Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I agree, Greg's civil case probably won't get alot of screen time, I hope we see something of it but I don't expect much.

I haven't seen much info on this one except it's a very Sara centric episode, a showgirl she discovers alive at a crime scene dies (bleeds to death) in her arms.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's Destiny I just recieved my new TV Guide..the Feb. 5/11.. pertaining to "Law of Gravity"

Good to have you back Gil!! accompanied by a small pic. of him, with a scruffy brownich/greyish beard!!

Back so soon, Grissom? I seems like you just left for your four-week sabbbatical, and now your back, much to almost everyone's elief. Meanwhile Keppler's past catches up with him when a cop he knew in Trenton shows up dead in Vegas..but Keppler denies recognizing him!!

3. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Greg's civil suit will likely only come up again if there is some need to either beat him down or pump him up (win or lose). it might keep him from getting a CSI upgrade, example, or a bad turn could get him locked back in the lab while a new character comes in as a CSI3 level, perhaps (pure speculation people, nothing to back this up).

Story leftovers in long term series like this are usual left out there to give the script writers easy ways to tweak characters or situations as needed.

It can also give them a chance to write stories arcs that focus very specifically on other characters, while greg is "off at the civil suit". It is actually the sign of very well developed script writing habits.

4. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

Or it's the sign of poorly developed story arcs that leave countless loose ends dangling in the wind for eternity. ;)I love the show, but... Though, I have to say, this year, their continuity has shown massive improvement.

They made a big show of Greg's trial and the fact that the brother was not happy about how things played out. If Greg wins the lawsuit, it seems to me that they ought to follow up the brother storyline. Not that I want Greg to get beat up again, but there should be some closure.

I'm glad to hear that we're getting a Sara-centric episode. It's been a while. Sounds like it's going to be pretty devastating to watch.

5. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Wow.

Read the sides for Empty Eyes and it sounds really good.

First and foremost, its a Sara-centered episode. Doesn't exactly tickle my fancy, but I do admit she's been lacking, so I'm happy they are giving her something.

However, everyone was mentioned in the slides... even Greg! Its a cute scene. As he's walking into the crime scene, he sees Sara sitting at the ambulance after the girl died in her arms, and it says that hes worried about Sara, and Brass gives him a look that says give her space, so he goes in the house.

Its lovely.

Anyways, everyone is in it (from what the sides say) and it sounds like a really good episode. One to remember, but we'll see.

Sara cries on Grissom's shoulder at the end.. so a lot of you will be happy. But for anti-GSR peeps, its not that kind of hug.. its an "I'm here for you" hug. So..

overall, it sounds really good. Looking forward to this one.

6. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Hmm, a Sara-centric episode. I can deal with that, she deserves it, but if she spends the entire episode with Grissom I shall scream. They have been spending far too much time together and not enough with the rest of the team. There are many other dynamics, not necesarily romantic, that I am starting to miss seeing. What about Nick/Sara or Grissom/Greg? (just examples). Rotation in scenes is always good. Everyone should spend a good amount of time with everyone.

I'm hoping Warrick gets an episode of his own soon. He's really been neglected recently.

7. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Actually, there are some good Nick/Sara scene(s) in the side that I read. SO that's good.

Also, the only Greg scene I saw was with Nick.. so... some of you should be happy.. Wojo in particular. (Haha, you are the one I always think of when I hear Greg/Nick stuff.. don't mean nothing bad by it :))

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Thank you eszmanda_luver ,not a bad thing to be accociated with at all. I love Nick & Greg together. They have been so much fun to watch ever since the pilot, we need more of them. I know you mean nothing bad.

and CSI_Ali I agree with you, we need more variety in the pairings. I am tired of seeing the same people together all the time, seems like the writers are still stuck in season 5.

Guess Catherine and Greg have been tortured enough, it's Sara's turn. :lol:

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The writers just give what the majority of the fans want.. from millions of letters they recieve , not to mention that WP is one of the producers and that's what he wants, if it weeren't, you can bet it wouldn't be happening!!

This is a brief synopsis from 7x18.. 'EMPTY EYES" courtesy of Gibby at YTDAW ;)not confirmed by CBS yet!!

A woman bleeds to death in Sara's arms, a tear runs down her cheek..ANGLE TO GRISSOM..standing behind Sara, his remote in hand. He puts it down on the table, and moves toward her> Sara folds into his arms. he embraces her as she cries..crying for the victim, because the killer never will!!

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ I'm not sure it's what the majority of the fans want, I'm inclined to that the majority of the fans don't really care about relationships on this show. They'll accept the storyline if it's handled well and they'll dislike it if it's not handled the way they like. As a viewer who can't care less for GSR, I'm okay with the way it is right now, and I think a hug is just fine and understandable. However, the final scene from Way to Go and the bathroom scene that's supposed to be in Fallen Idols do bother me. JMO.

11. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

sara crying on gris's shoulder again? *head desk* man he's the reasono she is so depressed!!!

and as for the four eps grissom is away, deff the best four eps, because sara has been working with others, its a nice change. while i can accept that GSR is now canon, even though its gross, i miss seeing everyone working with different partners, its nice to see them work with different people because they work differently depending on who they are with. also it makes for some nice different scenes where its not alwasy grissom and sara, BLUCK!

12. Toots

Toots Pathologist

13. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

^^^I agree hearty, plus it stretches Jorja's acting skills. I heard she kicked arse when she was interrogating a suspect in Sweet Jane, and she showed a range of emotions in the tension between the team in Redrum--it was not always the same old same old pursing of lips or the squinting that we usually see in the G/S scenes.
    I heard that Billy was fantastic too when he was plucked out of G/S and paired with Alan Tudyk. They'd probably even get nominated if they get out of the monotonous bore of the G/S scenes, lol.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

OT

I don't think the writers will ever make anyone happy. Some people want more Nick scenes; some people want more Greg scenes; some people want more Sara scenes; some want more Warrick scenes.

Sometimes I wonder if the producers go through the writers' scripts and play eeny meany miny moe with them. If that is the case, then it would explain the lack of character arcs.

I mean whatever happened to Nigel Crane in Stalker? Whatever happened to the Judge from the first season of CSI who got into with Warrick? Whatever happened to Sara's research into her mother's case?

Now it appears that Greg's storyine will be dropped indefinately.

Perhaps we are expecting CSI to be more of a serialized series as opposed to the episodic one that it is.

However, Grissom and Catherine get story arc over story arc season after season and yet the others just get bits and pieces and then they're dropped.

Nick's molestion, for example, has never been brought up again. If it were Catherine, we certainly would see that arc continued season after season.

I guess the quesiton I continue to ask is why do some characters get continuing storylines and others don't? I know that Billy and Marg are the stars, but if that's the case then why have the others in the opening credits. Let's just make it the Billy and Marg show.

I don't get it. It's frusteratiing to watch this show.

Back on Topic:

But at least Sara's getting a story this season. It sounds like a good one too.

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*is happy* I like, myself. Part of me wonders about keeping it subtle but I'm a sucker for GSR anyway so I won't mind too much lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.