Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
mariel said:
Part of me, however, is sure the relationship wouldn't work in real life, simply because a supervisor—and certainly Grissom—wouldn't sleep with an inferior.

They would, they have, and they will continue to. Especially those who are in jobs like our CSIs where you are at work for such long hours. There isn't much time to socialize outside of work so your dating pool is limited. Some people think it's ok, and others don't, but it's a fact that it does happen.

I know a lot of the discussion about GSR is based on spoilers that may or may not happen, but all I have actually seen on the show so far is that:

Sara and Grissom were happy to finally be together.
He got burnt out and needed a break.
The break had to include Sara because she is, in a way, the job.
Sara didn't like it that he left, even if she understood why.

I like all of the spoilers I've read so far, including all the angsty ones. Like several other people have said, what relationship doesn't have issues? It's real.

hi ive got a question... im new lol
anywayz... wat happens between sarah and griss wen he gets bak cuz sarah looked pretty dissapointed wen he sent her that cocoon without a letter or anything

heartagram69 said:
i want billy off producer duty so someone can give the show the good kick in the ass it needs to get it back on the tracks.
Wouldn't that would responsibility lie with the writers? Considering the fact that there are several producers with just as much clout as Billy, I hardly think the direction CSI takes (or doesn't take) is entirely his decision.

IMO this season has been far better than 5&6, even with Grissom's absence. According to the latest spoilers it looks like the writers have re-discovered continuity. :)

i agree about csi should get itself back on track maybe they should get tarantino to direct another that "grave danger" was too gud...
i really dont think season 7 is the best in my opinion.. i think season 2 or 3 is but thats just me

ebuzz55 said:
heartagram69 said:
i want billy off producer duty so someone can give the show the good kick in the ass it needs to get it back on the tracks.
Wouldn't that would responsibility lie with the writers? Considering the fact that there are several producers with just as much clout as Billy, I hardly think the direction CSI takes (or doesn't take) is entirely his decision.

IMO this season has been far better than 5&6, even with Grissom's absence. According to the latest spoilers it looks like the writers have re-discovered continuity. :)
This season has beenn the absolute worst IMHO, no team interaction, until Redrum, same pairing all the time. Weak cases and too much personal drama. Yikes!

I liked season 5, there were some really good cases and eppys...I think the team needed a good shake up. This season has been the worst, I would agree with that.

brass_lives said:
They would, they have, and they will continue to. Especially those who are in jobs like our CSIs where you are at work for such long hours. There isn't much time to socialize outside of work so your dating pool is limited. Some people think it's ok, and others don't, but it's a fact that it does happen.
Which brings to another point: a relationship between two persons which has them seeing each other (nearly) 24/7 does not work. The writers can get all ignorant now and deny it (or they just don't know a thing about relationships), but both Grissom and Sara needed some breathing space after the first part of season 7. Seriously, has there been a single episode with not having them see each other? They've worked almost every case together till now and in the episodes they didn't work together the writers just inserted an awkward, misplaced and rhythm-disturbing scene with them together. I've got a strong feeling the writers are aware of the people who detest the GSR-thing and they are trying to shove this fiasco down our throats anyway.

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. What I'm trying to say is, apart from the, to Sara, sudden sabbatical and the 'profound' attempt-on-making-up gift (which I found rather amusing by the way), things have been implausibly smooth sailing between Grissom and Sara.

Just my opinion. Sorry for the off-topicness again.

I disagree, personally - Season 6 had far less personal interaction than this season. Episodes like Fannysmackin', Redrum and Burn Out have been particularly strong. At the moment, with the episodes we've gotten, I'd probably put my chart like this:

BEST-to-WORST

1) Season 4 - darker, more interesting cases. The cast really seems at the peak here.
2) Season 2 - on their feet, the flaws of the series have been basically fixed, and the show is definitely fluid.
3) Season 5 - a very clear and stark change from Season 4. Much 'brighter' in a lot of ways with regards to the cases. And while unpopular, the team split (looking back) didn't have all that big an impact.
4) Season 7 - not quite where it should be right now. Three poor episodes in a row, slowly being fixed by the interesting Keppler storyline. The MCSK is interesting, Greg finally being recognized is good.
5) Season 1 - just too stereotyped and flashy for me. I think the show spent way too much time in explanation, spoon-feeding the audience. Necessary at the time, but looking back it's hard not to flip the channel when they explain to us in little words what skin tags are.
6) Season 3 - just a mess. You can tell that they tried to pretend like it never happened in Season 4. "My ears are better - let's move on!"

As a response to mariel, there weren't a lot of episodes in the past where they didn't work together. I think everyone's just more aware of it now that they're together.

And as for upcoming spoilers surrounding GSR... it's necessary. It's necessary for them to actually have a couple moment now and then. I do wish that in response that they would branch out letting the WHOLE team work together, or pairing Sara with Nick more (I love their chemistry), but ultimately couple scenes are needed.

mariel said:
Part of me, however, is sure the relationship wouldn't work in real life, simply because a supervisor—and certainly Grissom—wouldn't sleep with an inferior. That's why the story line is unbelievable to me.

