Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Perl,
There is an interesting aspect and is a lot of material to think. Hopefully there will be a Season 8, however.

Hey guys

There has to be a season 8! If Miami can go 9 seasons, New York should be able to do better. It's the only one I watch lately I love it, and will be gutted if they decide to cancel it.

As for Danny's promotion...I'd be made up to see that. Mainly because 'and I hope I don't get shot for saying this' I'm not a Lindsey fan, never have been, so if this promotion causes friction or whatever between them YAY!!! That's something I think I'd really enjoy seeing!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'd rather not see it, but then I'd still, like I said, rather see Flack get promoted.

It has seemed like some have stopped with the original since Grissom left. NY used to be my only one but then I got hooked on the original...never did stick with Miami, after I watched Speed die in the reruns. I still hope they give us one more NY season though. It's got a special spot because it was my first.

I do not think that Don deserves a promotion more than Danny. Furthermore, they do not occupy the same post, do not have no same superior.

I think that that could be nice to see Danny evolving in a responsible job.
His attitude and its acts will see each other doubtless changed, would work less with Lindsay for not, not about whom we speak about favoritism. He will also want to prove to Mac that he has was right to rely on him.

I'd rather not see it, but then I'd still, like I said, rather see Flack get promoted.

It has seemed like some have stopped with the original since Grissom left. NY used to be my only one but then I got hooked on the original...never did stick with Miami, after I watched Speed die in the reruns. I still hope they give us one more NY season though. It's got a special spot because it was my first.

I loved the origional CSI and that's the one I first started watching...I did lose quite a bit of interest when Grissom left even though Langston seems cool. It just wasn't the same, I started missing eps then just stopped bothering to catch them.

As for Miami, I did watch that, mainly like you the reruns and Speed was one of my favs. Then he died and I just thought WTH, lol.

New York is my fav hands down though, always has been ever since the Pilot. I've watched every episode to date, got them all on DVD, they need to renew it :( If not I will be gutted.

I do not think that Don deserves a promotion more than Danny. Furthermore, they do not occupy the same post, do not have no same superior.

His attitude and its acts will see each other doubtless changed, would work less with Lindsay for not, not about whom we speak about favoritism. He will also want to prove to Mac that he has was right to rely on him.

Yes, because Danny is oh-so-responsible, with his disobedience during the Minhas shooting in S1 and his refusal to obey a direct order from Mac to stop investigating the natural death of a homeless man. Or his failure to report that Riki Sandoval had stolen his service weapon. Or his failure to report the theft of his badge and ID by a deranged serial killer. Or his decision to disobey Mac yet again and charge into a shootout sans vest. Yes, Danny is clearly far more responsible than Flack, and far more deserving of a promotion since he squirted baby gravy on Lindsay's biscuits. Danny's terminal dumbassery isn't going to be cured just because he got married and procreated. In fact, his worst offenses have come since he married and had a child.

Yes, because Danny is oh-so-responsible, with his disobedience during the Minhas shooting in S1 and his refusal to obey a direct order from Mac to stop investigating the natural death of a homeless man. Or his failure to report that Riki Sandoval had stolen his service weapon. Or his failure to report the theft of his badge and ID by a deranged serial killer. Or his decision to disobey Mac yet again and charge into a shootout sans vest. Yes, Danny is clearly far more responsible than Flack, and far more deserving of a promotion since he squirted baby gravy on Lindsay's biscuits. Danny's terminal dumbassery isn't going to be cured just because he got married and procreated. In fact, his worst offenses have come since he married and had a child.

Danny maybe made all this but Don made worse, he killed a man. Certainly the anger leads him to this act but that remains the worst crime for a cop.

Then I do not think that he is more deserving

Danny is a cop who evolves, who makes errors, he is not completed. But there is a good cop. He deserves this promotion as every cop who evolves in his work. Mac knows all this if he looks to him it is that he judges that it goes to him of right.

Later I can understand that the DL displeases, but I am satisfied that we linger little over the character Danny.

"[You'll] get a hint of how dynamically different their working relationship might be." Veasey says.

Does this mean we're going to see Rikki again? :D :thumbsup: I want season 8 now!

Danny maybe made all this but Don made worse, he killed a man. Certainly the anger leads him to this act but that remains the worst crime for a cop.

Danny is a cop who evolves, who makes errors, he is not completed. But there is a good cop. He deserves this promotion as every cop who evolves in his work. Mac knows all this if he looks to him it is that he judges that it goes to him of right.

Later I can understand that the DL displeases, but I am satisfied that we linger little over the character Danny.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but yes, Don did kill a man. He murdered him. If this were common knowledge, as Danny's mistakes are, then not only would he not get a promotion, but he would be in prison. But it isn't common knowledge. I think Mac knows, and Danny might have an inkling, but that's it. Danny's mistakes are very public knowledge, and they knowingly endangered the public on two occasions just because Danny didn't feel like making a big deal of things. Nor were Danny's actions motivated by grief or rage; they were done to cover his sloppy, irresponsible ass. Flack murdered a cop-killer who killed his girlfriend and would happily have plugged him. Danny has a history of endangering others to save his own ass. If I had to choose between them for the Better Cop Award, I would rather have the cop who puts the public first and has proven himself reliable over and over.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but yes, Don did kill a man. He murdered him. If this were common knowledge, as Danny's mistakes are, then not only would he not get a promotion, but he would be in prison. But it isn't common knowledge. I think Mac knows, and Danny might have an inkling, but that's it. Danny's mistakes are very public knowledge, and they knowingly endangered the public on two occasions just because Danny didn't feel like making a big deal of things. Nor were Danny's actions motivated by grief or rage; they were done to cover his sloppy, irresponsible ass. Flack murdered a cop-killer who killed his girlfriend and would happily have plugged him. Danny has a history of endangering others to save his own ass. If I had to choose between them for the Better Cop Award, I would rather have the cop who puts the public first and has proven himself reliable over and over.

