Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't see NY being cancelled, for now. We have to wait how the show performs on April and May. CBS should know that MOVING a show to FRIDAYS and LOSING one major character at the same time are never good. Plus, the shows that replaced NY on Wednesdays are not doing better. And in the event that NY gets cancelled, what other show will do better on that freaking Friday 9pm? NCIS yeah but the chances of moving NCIS to Fridays are zero. So CBS shouldn't expect much higher ratings than NY is getting. What the show needs is time to capture new audience. And it looks like NY is growing a bit so there's still hope.

The spoiler made me sad because it does sound like a good bye episode. I guess the TPTB/writers just wanted to be prepared whatever happens.

As for Miami being safe, like what ADAs on TV shows say: law isn't always about justice. Good shows are never guaranteed to last longer than, you know, whatever you call them. If Miami survives this season, most likely, next season it's done. I only see CBS keeping CSI LV which is great. I mean come on, Vegas deserves to live longer than Miami! The last traces of CSI on TV should come from Vegas.

I don't think season 6 has been that bad,certainly not 'dreck', although I've missed an ep or two along the way. (I need to check On Demand for any I've missed).

As for the cast changes, that's decidedly true about NY...Miami's in between and the original's probably had the most shake-ups.

I'm honestly not sure about LV either, it's not as good, to me, as it was when the original cast was still there. I've often wondered if it wouldn't be the first to go.

I say all we can do with NY is sit tight and not get too sad until we know something for sure one way or another.

Last edited:
Intesting news. Indeed the season finale looks a lot like series final episode but than again has there been in other CSI's that kind of flasback episodes before? U know that episode seems a closure for the serie? I don't watch'em that much. :rolleyes:

Anyway I think that if they wanna end the show it's better do when it's still popular and stories still good. I'm not saying that I'm not dissapointed course I am. CSI:NY is the only show that I've seen followed from the begin and surely I've never invested to a TV show this much before. :)

I too have the same point of view as I believe many Gary fans have. He's amazing actor and I solidly think that he deserves a good storylines so that his talents are used properly. Sadly not all storylines have been that good but I'm pleased to say that I've still liked almost every episode generaly. And I'm watching NY course of Gary and I'm not watching at all other CSI's....Horatio annoys me and I just didn't like LV as much as NY. I solidly think that NY has the best cast. ;)

True that every serie has to end in somepoint but I hoped and still do that NY could get season 8. :) Though I can't complain if serie ends in s7 that I won't get Mac centered episode! :D

Let's wait to get some more news :)

I'm with you La Guera. To be honest, I'm incredibly upset that CSI:NY could very well go out with almost no dignity now. It used to have very interesting cases but now it has degenerated into nothing more than mostly frat boys, and privileged rich people committing bizarre crimes. For God's sake, haven't they gotten the message that there's more to New York than the Upper East Side?

Kanakaredes leaving, left a huge, gaping hole, both in the normal forensics-only sense, as well as the 1929-scale psychological devastation that was inflicted on my SMacked TV-Heart. To this day, as of this writing, I still have bouts of anger and anguish over it to this day. While it's certainly only TV but to truly love a character like Stella for so many years and then suddenly, just POOF! She's suddenly gone, in a totally different city, just left me empty that has taken an incredibly long time to recover from.

It's almost like, mentally, my TV heart responded to Kanakaredes' sudden departure, in much the same way the American economy responded to the collapse of Lehman Brothers in September of 2008, when they were gone, the TV Heart/American Economy tanked and limped on for a long time afterward.

I was totally right in a previous post, what happened with CSI:NY in Seasons 6 & 7 very much parallels how I felt towards Disney's "Gargoyles" in it's third season: Fantastic early seasons only to go out limping with crappy seasons afterward. Both of these shows died the same way.

Anything I could possibly like with Jo Danville, is still completely overshadowed by the feeling of something missing with Stella not there, even if she's alive and well in another city. I DO thank TPTB for not killing her off after MK just left like that. Maybe I'll laugh at myself after Season 7 is over but to me, the convergence of questionable storywriting, the tinkering with the idea of a Mac/Jo romance travesty, Kanakaredes leaving like that, I'm sorry but the damage is done and any remedy, to me anyway has come far, far too late. I'm sorry but for all intents or purposes, this show has long ended, even if I've occasionally dropped by to try it out, and finding it okay.

For all intents or purposes, "Grounds For Deception" was the last flash of the CSI:NY that I truly loved. After that, it fell into the toilet bowl. My guess is is that CBS could very well pull the flush handle this May.

It was a great six years of a TV era and it's truly a shame that it all came crashing down in a massive cloud of dust. The debris in me may have cleared away but the giant gaping hole remains. Lord knows what show will fill in the giant gaping crater, and when it will happen.

For now though, "The Chicago Code" and "Castle" are my new TV shows now. Jennifer Beals and Stana Katic now shine in my eyes, while Kanakaredes in my mind at least has been put in storage.

Sela Ward via Twitter/Facebook.

Anna and I on the set ! Laughing as usual!

183714_167978213253898_144988878886165_399499_7395210_n.jpg

I will miss the show, and I will be heartbroken to see the last of Flack, but perhaps the show can go out with a bit of dignity and not a pathetic whimper as it drowns in a morass of dreadful writing and uninspired acting. Here's hoping for the best.

totally agree. although switch mac for flack :) (but i'll miss flack too!)

