were shot"...that's boring. Some blood and guts, please!
~~
I don't blame CSI:Miami, or any other crime show, for crimes that young adults are commiting today. They can pick it up anywhere, not just from television. Look at all the movies in theatres that show whackos commiting gruesome crimes...played by famous celebrities who kids tend to look up to. Not to mention what they see & hear about in the news, papers, magazines, & all the other publicized sources. I would think that could warp a kid's mind more than the "full of cheese and glitz" crimes they show on Miami.
~~

Yes, I agree that the kids I was speaking about don't get the violence from tv exclusively and most of them wouldn't watch the CSI shows if you paid them anyway. They're mostly getting it from their neighborhoods and video games and movies. I just dislike the "bling" that CSIM tends to tag onto fictional gangs like the Mala Noche, despite the fact that as a season story arc, it worked nicely. The whole Rio thing was just overdone, despite the fact that I liked Calleigh in charge of the Lab.

I will admit, I loved Clavo Cruz and was sorry that he was killed because he was such a great, tragically flawed character with a great deal of depth played by an astronomically talented actor who I am actively watching to pop up somewhere else on tv or the movies. Gonzalo Menendez rocks. CSIM has had a lot of "likeable" bad guys, like the dope dealer that sold Delko weed in season four. The actor was engaging. Honestly, he was really funny because he was so realistic.He wasn't given particularly spectacular lines, he just made the world's best lemonade with them. I know guys who will grow up to be like him....personality wise, not necessarily choice of career.

A lot of time, the casting directors' choice of guest actor is so brilliant that the writers ought to slap themselves when they write something so unbelievably lame for the regulars. I'd like to see those things that others have mentioned here in regards to how the characters are dealing with individual issues, the most recent with the series of things Calleigh has had to deal with in a very short amount of time. One can only sweep escalating amounts of emotional upheaval under the pretty Persian carpet for so long before it starts moving emotional furniture. (note to self-no writing while sipping Irish meade...things come out far too poetic)

Anyway, this rambling was an attempt to clarify my position and to add my voice to the others that have called for character development and continuity issues to be resolved.

Well, I totally agree with the 'Rio' bit. I didn't see the purpose in having him go back there for a 30 second shootout in the jungle, & then fly back to Miami in a matter of 15 minutes:rolleyes: Was there supposed to be a point in that?:wtf: I must have missed it, if there was one.

I also agree with the characters vs. guest stars. They get all the good stuff, & quite honestly I could care less about seeing them. I swear in one episode the dead person had more screen time than some of the regulars...it's ridiculous, we know thier dead, yes thier pretty, but yeah, I don't give a crap, I want to see those who I tune in for every week...the CSIs...ALL of them!

Oh, & it's time to lose the same alligator shot that they've been showing since episode 1, and the Miami backdrops. It's beautiful, but if they cut out all that extra stuff we might possibly see more of the beautiful cast!

I didn't see the purpose in having him go back there for a 30 second shootout in the jungle, & then fly back to Miami in a matter of 15 minutes:rolleyes: Was there supposed to be a point in that?:wtf: I must have missed it, if there was one.

The only reason for that was to get him out of Miami so Ron wouldn't try to kill him. It was kind of devious on Julia's part to send him there, but she was actually trying to protect him in her own weird way. :lol: But as action packed as the shootout in Rio scene was, it went on a little too long IMO. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back