Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

I won't dare to look. :lol:

2. DannysGirl

DannysGirl Hit and Run

You know what I'll probably sit at my computer, open CSI files and close my eyes tight and refuse to look.

"Hey mum come tell me whether I can expect good news or bad news!" :lol:

3. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

They should seriously move CSI:NY back to Wednesdays. In almost every way, watching TV shows is the last thing I do on Friday nights, even when I don't go out.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I agree...I'm not often out Friday night, but I preferred it on Wed.

5. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Looking forward to the S7 finale (and hoping for news of a season 8 next week :p).

Keeping mine crossed as well. I'd like to think the franchise is still worth enough to keep it going for another round. Even Miami, if it means the network could go at it perhaps milking promoting the franchise wrapping itself up, as opposed to ending by piecemeal by series, scattered over the next season or two. NY has been reliably consistent for CBS despite the death slot. If its budgets can be made palatable for what it returns, perhaps it does have a shot at coming back as part of a franchise that CBS has coasted on for a decade.

As for the other buzz, with Kutcher signed for 2.5 Men, I'm thinking Sh*t is probably dead. I'd also be very very surprised if the network kept the Defenders, with several of their pilots reportedly testing favorably.

I'm not certain that CM:SB has a future; it's already a half season behind Blue Bloods in ep count, and if BB is selling well, it may have an edge. Personally, I don't find Selleck and his mustache a draw, and I never saw Magnum, so I've no nostalgia built in - but the fact that both CBS and some viewers do, might also help it out. If some of the new dramas look more promising than trying to coax series longevity out of CMSB, which people haven't taken to like CBS likely hoped they would, well, it may be quietly shuffled out the same back door it came in thru. TGW looks reasonably solid to return as well, despite its numbers. So, basically, I'm at a loss :lol:, I've no idea what's gonna stay and what's gonna go to make room for which new series.

CBS may be conservative, but it's also all business. Well, aside from Tom Selleck, that is :p. I'm just hoping CBS still thinks NY and its budgets are workable enough to remain good business.

Other networks have already surprised me with some of their pick ups and definitely with some of their renewals. The general fact that both Chuck and Fringe have been renewed has me throwing up my hands in terms of guessing anymore :lol:. I'm reduced to holding onto the above nugget from Nellie Andreeva and co., if only to deludedly ease some of the fretting about NY's future :p.

Anyhoo.

No matter what's to happen with the series, ...c'mon y'all, help the show pull some solid numbers for the finale, of what I think has been one of NY's better seasons in recent years :)

6. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Elwood, I agree with you. The Season 7 was one of the best.
:)

Hopefully there will be Season 8. Unfortunately, it looks not good. Gary will also do a film.
:confused:

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/CSINY-Finale-Gary-Sinise-1033044.aspx

8. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

nel2h, that Gary's reps may be talking to people about other possible projects is not a surprise. There series was originally only optioned for 7 seasons, after all (I think?). No doubt there would be feelers out, from Gary considering things, and from outside parties curious about Gary's potential availability, and no doubt that of others in the cast as well. I would think it would be exceedingly unlikely that any committments have been made at this point, and so I personally would not consider this info on the film as determinitive of the series' future ;).

-

Thanks for the article :).

I like that Mac is in a place of questioning things, instead of always being adamantly certain of everything. I also like that Jo is someone Mac now will turn to, as she had previously turned to him about her daughter.

I guess I'm also happy that the production team are happy with what the S7 finale has accomplished, no matter what the network decides.

9. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/csiny-finale-preview-gary-sinise/

10. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

For Grade Season Seven can you vote now. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.