Playing devil's advocate here because I like Flack. No, Flack killing someone in cold blood is not common knowledge on the show (which makes no sense because it should have been investigated because it was an officer invloved shooting and the investigation would have made it obvious that he murdered the guy), but from a viewer's perpective what he did was worse than anything Danny has done. Why should viewers believe Flack wouldn't kill again if the case was once again personal for him? Him telling Mac that he got his shit together? We have no indication that Flack sought any psychological help after everything went down with Angell. Do I have empathy for Flack doing what he did because he was consumed with rage and grief? Yes. Does that make what he did OK or less serious? No. The cop killer he shot was unarmed and wounded and he still put a bullet in his brain.

Most of what Danny did wasn't to "save his own ass," and most of it posed no threat to the general public. The exception would be getting his badge stolen by Shane Casey. But Lindsay, Flack and Stella all knew about it - Stella found out later, but she did find out about it, and she was a superior officer - and none of them did anything when it became clear that Danny wasn't going to/didn't do anything about it. I would think that if losing your badge was a serious offense, whoever knew about it and did nothing to make sure it was reported would be seen as guilty as well.

So Danny may have had more incidents happen to him, but I can see why some viewers would believe that what Flack did was much worse. In Danny's case there was no malice involved and in Flack's case there was.

Most of what Danny did wasn't to "save his own ass," and most of it posed no threat to the general public. The exception would be getting his badge stolen by Shane Casey. But Lindsay, Flack and Stella all knew about it - Stella found out later, but she did find out about it, and she was a superior officer - and none of them did anything when it became clear that Danny wasn't going to/didn't do anything about it. I would think that if losing your badge was a serious offense, whoever knew about it and did nothing to make sure it was reported would be seen as guilty as well.

Yes, it was to save his own ass, and yes, he did endanger the public more than once. He failed to report that a grieving mother stole his gun to go after her son's killer. I can buy that he failed to report it because he knew what would happen to Riki, but I also believe he failed to report it because he knew how it would look coming from an officer with multiple marks on his record.

He failed to report the theft of his badge and ID by a serial killer, and he fully admitted that he concealed the theft because "he didn't want to make a big deal." Not because he had a cunning plan to track Casey's movements, but because he couldn't be assed to make two whole phone calls, if Mac's procedure for reporting the theft of his badge are any indication. If there weren't possible repercussions for the theft and his subsequent failure to report it, then why hide it? I'm guessing that Mac's loss of his badge carried less risk of negative consequence because it was promptly reported, and because it was Mac Taylor, he of the impeccable character, blah blah blah. Danny buried it because he knew he had a poor record as far as the department was concerned. He let a deranged serial killer roam the city with his badge, an action that is far more dangerous than a grief-crazed cop(who never should have been allowed to join the apprehension)killing a murderous mercenary. The only casualty of Flack's decision was a murderer. Thanks to Danny's failure to report the theft, a family was kidnapped and terrorized, a guard was forced to help Casey and executed, a helpful inmate was shot by police, and Casey gained access to Danny's home on more than one occasion. Casey was able to Grab Lucy from her crib, and only Lindsay's Dirty Harry intervention stopped Danny from being shot. Because he failed to report the theft of his badge.

So, Flack's murder of Cade was unquestionably more morally egregious, but Danny's pattern of reckless, self-serving dumbassery has actively harmed or endangered more people. I would rather promote a dedicated cop who shot a murderer than a cop who routinely endangers others because he's too busy gazing at his own navel and too lazy to make two phone calls.

I have a feeling that Cade's death was swept under the rug. I don't think the NYPD gave a crap about the death of a cop-killer. The death should have been investigated, and Flack should have been placed on leave until he completed counseling, but the writers opted to have Mac heal the sick instead.

If we're going to argue quality vs. quantity in the who was responsible for the most and the most innocent people dying game, then Flack still loses. Because as much as people don't want to admit it, Flack and Lindsay are just as responsible for Shane Casey running amok with Danny's badge as Danny is. They had a responsiblity to make sure the badge was reported stolen if it became clear (which it did) that Danny wasn't going to do it. If they had done that then all of the blame could lay with Danny. But they chose to help their boo and buddy cover his ass instead of doing what their jobs required them to do under the circumstances.

As far as the Rikki situation goes, I don't believe for a minute that Danny was thinking of himself in that situation. Hell, he put himself in front of the robber and told Rikki he was the one responsible for Ruben's death and said if she wanted to shoot someone it should be him. I don't believe he did that just to talk her down considering all of the guilt he felt about the boy's death.

I personally don't think either Flack or Danny deserve a promotion, but I can certainly see why some viewers think Danny should get one over Flack.

In first sorry for my poor english, i'm french fan.

In second, i'm agree with Perfect-A.

In fact I do not understand this will to compare two agents, cops and friends. In knowledge which deserves more than the other one.

Danny is going to have a promotion, nothing, I don't see where is the evil, it is rather a good news for his character and if, If there is season 8. It could bring finally something to his character who isn't great smooth since two seasons to see boring. Me who like a lot his character, I 'm bored but I hope to have and to see again a fascinated and fascinating Danny.

Since some episodes, we find finally quality episodes, with interesting cases.

I find all his comparisons and discussed not comings.

Danny made errors, it is what what made us love him or hate him .
Danny is someone integer and complex at least until season 5, and flack and somebody professional and right, I know him that too indeed and I remove him nothing from this subject.
But I do not like the idea to say that a such is better because he made errors. Everybody makes it, if we had to make the detail of every character.

Except it is not the question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back