Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. that would suck. But like I said... you know. This story line is supossed to carry out a while. But I have no clue who it will happen to and there is always that possibility that this spoiler is all around fake.. so you never know. But it is something to think about and discuss..

Just got some little bit of info on epidode 6. Saw it on YTDAW

Title:Burnout
Two little boys, one dead. A pedophile and a grandfather with some missing teeth. The whole team is on the case along with Sofia.

Sorry that's it!

Well, I have a little more and thanks for that. Pretty much, I flew through the sides and there is a LOT of Sophia, a LOT of Brass and a little Grissom. And VERY
VERY VERY little Cath, Nick, Warrick, and Sara.. and absolutely NO Greg.. of course that isn't the whole episode and there are chances they are wrong.. but still. No Greg. Which is realy wierd because in the epi before that, Double Cross, I also saw no Greg at all. So... I don't know. I am personally uspet, and by the looks of it, Sophia is now a HUGE character because she is in like EVERY scene....
Hopefully they are just really trying to keep all Greg scenes from getting out...or maybe I am just hoping too much.. Whatev. So there you go.

And in the epi, Griss has a bad headache that turns into a migrane..

Oh and I thought the whole team included Greg. Guess I should have known better.(i'm not bitter) So do they say Greg is not in it or is he just not mentioned? Spoliers in the past rarely mention him anyway. Maybe he's recovering fom his beating??

For two episodes? Well.. in the like 9 sides that I read, he wasn't mentioned at all, and Nick, Warrick, Sara, and Catherine only had a couple lines. Sophia is EVERYWHERE and Brass has a lot as well.
Am I seeing a change in focus here? Like a 'forget CSI's, we are now going for a cop drama'?!? Thanks, but no thanks. There are plenty of them now. But from what I have read so far, that is what this epi is. And for you Wojo and all oher Greg fanatics, didn't see him at all in this one, or the one before it. I think I wrote that in my previous post, but it is still bothering me so I am writing it again.

Oh, and because there was barely any Sara, I didn't see and GSR either.. but again... this wasnt the whole epi and it could be wrong... so I guess I shouldn't get too worked up over it.. Still... Im sad :(

Wait! Fannysmackin'... ok I'm happy again. :D

See, this is why I wasn't a huge fan of ABRTI 1 and 2 last season. It felt more like a cop show with a little forensics thrown in than a forensics show which occassionally features cops.

I appreciate Brass because he has been there from the very beginning, and while I'm not as crazy about Greg as some people, I like him, and accept him because he's been there since the beginning. Sophia has been around a few seasons, but, she's being featured very prominently. I feel like, Brass' screen time is about the same, but Sophia is also in there, taking up a lot of screentime.

I don't hate the character. I do dislike just how much she is in the show. Brass was always there to flavor the show, and would occassionally get his own episode, once every three years or so. It worked. Sophia gets a lot of screentime, and that takes away from the core. I miss seeing lots of Warrick, Nick and Sara. I feel like, especially the boys, haven't been in the show as much as in the past. The cast bloat is starting to turn me off to this show. It's happening with another show I love, as well, and I find myself looking forward to each week's installment less and less because it feels like a big "Where's Waldo" puzzle where I'm trying to find my favourite characters in a sea of activity....

I'm rambling. Thanks for the tidbits.

From what I have been able to figure out every once in a while a character has to go to a seminar to advance their skills and rank. Nick is usually missing from at least one ep each season (Spellbound, Committed, Butterflied, in the last 3) and they (I think in Butterflied) said he was at a seminar. I would think it would be the same for Greg if he wants to be a better CSI. If he isn't in the ep that may be why.

You guys can yell at me if you want to but I'm starting to get the feeling that we're going to get a few scenes of Greg in Fannysmackin', just like in Play with Fire and then he's going back into the shadows while we get more Cath!drama. Plus, with Sophia and Hodges being added to the credits and gettting more scenes, we're going to see even less of our precious Greggo! Not to mention less Warrick and Nick, besides the writers are going to explore GSR. I have no evidence this is going to happen, I just fear it will.

Sorry about the rant. I needed to get all this off my chest.

Am I seeing a change in focus here? Like a 'forget CSI's, we are now going for a cop drama'?!?

Sure looks like it to me. All of a sudden, Sophia has become the Princess of Everything and has to be in just about every scene! This reminds me of how "ER" got ruined by making Abby, the wonder nurse/medical student/resident the center of the world and the apple of every man's eye. Wonder what the real story is here? Is someone high up in the executive suites so smitten with her that she gets more face time than the original characters? :confused:

It's time for me to start biting my nails in frustration now. :(

anne_wolfe said:
You guys can yell at me if you want to but I'm starting to get the feeling that we're going to get a few scenes of Greg in Fannysmackin', just like in Play with Fire and then he's going back into the shadows while we get more Cath!drama. Plus, with Sophia and Hodges being added to the credits and gettting more scenes, we're going to see even less of our precious Greggo! Not to mention less Warrick and Nick, besides the writers are going to explore GSR. I have no evidence this is going to happen, I just fear it will.

Sorry about the rant. I needed to get all this off my chest.

I have no reason to yell at you, in fact I agree with you completely. I'm sure they will do this and it is killing me that Sophia is taking over. I mean, I never really liked her, but I had nothing against her. But now, they hve a big enough cast as it is... I mean, why in the world would they want to bring her in anyway? We have a detective. I thought it may be because Brass got shot, but can't be because he is fine.. just kind of makes me angry.

I hate to sound so negative but... man. From what I understand, look to this season for Cath!drama and Sophia.. thats about it.. with a hint of the others. I hope that isnt how its going to go though. I still have some faith in TPTB... :confused:

Actually just because people are added to the cast credits doesn't mean they will get more screen time then anyone else, it just giving them credit. While I am sure here and there they will get some added time, probably no more then any of the others. I don't really see much difference with them showing Sofia more or switching off an on with Vartann, Vega, ect.

Besides going based on spoilers, or castings which are usually unedited or strictly for one thing, while they are good for some partial information at any time they can change it. -- As to whether or not the cast is too big, I don't think so, I like the diversity of it all granted some characters don't get as much time as others, but they do make the most of the scenes they do get.

I would think if the powers that be (ie producers, directors, and this includes William Petersen) thought the cast was too big they would thin it down, but apparently they believe they can juggle it around, not to mention that if the actors believed they weren't getting a fair shot or felt left out, they would go to those powers and say something, or do so in contract renagotations.

Again spoilers are subject to change and the only time anything can be for sure is when it airs on the tv screen. I wouldn't yell at anyone for having an opinion, but rather ask that, that be remembered in the long run. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back