Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Nice. I'm REALLY looking forward to this episode, I've not been this excited about an episode since Grissom's last on "CSI"

From the E! Spoiler Chat (once again answering the truly important questions :rolleyes:)

Cposoares: Please, something about Danny and Lindsay on CSI: New York?
While Friday's episode is jammed packed with action, Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) and Lindsay (Anna Belknap) do take a brief moment to connect. And if you are a long-time fan it may remind you of another Danny-Lindsay hug from way back when. But the action! Oh the action is the real star of this episode. A spray of bullets, gunfights, a car crash and creepy Clifton Collins Jr. being creepy, don't miss this one! P.S. Hang tight for our exclusive interview with Gary Sinise about the finale!

Yes. The series could be ending, so please give us more DL drivel. At least the interview with Gary sounds promising.

From the E! Spoiler Chat (once again answering the truly important questions :rolleyes:)

P.S. Hang tight for our exclusive interview with Gary Sinise about the finale!
Yes. The series could be ending, so please give us more DL drivel. At least the interview with Gary sounds promising.

Yes! ;) Finally an interview that I really REALLY wanna see! *jumps in exciment* Can't wait! :D Not that interested what happens with Danny and Lindsay even though I like their characters. :)

That was :eek: can't wait!! They really tored into the place! I wonder were Danny and Jo are throughout all this. Really excited for this episode.:cool:

They could have really ramped up the drama and had Lindsay fatally wounded - it's just one more missed opportuntity.

This is... interesting. From TV Guide:

I'm worried that CSI: NY will not be back next year. Do Danny and Lindsay at least get a happy ending? — Laura
ADAM:
Where's the faith, Laura? Regardless of the show's future, executive producer Pam Veasey tells us that the couple ends with some very good news: Danny passes the sergeant's test! But, if the show does return, Danny's new paygrade could definitely complicate things. "[You'll] get a hint of how dynamically different their working relationship might be." Veasey says.

This is... interesting. From TV Guide:

I'm worried that CSI: NY will not be back next year. Do Danny and Lindsay at least get a happy ending? — Laura
ADAM: Where's the faith, Laura? Regardless of the show's future, executive producer Pam Veasey tells us that the couple ends with some very good news: Danny passes the sergeant's test! But, if the show does return, Danny's new paygrade could definitely complicate things. "[You'll] get a hint of how dynamically different their working relationship might be." Veasey says.

Does that mean they won't be attached at the freaking hip anymore? (Yes, please.) Or,even better, does that mean Danny will be able to tell Lindsay what to do at work? (Yes, please.)

I think it should complicate things a bit, although I don't think it's 'drivel' myself. If he's a sgt, he'll be her superior...it won't be a repeat of Grissom and Sara because they're already married when it happens, but there should still be a proper handling of the superior/subordinate aspect if they want the lab to still look like it's keeping its integrity. If they aren't careful, it's immediate fodder for defense attorneys and blown cases. I don't think either one would do anything dirty, but they have to be careful not to give any impression that anything dirty could be going on. I hope the writers are able to reflect that. It's already obviously not RL-like now, since I doubt they'd be able to work together IRL...they'd be like in different departments or something. (Pulling a Sara would be good, if they could find a way to put her on day shift or swing, if NY even has one(they've gotta have more than one shift) or move her to another dept and still do screentime...although that might be ideal, really...they could just be offscreen married and she wouldn't be around as much...happiness for all lol)

Although I like the ship, I'm also of the opinion that they work together a bit too much...I'd much prefer to see more of a mix of who they work with. I know Don was with them last time, and I think Mac or Hawkes, one of the two, but it'd be nice to see times when they aren't on-scene or in the lab together.

I think it should complicate things a bit, although I don't think it's 'drivel' myself. If he's a sgt, he'll be her superior...it won't be a repeat of Grissom and Sara because they're already married when it happens, but there should still be a proper handling of the superior/subordinate aspect if they want the lab to still look like it's keeping its integrity. If they aren't careful, it's immediate fodder for defense attorneys and blown cases. I don't think either one would do anything dirty, but they have to be careful not to give any impression that anything dirty could be going on. I hope the writers are able to reflect that. It's already obviously not RL-like now, since I doubt they'd be able to work together IRL...they'd be like in different departments or something. (Pulling a Sara would be good, if they could find a way to put her on day shift or swing, if NY even has one(they've gotta have more than one shift) or move her to another dept and still do screentime...although that might be ideal, really...they could just be offscreen married and she wouldn't be around as much...happiness for all lol)

Although I like the ship, I'm also of the opinion that they work together a bit too much...I'd much prefer to see more of a mix of who they work with. I know Don was with them last time, and I think Mac or Hawkes, one of the two, but it'd be nice to see times when they aren't on-scene or in the lab together.

Actually, as far as the Danny and Lindsay aspect of the show the only thing that would make me "happy" is if a) They got divorced and Lindsay went back to Montana or b) Lindsay died. As long as those two are together Danny will be greatly limited as a character and that isn't a good thing. It'd be more tolerable if there wasn't a marriage and baby reference in every other episode and 95% of their scenes weren't together, but that's about it.

So...irresponsible, reckless Danny is good sergeant material, but Flack is still down in Det. 3rd grade steerage? All right, then.

At least if they could switch her to another shift, they'd have a lot less scenes together...it'd be a start anyway. I just want to see both of them working with other people in some episodes without the other one there, rather than the group scene we had last week-the others were there, but we still had them together.

I think CSI has a problem with that in general, really...there were similar complaints before Sara left regular CSI the first time, that those two worked together too much. IDK how many writers, if any, do more than one show, but they need to listen to the complaints a bit more all the way around, I think. LV's probably better now that both of those characters aren't onscreen together...there are GSR refs but not constant overkill. And they've done well with Vartillows, not overkilling it. However, to get back to the topic,the NY writers haven't got the point yet. Although I love fangirling ships on my various shows, there's something to be said for these shows not being the type that lend themselves well to centering too much on ships...they're the kind of show that seem to do better with a little ship development but keeping it subtle and off to the side as it were. The writers here are constantly pushing it, and that's what I don't like. Even though I may like the ships, not everyone does, and it tends to a, make viewers unhappy or b, they just stop watching altogether, when they go too far.

( Or maybe LV's writers are preoccupied with their Langston Fever LOL. I won't go into that here though.)

I love that despite my ship positions, I can still agree on some of the big stuff lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back