Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Nov 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I hope it's not the series finale, that it's just the season finale.

2. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

[​IMG]

source: http://twitpic.com/4817dt

3. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

thanks perlnoir! Love that pic! :D

4. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Am I the only one hoping it is the series finale, so the show can go out on top and not wheeze to the finish, like, say, "CSI: Miami" is?

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Press release for 7.19 "Food For Thought"

And here's a First Look picture for the episode. :)

[​IMG]

6. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

7. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Gary Sinise has confirmed that there's only 22 episodes. I see you also posted in the CSI spoiler lab... as always, sites like imdb and Futon Critic can be unreliable when it comes to air dates and episode counts.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

10. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source : http://fr.eonline.com/uberblog/watc..._chat_get_ready_glee_death.html#ixzz1GeG0yhPG

11. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Gary has written to me, all that is open. He has no info about Season 8.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Sounds like NY's chances really depend on pilot season. On any other net, CSI: NY would be totally safe, but CBS has a lot of strong performers, and it wouldn't be the first time they cancelled an older show that was still doing decently (Without a Trace, anyone?). I hope the show gets one more year, but they're smart to write this year's season finale as a potential series finale. I wonder if we'll even know before the upfronts in May if the show is coming back.

13. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Unfortunately, we can only wait and hope. :confused:

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

15. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Much catching up. Glad my march madness and CBS' march madness coincide, so I'm apparently not missing out much here :p. Well, I've at least managed to catch up on watching the past coupla eps, though not comment on them.

Thanks for tidbits y'all.

Happy belated b-day to Sinise, too.

Far too much stuff and nonsense on too many fronts for too many shows for me to dare venture a guess on what might be revealed prior to upfronts for NY's fate in particular. Would like, but ya never know.

The last handful of eps sound like they could be really good, and regardless of what may come (or not) for NY, I'd love for S7 to finish strong and on a high. A deliberately ambiguous or open ended finale is fine if well done, and having Fonda in for two bodes well. They've certainly managed some impressive guests this season. A two-part in-house finale also seems to indicate that NY is still in some way addicted to cliff-hangers :p, but that what they wanted to do was too big for one ep might also bode well (for quality of realization).

7.18 Looking forward to an ep where Jo and her family get some focus.

Well, I'd love for Jo and co. to truly get as much focus as teased :p. It's just that I seem to recall Do or Die being blurb'd or promoted somewherez as Danny and Lindsay working together to solve a case, something that might have put me off watching it altogether had I not suspected better :lol:. Thankfully, while DL was certainly present and irksome, if not mildly perplexing (egad, there's not even enough of a charge between them to generate a static shock, let alone alone produce chemistry nor even a danged sense of fun thru the rather belabored Complete Dummies Guide To Ass Prints and related sex tutorial :lol:), it did seem to ease as the ep proceeded, and was not in fact a DL special.

So, I am hoping that Jo will get the focus indicated due at least by how the central case has been described. Jo was a saving grace in the last ep, and while SW does well imbuing small moments with fun, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Jo in the thick of things,and in a situation where the stakes are definitely more personal and serious.

7.21 could be interesting in having Mac and Danny jointly investigated by the ever ebil obvious wrench that IA always plays. For me it's a potentially fun evolution between the pair, given S1's On The Job, and yet, I daren't hope S7's writers would recall or acknowledge that. Carmine and Gary might somehow manage to allude to it, but who knows.

7.20 sounds intriguing more for the format, for the presence of an ex-cop/ private investigator in the mix, a potential serial killer, hints of ominosity for Mac, and of course Jo not only having a fear of heights but confronting her phobia :p. The notion of yet another uber-smexy club montage and penthouse crime scene is slightly less enthralling :p.

Between IA and a PI, and portents for Mac, it sounds like the last handful of eps may fall into that Mac Vill Be Challenged category. If only by finding his wallet. Unless Shane Casey is somehow still kicking, and pilfering Mac's locker too. If the Casey shows up in the finale I might shoot someone meself :lol:. But wait. Mebbe that could in fact be the long-awaited zombie ep I've been hoping for :p. Awesome.

7.19 should be fun too. I saw a Flack/Jo scene mentioned in that one. While I'm all for Hawkes getting snuggly with someone, I'm not sure I expected a fry-flossing as the vehicle for it :lol:. Hadda tie it to the sploding truck somehow tho. Still, nice to see some continuity for him on that front. Or any front. I've missed much discussion, but I'm also wondering if the drug-aspect has some follow up link from the manner of Camille's drug-related plot involvement from the ep that intro'd her in the first place?

Anyways.

Looking forward to Jo's ep. Looking forward to DJE. Looking forward to Peter Fonda. Looking forward to some good character interaction in the last handful of eps. Looking for a strong end to S7, be it season or series.

Have enjoyed recent tweet traffic, esp. SW on GS' b-day :lol:.

The photo of an apparently mini-Mac poking some giant dude up a nostril is befuddlingly amusing; that said, it did, however, quash any hope that the show might ressurrect Mac's S1 pilot side-burns for the cold-case/flashback sequences (you :censored: bastards :p. I know, I know. Y'all been too puzzled trying to solve Flack's hair :p). ...Whaddayado.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.