See, that's the part that's completely believable to me, because that's how it happened with my cousin. She was his superior in a pretty big company, and they fell in love. However, when she was pregnant and starting to show, decisions had to be made. They've been married 5 years and have twin boys who are absolutely adorable. So, to me, that aspect of GSR is one of the most believable.

I read the press release for "Law of Gravity" and it looks like we're getting another Tony Award Winner onboard to play Frank. I'm excited about that, because I think that a lot of theatre actors just translate very well to camera. Not all do, since some have trouble toning it down, but I'd love a scene with Frank, Gris and Keppler. I doubt we'll get it, but I'd just love to watch them work off of one another.

Alyssa said:
mariel said:
Part of me, however, is sure the relationship wouldn't work in real life, simply because a supervisor—and certainly Grissom—wouldn't sleep with an inferior. That's why the story line is unbelievable to me.

See, that's the part that's completely believable to me, because that's how it happened with my cousin. She was his superior in a pretty big company, and they fell in love. However, when she was pregnant and starting to show, decisions had to be made. They've been married 5 years and have twin boys who are absolutely adorable. So, to me, that aspect of GSR is one of the most believable.

I read the press release for "Law of Gravity" and it looks like we're getting another Tony Award Winner onboard to play Frank. I'm excited about that, because I think that a lot of theatre actors just translate very well to camera. Not all do, since some have trouble toning it down, but I'd love a scene with Frank, Gris and Keppler. I doubt we'll get it, but I'd just love to watch them work off of one another.

And I agree as well, actually I was involved with my boss, years ago,, no problem, we were extremely discreet, & and only our close friends were aware, and I believe Grissom and Sara are, handling it very well!! it can work, and it working,and who ever doesn't like this scenerio, that it totally OK, it's "to each his own" that's the beauty of different ideas , and opinions, everyone sees things from their point of view ;) I'm a bit curious as how the disclaimers explain how they were together in the last scene of "WTG" Sara, certainly didn't force Grissom into the bedroom!! seems they both wanted this!! and I'm hopefull that this will continue in "EMPTY EYES" 7x18

FINAL SCENE in WTG

Alyssa said:
So Grissom needs to knock Sara up? My oh my, they just might have to retire then. No Grissom, no Sara... yep, then CSI is officially dead. Unless they decide to continue an extra Grissom/Sara story line akin to something from a soap opera about their happy/dramatic life together away from the lab. Now that would be interesting, wouldn't it? You know it would.

mariel said:
So Grissom needs to knock Sara up? My oh my, they just might have to retire then. No Grissom, no Sara... yep, then CSI is officially dead. Unless they decide to continue an extra Grissom/Sara story line akin to something from a soap opera about their happy/dramatic life together away from the lab.

I just DIED laughing. Thank you. Actually, most GSR fans on this board are anti-baby. LOL. That was great. Thank you.

I do think that Sara and Grissom are a big part of this show, which is why I am waiting to see if Ms. Fox is back for next season!

All the doom and gloom of "Empty Eyes," though, makes me hope she's coming back.. because that is a ROUGH Sara episode. I want to hug the poor girl after all she goes through. And, yes, it's Sara-centric. I'm a Sara fan, first, so I'm all for it.

Any time.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Empty Eyes as well, because there's simply no such thing as too much screen time for Jorja. However... perhaps the writers are making up in advance for the lack of screen time she'll get if they indeed decide to kill her at the end of this season... oh noes!

mariel said:
Which brings to another point: a relationship between two persons which has them seeing each other (nearly) 24/7 does not work.

Hee. Some of us are just never going to see eye to eye on this subject. I do agree with you that couples who are together too much need breathing space. However, Grissom and Sara don't have a typical job AND they aren't exactly typical employees. They are both workaholics so they won't have a whole lot of free time to spend with each other. Even when they are working the same case, there are hours when one will be doing an experiment and the other will be doing fieldwork. When they are working together, they are both incredibly focused on the job.

Most of the GSR scenes they have shown this year have been extremely short, and other than the offhand "yes dear" or "you volunteering" sort of thing, most of them have also been off-the-clock scenarios (which were also extremely short).

The scenes that you see as forced seem quite natural to me. The awkwardness we both see is part of Grissom and Sara's makeup and something I'm glad they have kept up.

I honestly don't think the writers are deliberately trying to irritate anyone who doesn't like GSR. I understand why you'd feel that way (believe me, GSR fans know that feeling!). I think they just made a choice, knowing that it would not please everyone, but doing it anyway because they believed it was the right decision for these characters (or the storyline or whatever). I don't agree with plenty of things that they have done, but I don't think they are were sitting there planning to tick me off when they made the decision. It would be foolish of them to do such things.

Season 7 has been by far way better than season 6. It's not a mess as in creative directions and the cast seems to be like themselves in the earlier seasons.

(Going to do my seasons list like Sarah. Best to worse)

1. Season 2
2. Season 7
3. Season 1
4. Season 4
5. Season 3
6. Season 5
7. Season 6

As to spoilers:

I'm looking forward to "Fallen Idols", casewise. The ending scene is making me tempted not to watch it. I'm a little iffy about it. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back