Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the original ending was suppose to be a cliffhanger in the first place then they wouldnt have had to change it because JF didnt want to die. Come on now. I pretty much like everyone equally on the cast, but I am sure that if it were one of your favorite characters you wouldnt believe it either.

You know Jorja doesn't sound like the type who would pull a PR stunt.

who knows if it's true. We'll have to see in the finale if she dies or not.

Wow that is some news if its true. I'm sure we will find out soon enough! Crap I'm just worried why they had to reshoot MH if it is true?

Hate to say this, but I'm actually on Jorja's side... well, depending on how much of a pay rise she wants. If she and a few of the other actors are only earning $100,000 per episode, than they should get something of a payrise. Nothing too big, though. I'd love to be on that kind of money.

Secondly, I support Jorja in not showing up for the 'death scene'. Though I'm not a big fan of Sara I do not want them to kill her off so soon after revealing her relationship with Grissom. That is just plain soapie material, and the last thing I want to do is have to start calling CSI a soapie rather than a drama. I've seen it happen on one too many shows.

The way they handled the death of Aiden in CSI:NY and Speedle in CSI:Miami was good, but what they're planning for Sara? I hate it. It's just a stunt to attract more viewers, that's all. It does not tie in at all. If Jorja does leave the show, I want her to do it when she wants, the way she wants. And honestly, not all characters have to die. Why not just transfer her? What's wrong with that? No harm in it at all.

Edit: And just as an aside, that last supposed pay dispute? It's common knowledge that George slept in (we've all done it), and Jorja did send in her contract - via snail mail. Everyone else faxed theirs and it made it on time. Jorja's arrived late. Can't trust the post.

Well let's say the article is true...and she did this...then I'm afraid she's lost respect in my book. Sorry, but I think her actions are a bit unprofessional...and she isn't just screwing the show...but everyone else that is on the cast. If she is fighting for more money again...what the heck...greed is such a sad thing...and a result of her behavior of not signing yet sort of makes me think she could have been holding out because she's not satisfied with the money she already makes. :rolleyes: Which because of that...she's the one that made CSI soapie...

If she would have signed...then we probably would not be sitting hear reading about the seven season finale that sounds like shark bait. That's my opinion anyhow. Of course we don't know for sure...so I'm holding on judgement...this could be another ploy just to get us watching.

If not...just like you pabzi I'm worried...why the sudden rewrite with MH. I swear if she ends up getting hurt again...which could be possible if they decide to continue on from the beginning of this season. Okay so just a bit worried is all...

i guess we will simply have to wait and see the final episode and next season. It aint over till...you know the rest

http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/prin...chael_starr.htm

May 2, 2007 -- JORJA Fox was supposed to die at the end of "CSI" this year - but she has refused to show up on the set to film her "death scene," according to a published report.

A salary dispute with CBS was at the bottom of the unusual stand-off.

Unhappy with Fox's demands, execs decided to kill off her "CSI" character, Sara Sidle, who's romantically involved with boss Gil Grissom (William Petersen).

Fox was scheduled to film Sara's death scene late last month, when her character was supposed to be crushed by a car for the May 17 season finale.

But Fox refused to show up on the set, according to a report that first appeared in the Star.

It forced the show to film an alternate ending - including last-minute script rewrites and flying co-star Marg Helgenberger from L.A. to Vegas for re-shoots,

Fox's rep told The Post yesterday that the actress' future on the show was indeed up in the air.

"Her contract is up and they are in conversations," said the spokeswoman.

The spokeswoman insisted however that Fox did appear on the set to shot the eventual finale, which she called "open ended."

CBS officials declined to comment yesterday.

The re-shoots, done on location over a weekend, cost CBS a bundle - pushing up costs on a show that, because of its heavy reliance on special effects, is already expensive to produce.

This was not Fox's first salary dispute with the show.

In 2004, she and co-star George Eads, who plays Nick Stokes, were fired by CBS after refusing to come to work during a contract dispute.

They were re-hired a few days later.

Fox reportedly rakes in $100,000-per-episode and was demanding a "major raise."

CBS reportedly offered her a "moderate raise," which she balked at.

The gap-toothed Fox, who turns 38 in July, has starred on "CSI" since the crime show launched in 2000.

"CSI" has launched two successful spinoffs, "CSI: New York," starring Gary Sinise, and "CSI: Miami," starring David Caruso.

I just thought of another reason I don't want them to kill off Sara. What would it do to Grissom? It would destroy him, without a doubt. We've seen his fear of losing her before in Butterflied and how he reacted. This could be the icing on the cake, leading to a complete breakdown and an exit of his character from the show. A breakup he could probably survive; her death would kill him. Not literally, but inside.

I trust neither of those sources. "The Star" is, well, notorious for spreading false rumours.

But whatever, bias as I may be to it - I still think it's untrue.

Perhaps hurting Catherine, instead of Sara would be a light in the rain for all you fans who are sick and tired of seeing Sara. :rolleyes:

Well, since it IS the New York Post, I will give her some benefit of the doubt...

BUT this isn't the first time she has had salary issues, so I am betting that some of the story is true. I really don't like it when TV actors do this. I know I am not the biggest Sara fan, but I do like her character (when she isn't around Grissom, haha). I wouldn't like it if any of the actors do this. My biggest beef with tv actors, they always start to think they are all that, then leave the show that made them famous. In all fairness though, it doesn't sound like CSI treats them all that well. Rory (who played Speed) wanted to leave the show, but come back for guest appearances, which would have rocked, but tptb wanted to teach him a lesson for leaving, and said if he wanted to leave, then they were going to kill him so he couldn't come back. Also, they fired Jorja and George to teach the actors a lesson...although George said in an interview that it was a 'humbling experience', so I wonder if they were demanding more than CBS felt they were worth.

With all the rumours about her wanted to do movies and stuff...maybe some of this is true. If it is, she isn't the smartest, like all the other tv actors who become famous because of a hit show, then leave to do movies, because they are not good enough to do tv. She is famous because of CSI, she should stick with it as long as possible. Only $100,000 an eppy?? Poor her :rolleyes: Actors are the most over paid people in our society.

Well let's say the article is true...and she did this...then I'm afraid she's lost respect in my book.
I totally agree. If that article is true, she needs to get over herself. She gets paid $100,000 per episode for gosh sakes. And not showing up for her death scene... Well I don't even want to go there. I mean, how immature and selfish is that? Making Marg fly back to LV and the writers having to write a whole different ending...

I hope that's not true, because it's rediculous.

Oh I think they shouldn't complain at all about their salaries.. But when your co-workers are making 3, 4x the amount you are - I'd request to be up there too.. I mean, at least she's not asking for a million per episode :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back