As for CBS' duplicitous waffling, this is just par for the course from a network that has systematically undermined and rogered other successful shows like Criminal Minds, which, thanks to executive meddling and "budget-cutting" has gone from one of the best shows on television to a frenetic, unrecognizable mess that makes me want to give myself a rectal exam with a pair of barbecue tongs. They'll quite happily wreck their successful lineup chasing the next Big Thing.

i don't think CM is quite that bad yet but i agree with your point.

Just found out that The Twilight Saga actor Alex Meraz will be in the "Food for Thought" episode as he tweeted about it.

Last day on set filming a cool role on CSI:NY with my mentor Raoul Trujillo. The episode's called "food for thought" and airs April 8th or 9th...I wasn't really paying attention when they told me haha!

Source: http://twitter.com/TheAlexMeraz

Really great choice, he is so talented.

If we're going off of bad episodes or seasons, then NY should've been cancelled after S3 and the horrific "deep, dark, secret" storyline and the beginning of the DL garbage. But if we overlook that, then it should've been cancelled at the end of S5 because of the shitfest that was "Grounds for Deception." But if we overlook that then it should've been cancelled after the overall crapfest of S6. My point is that if we're talking about "quitting before it dies," we've already survived many moments where it should have been put out of its misery.

I think Jo injected the series with new life and S7 overall has been almost as good as S1. To me it would be a shame not to give it another season. Announce that S8 will be the final season and then TPTB have the propper time to send off the series in a propper way.

If we're going off of bad episodes or seasons, then NY should've been cancelled after S3 and the horrific "deep, dark, secret" storyline and the beginning of the DL garbage. But if we overlook that, then it should've been cancelled at the end of S5 because of the shitfest that was "Grounds for Deception." But if we overlook that then it should've been cancelled after the overall crapfest of S6. My point is that if we're talking about "quitting before it dies," we've already survived many moments where it should have been put out of its misery.

I think Jo injected the series with new life and S7 overall has been almost as good as S1. To me it would be a shame not to give it another season. Announce that S8 will be the final season and then TPTB have the propper time to send off the series in a propper way.
Could not agree more! Especially about ditching it after 'Grounds for Deception' and the debacle of s6.

The one thing that makes me think it might not be canceled, is the fact that no one, absolutely no one official, has said or hinted that it is. And with ep 17 already coming up next week with only 22 total, i would have thought that they'd be cuing us in to it's end if ep 22 really is the series finale. I still think they're hedging their bets to be able to turn it either direction. Although at this point i'm more betting on it ending than not....

Seems like there are only two or so of us who actually like D/L...we're outnumbered lol. I do wish we could discuss without the 'garbage' stuff, so no one gets upset, though.

The one thing that does get me is that no mention of a shift change was ever made...at least when GSR became canon, someone had to change shifts due to the rules. I hate that a integrity issue isn't raised about it on NY at all. They never mention other shifts, but there have to be more than one. It doesn't seem like they have multiple supervisors like LV does, but they probably have sub-supervisors or whatever, under Mac, if he runs the lab. And if it were set up so they were on different shifts, we probably wouldn't have it in our face so often, which is what I gather a lot of people get annoyed by. There'd be mentions, but Danny would actually get to work with Flack or someone else now and then. Admittedly, I would like to see at least him with the rest of the gang more.

yeah i agree. 4 i did quite like, and 5 was mostly not too bad, but after the end of 5 so i guess the last 2-3 seasons things have been on a marked downward trend and i'd rather it was put out of its misery than left to die a slow and painful death.

The one thing that makes me think it might not be canceled, is the fact that no one, absolutely no one official, has said or hinted that it is. And with ep 17 already coming up next week with only 22 total, i would have thought that they'd be cuing us in to it's end if ep 22 really is the series finale. I still think they're hedging their bets to be able to turn it either direction. Although at this point i'm more betting on it ending than not....

yeah there is that but then i still wonder if they're hedging that for commercial reasons. it'd make sense (although it'd suck).

The one thing that does get me is that no mention of a shift change was ever made...at least when GSR became canon, someone had to change shifts due to the rules.

but they're in different jurisdictions. in vegas CSIs aren't detectives while in NY they are. that doesn't necessarily impact on the rules about couples working together, but it just means there are differences in the different places and it might be that NY has different rules that don't dictate the separation of couples while on duty. haha i can't believe i'm talking about that as if it's real life:guffaw::guffaw:

I'm very interested to see how next week's NY episode will turn out!!! I saw the filming of it as the prep school scenes were filmed at the library on college campus at USC. :)

As for the renewals and cancellations. I think NY and Miami will most likely be back for another year. CSI is more than likely to come back for another season for sure. So maybe CBS will end all three shows whenever they choose to end CSI so that the franchise can end all together. On the other hand, the CSI franchise has been something that's quite profitable for CBS, even with the ratings now, it's still got lots of pull and popularity, so it is also quite likely that CBS will ride out this franchise for as long as it can.

The only issue right now for CBS is opening up enough spots from its very crowded primetime line-up for new pilots coming this fall when the new TV season starts. At least 7 shows are guaranteed to make returns for next year, and most likely 3 others are gonna be done by May. Both Miami and NY are sitting on the edge right now, but I think because of their brand name, they probably will have a better chance of survival the renewal/cancellation period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back