Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I had a thought.
    Wasn't there a show a few years ago...maybe Seinfeld or Friends or something, that wrote two different scripts for a finale because of spoilers?

It makes no sense to me that CBS would release ALL THAT INFORMATION in sides. Aren't sides for extras to audition?

I think that they did it on purpose in order to confuse us.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Sides are used for casting someone they may contain a few lines from the ep but not the entire ep, from what I understand they are just for testing people for the roles. Also I don't think it would be smart for networks, etc to put them on the net (paying or not to get them), I mean you get them, you don't get the job, you get ticked off and post or give the info to others and bam its out there as a spoiler.

Alot of shows have or are doing that with two separate scripts, but alot of times writers will make up the script but anything that gets out as a spoiler or what have you, its usually before changes are made, ie edits, change in dialog, scene changes, etc.

So what might have been released/stolen whatever it was could be pre-taping script if so they can just make a few changes and be done, and before folks say "But they are shooting" keep in mind they can do the changed in mid-shoot, alot of shows do last minute changes.

Besides the legal issues involved this is one reason that we do not allow scripts of any kind to be posted, this includes "casting sides". While some sites may have reliable spoilers, nothing is set in stone until the ep airs, therefore spoilers should be treated as speculation and not as factual happenings. In the case of the finale, we don't know exactly what happened for sure, but we do know that whatever it was we don't want to deal with the legal fallout that might come from it. ;)

3. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

that makes sense Destiny ...so i guess we will have to wait and see what happens when the episode actually airs

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I am pretty sure Nick said IOWA not Idaho, I've watched it again and that's what it sounds like to me.

5. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Iowa. I think both were.

6. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

not many episodes left before we find out what is really going on...i cant wait!!!

7. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

The good news, is that Canadians can enter the contest!! I was so surprised, but they have commercials on CTV to enter it...

8. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

I totally agree and YAY--It's so true! :)

9. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the contract situation is all a ploy by TPTB - if she signed, we'd know she didn't die at the end. The not knowing what is going on (which is weird in the age of the internet) is what will make the episode suspenseful. I think this is also why they are getting so fiesty over spoilers being leaked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This could be very true. One of my friend's watches Grey's and it is rumored that two of the characters aren't signing on for next year.

THe thing with Jorja Fox...is if we knew she signed I could see the writers going a different way with the finale. That is just my opinion. Seriously why are they going to throw Sara in harm's way this season? That story line almost seems a way to end things, and almost unrealistic to the point of no return. This has happened too much already to the characters on the show. I almost think it's not good news, but that is just my opinion. I mean how many lifes are these characters going to have?

Granted I get CSI is dramatic...but it has never been overly dramatic, and to me have three csi's in one season nearly killed or a victim of a crime is a bit much especially if they all live.

10. Veze

Veze Rookie

I just find that you can go on miniaturekiller.ca for canadian participation. Great :D

ETA: I just read the rules for canadians: "To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding quebec) and be over the age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides."

:mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :(

11. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

oh no! that sucks :( That always seems to happen with canadian contests, maybe some of the laws in Quebec are different.

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Promo for Leapin Lizards is up at CBS/Innertube. Here

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

^^^ that looks good and is that Ally Sheedy?? from Breakfast Club?
    you know who is missing from that episode is Vartann. I can just see him trying to talk to one of those people who think aliens are going to rule the world!

14. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Did anyone say he won't be in it?
    Is there any hope left for the wonderful Tony Vartann?

15. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Tony Vartann.. Boy CSI must be lacking in the financial department to deprive all these workers their work! *cough*warrick*cough*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.