Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
blackflag said:
There are a couple of clips over on Who Is Keppler from Meet Market. In the first one Nick sure is awful nice to Keppler and I wonder why.

Susan

OK, now I'm starting to formulate a theory (always a dangerous thing) about Keppler...

So WP takes a handful of episodes off to go do stage. They bring Keppler in not just to fill the personnel gap, but - try this - to manufacture a rift (or rifts) within the team in order to build to some sort of psychological climax toward the season finale. Think about it. Nick (IMO) is headed toward a crisis and doesn't know who to trust. Greg is facing the continuing fallout (possibly dangerous) from "Fannysmackin'"/"Post Mortem". Sara and Grissom not only trying to keep their relationship under wraps, but...no doubt said relationship has a few "issues". Warrick, although the "rock" of the team, is divorcing. Will he eventually drift toward Catherine? And with Cath's authority undermined from both ends...how's she going to weather it all? Hell, now we've even had Pissy!Doc Robbins, ControlFreak!Bobby, and even Hodges was trying to dig up info on Kessler.

So they croak Kessler after four eps. February sweeps laying the groundwork for May sweeps, or..."Chaos, disorder, mutiny...my work here is done." (Also sprach Mikey.) :cool:

I'm interested to see the next ep...sounds a bit like one Bones did in its first season, though it's not the first time the shows've had similar plotlines pop up.

Am I right that it's Meet Market,Law of Gravity, Monster in a Box? And that must mean Gris returns in MiaB. Plus the apparent flasbhack next week. A little fix is better than none hehe

Destiny said:
I have no clue the problem with spoilers is that they are used as a guide so anything could change at anytime, if he is set to die then why bother establishing him for a day shift set up why not just bring him in as the extra manpower for the night shift until grissom returns. Hmm oh well maybe it will make sense after we know for sure (in my mind means when it airs) what will happen.

They also gave Mike a hella (angsty, tortured) detailed background for a character they're planning to kill off after four episodes -- and there's no indication they intend to bring up any of this angsty, tortured backstory until "Law of Gravity" when he's scheduled to die. I mean, come on. It'll take a full airing of that dark, tormented history to make audiences understand him, much less actually like him, and if he's going to be dead at the end what's the point?

>_<;;

I'd be much happier if there was at least the potential he could resurface again, otherwise it feels like too much too fast.

Good points all, and definitely leading up to some major drama for sweeps in Feb. Don't forget Cath's storyline with the date rape incident...was that ever resolved? May come back again. Or...maybe she will be made the scapegoat in this semi-botched plan with the US and Keppler.

All I keep thinking of was the evaluation Griss went over with her once where she disclosed the money she received from Sam and Griss saying "is there anything else I should know???" Can't wait til he comes back to all that's been happening in the lab while he's been gone...he's gonna be like "Can't I leave you children alone for 4 episodes without anything going crazy?!?" :lol:

MacsGirlMel said:
I'm interested to see the next ep...sounds a bit like one Bones did in its first season, though it's not the first time the shows've had similar plotlines pop up.

Am I right that it's Meet Market,Law of Gravity, Monster in a Box? And that must mean Gris returns in MiaB. Plus the apparent flasbhack next week. A little fix is better than none hehe

I was just thinking that too. I actually just watched that episode this morning... But I think that CSI will try to make their storyline different. I'm sure all of the writers keep tabs on other TV shows to try and keep their episodes new and different from everything else.

Don't forget Cath's storyline with the date rape incident...was that ever resolved?

Wasn't that incident just a set up for the bad guys to hit at Sam Braun? I thought it was a closed case for now.

Ceindreadh said:
Don't forget Cath's storyline with the date rape incident...was that ever resolved?

Wasn't that incident just a set up for the bad guys to hit at Sam Braun? I thought it was a closed case for now.

There was a quick mention about the Sam Braun part of it in "leaving Las Vegas." But all matters about the rape were resolved in "Built to Kill part 2."

For the full details on BTK,p1 and BTK,p2 (so you know how the matters were resolved) and how the whole episode played out, here are links to the official summaries on the CBS website:

Built to Kill Part 1 Built to Kill Part 2

ATTENTION!!

The discussion thread for the episode "Meet Market" is now up and all discussions of this episode should be moved to that thread, as this is for Future episodes.

Thank-You!

Hey all :)

So I read in one of the posts that Keppler is gonna die. Can anyone tell me where the spoiler came from. Thanks!

Cause... I really don't want him to die. :lol:

I had read it on another forum (Black tie affair) and posted it sometime back but I am beginning to wonder if it is true or not because of the way Carol Mendolson and Leiv talk it seems like he could be a recurring character.

I think that they were going to leave it open-ended, but then Billy finally signed, so they may have made his death final, at that point.

From what I heard, Billy had already decided back in December that he was staying on board, and that's likely when 7x15 was being written.

Somehow, I don't really see Keppler dying. I can see him messing up and getting sent somewhere else or something like that, but somehow I don't see him dying. Don't ask me why. It's probably not something to do with a case though. It's probably something to do with Frank or whoever it was. I wonder when we'll be hearing about that storyline again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back