Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

sara's story would be good if grissom wasnt there

and i agree i dont think the writers will ever make ne1 happy, but the best way would have been to have no canon ship. having one with so many characters and possible ships was always bound to make the show crash and burn, the loss of 1/4 of their viewers proves it. not to mention they chose the moast hated ship, smart move that one

not to mention their characters are much better and stronger apart. together they dumb each other down. and sara looses like 99% of her hotness when gris enters the room

2. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

myfuturecsi : I agree with you to a point. Grissom is the "leading man" in CSI, and as such, many of the stories touch him more directly than others. Even in situations where other characters are getting a major or minor arc, those story arcs often involve Grissom in some manner. For many people, this is probably why the current Keppler episodes feel weird, because we are all use to everything having a Grissom piece to it, which is currently missing.

Catherine has gotten way more than her share of the story arcs, but mostly because her character was developed very early in season one to have a fuller life. Stripper turned CSI, single mother, annoying Ex, and ta-da, Sam Braun is "daddy". Interestingly the writers have done a very good job to clean up many of her messy little loose ends, killing off the two main pains in her life, and even locking up her mentor so she has nobody outside of the system to turn to.

I will say this: The interplay between the characters on these medium to long term personal arcs is interesting, and doesn't detract from the crime stories themselves. I thought that the time during the intial lab split and the horrible Eckley episodes were much worse, and were actually a low time in CSI with a whole run of only a single crime scene per episode and way too much time spent away from solving crimes. This season has been much better, and I have truly been looking forward to Thursday nights where I might have been happier before to wait for a torrent.

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ You gave great points, Raw_Alex, however, somehow, it seems to me that the team haven't really reunited in this season. Season 5 was a low point, on the other hand, though, I liked how they expressed the conflicts and the pain. Most of the case ideas of season 7 so far are quite interesting, but the writers failed to give them good developments and they seem to always end lousily. And it still looks like the CSIs are divided to two teams. We always see the same CSIs working together and we never see them chat in the breakroom anymore, which makes people wonder whether the reunion makes any sense at all. CSI now lacks the great team dynamics it used to have, even in season 5.

Back on topic...bummer the beard won't be there for long if the spoilers are true.

4. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

What is known about the episode Empty Eyes, other than that is a Sara episode? I couldn't get too far on YTDAW without becoming extremely irritated, so I stopped trying after page 4.

5. Wynterblue

Wynterblue Dead on Arrival

That's pretty much it pabzi, it's Sara Sidle's "very special episode". She gets called in on her night off, finds a live victim, said victim dies in her arms and Sara is on a crusade to catch the killer. Which, she does. Warrick, Nick, Grissom, Sofia, Brass, and I think a little Greg are all there as foils, but it's CSaraInvestigate.

Greg is worried, Nick is internalizing, Grissom is actually catching on, and Warrick.... er, well, I don't know about Warrick, but if he is called on to look upset, it'll probably come off as constipated. I love GD, but he has trouble showing certain emotions.

This episode is supposed to be a continuation to the whole "what's eating Sara Sidle" arc the writers are working on. But I'll admit, it reads as a nice segue to Sara's departure [guess that depends on who signed what for when]. ;)

eta: Doesn't it seem weird that the CSI's are finding live victims all of a sudden? Nick finds the cheerleader [and I will refrain from quoting "Heros"] in 7x17 and Sara finds the showgirl in 7x18.

6. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Nick finds a live vic in 7x17? Didn't hear that.
    Departure...I'm curious as to who signed for season 8...and if there is a season 8...
    My opinion is...well, I don't like Sara, at all. So I'm not crazy about the CSaraInvestigation thing. Not at all. There are other CSIs too. When has Warrick last had a story?

7. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

My understanding is that all of the main players except JF are signed through season 8, which is part of what has given rise to the "Sara is leaving" or "Sara goes off the deep end" discussions.

8. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Erm, Sara hasn't had a real strong episode since, like, "Comitted" in season 5. I'm glad to see she's getting a story, again. Warrick seems to be very prominent in 7x17... And, hopefully, they'll get Nick some time in there, too. It's an ensemble cast that's grown too big... Hard to give everyone the time and attention they deserve.

9. Dalnabe

Dalnabe Hit and Run

That's a very good point. We don't get quality just by having a larger quantity of characters, but TPTB won't understand. I felt exactly the same when I was re-wathing the season 1 episodes where I could name every main worker by heart.

10. Wynterblue

Wynterblue Dead on Arrival

Didn't know about it either until I read this:

"A major break in the case comes when Megan is discovered broken and bloody in a ravine off a road near campus. When Grissom and Nick arrive at the scene, Nick finds a pulse. Megan is severely injured as a result of being hit by a car, but still clinging to life."

Here's the whole synopsis:
    http://www.csifiles.com/news/240107_01.shtml

I guess things are looking up if you're a victim on CSI. At least there's a 50/50 shot you might not be dead. Of course, watch I said something and now Nick and Grissom don't get to save the cheerleader, save the..... d'oh! You get what I mean. Until you see it, take it with a grain of salt ;)

11. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

oh no, I do not want to see this episode. I hope sara and grissom don't touch each other, nasty. I don't care if sara has a storyline, but whenever she is on a crusade, it brings out the worst of her character. Being around grissom always brings out the worst of her too, double whammy! I don't know how GSR fans don't notice how she is always depressed when she is around him.

12. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

I'm sorry but you just made me spill my drink laughing! Thanks I needed that.

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Yeah, it does. And remember Greg stopped a victim from being killed and ended up a walking bruise!

14. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

It's weird to have so many such incidents so close together, but it's not the first time they've found a live victim. I can't recall all of them, but wasn't there one in S5 where Greg processed a female burn victim and she was in intensive care? And Sara processed a rape victim who survived her first attack but was later raped and murdered.

I'm not a huge Sara fan but am glad she's getting another story line finally. Sure hope there's something on the horizon soon for Warrick and Nick!

15. Dalnabe

Dalnabe Hit and Run

Right, we had Too Tough To Die in the first season. The victim survived - coma - but still somewhat alive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.