Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...irresponsible, reckless Danny is good sergeant material, but Flack is still down in Det. 3rd grade steerage? All right, then.

You've forgotten that marriage and a baby automatically makes a guy superdy duperdy responsible and mature. Plus, he has to prove he's worthy of Mootana and the Spawn so that means an upgrade in jobs, obviously. :p

^^ they could have written D & L fewer scenes together, or more scenes with other team members, without the pretense of switching shifts, long before this possibility, btw. Apparently not the tactic they wanted to pursue in including an internal relationship in NY's formula over the past few years.

Was a pissy day. Perpetual state of irkdom. Was hoping to be vaguely cheered by popping in to see what's new. I'm not a fan of DL. Just not my cuppa. Stir that, and plz to take the following with that in mind :p.

From the E! Spoiler Chat (once again answering the truly important questions :rolleyes:)

Cposoares: Please, something about Danny and Lindsay on CSI: New York?
While Friday's episode is jammed packed with action, Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) and Lindsay (Anna Belknap) do take a brief moment to connect. And if you are a long-time fan it may remind you of another Danny-Lindsay hug from way back when. But the action! Oh the action is the real star of this episode. A spray of bullets, gunfights, a car crash and creepy Clifton Collins Jr. being creepy, don't miss this one! P.S. Hang tight for our exclusive interview with Gary Sinise about the finale!
Please, something about anything else? Anything at all other than DL? No?

...Sigh.

Why is it that the only questions that seem to be given any response are DL related. Seriously unimpressed :lol:.

Bemused disgruntlement mildly mollified in that while the query answered, it was both prefaced and followed by proffering the description of the action oh the action as the true draw of the ep :p. Still. DL accommodated, certain page hits assured, question answered, madate achieved, relevant upcoming ep still addressed. Nothing at all spoiled. Sentimental flashback alluded to instead. Real interview teased. Nothing new truly disclosed. Well played. Jeezus. :lol:. Creepy being creepy? Oh noz! What the f*ck can ya do :p. Happy to see the ep promoted regardless.

So long as the moment is "brief," then mebbe it'll be ok. Mebbe. Mind you, perhaps a "brief connection" will be a step up, given I often feel they have no connection at all.

Looking foward to the action, oh teh action. That and an interview with GS, ...hopefully wherein he will not be fielding questions about DL.

This is... interesting. From TV Guide:

I'm worried that CSI: NY will not be back next year. Do Danny and Lindsay at least get a happy ending? — Laura
ADAM:
Where's the faith, Laura? Regardless of the show's future, executive producer Pam Veasey tells us that the couple ends with some very good news: Danny passes the sergeant's test! But, if the show does return, Danny's new paygrade could definitely complicate things. "[You'll] get a hint of how dynamically different their working relationship might be." Veasey says.
O gee. A question about... who are they again?

About the only positive thing I might infer in possibilities related is that Danny has re-grown a pair, and that work might take precedence in focus, even within DL. Lucy will be in jr. high shortly, so mebbe the uber-family aspect will ease up :p.

One might even hope that there could be a conflict of interest if, oh, Danny were ever to have to operate in some capacity supervisory to Lindsay; one might hope they'd therefore hafta take different shifts or suchlike. Or at least different cases. Ya know. Exist independently. As separate entities. Not dependent on sharing the same cubic airspace every nanosecond. Suchlike. One could only bloody well hope. (...he could also turn down a transfer just so's they could continue to carpool and coexist...).

Left field much? Not an unsubtle drama device at all is it :p. The guy who didn't report his gun or badge stolen on respective occasions is now the very model of an NYPD sergeant? I guess he musta been channeling his family of cops.

Bleh. Did I mention I was seriously unimpressed?

Happy ending my arse. NY this season has been full of them. Talk to Sheldon. Given Lindsay started the season by getting a medal from a storyline I was hoping would revive Danny, and looks to be ending the season by escaping death despite her best efforts, and a season's generous scattering of DL cheez, what did one expect to suddenly have happen with the happy couple.

Probably the most interesting bits of that grand nugget are PV's "hint," "working relationship," and "might be."

I don't expect NY to drop DL. I expect to still hafta sit thu it periodically to get to the rest of the show that I like. Not gonna waste my breath there. Dear marketers, multimedia conglomerates, social media gurus and assorted entertainment & tech interwebbage publishing folk. Not everyone is ship driven. Sex-Sells as a tactic also seems misplaced here as there's zero chemistry. No team teeshirt will sell me DL. Plz to freakin branch out in coverage on this one wee little show. Inquiring minds wish to know if you are capable. Thanks very kindly.

TV Line has an action packed preview from this week's episode. Looks like it's the teaser.
...sooooooooooooooo. Inquiring minds are also wondering where the shots were coming from.

They are up thirty floors, yes? And the shots did seem to come from outside the building? Did the the dude hypnotize a 50-cal and teach it how to levitate? Lease an attack drone? Borrow someone's corner office across the block over a lunch break? Casually committed grand theft airborne?

Dang but the place was hosed. Rather an extreme reaction even from a pissed perp. Lordy, boys, whaddidjas do to this fella? :p.

Thanks for the clips, yas all.

....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn' thanks for the Q&A's too.

...I think.

Inquiring minds weren't really curious, but, eh. Whaddaya do :p.

I've always been really intrigued as to how different people watch the same thing and see different things in it LOL. In the sense of some seeing chemistry and some not. That's what makes us individuals, though.

I do see the point about Flack...he maybe should've got the promotion first. At least, looking at the two characters, he's the one I'd pick. I'd love to see discussion onscreen of why he hasn't gone for the exam yet...it'd be interesting.

Last edited:
So...irresponsible, reckless Danny is good sergeant material, but Flack is still down in Det. 3rd grade steerage? All right, then.

actually, Flack is a "Detective First Grade", the same as Mac & Jo... But if Danny's promoted, even though Flack, Jo and Mac get paid more, he'll be senior... So if Danny doesn't go back to the streets (maybe partnered with Don?) The Crime Lab chain of command would be:

Danny
Mac
Jo
Lindsay
Hawkes

which means Danny is Mac's superior... things are going to get REALLY complicated.

Danny, superior's Mac?

No, i don't think.

Mac stay superior of Danny, Jo, Lindsay, Adam, Sheldon

About Danny, He obtains a promotion maybe because he realizes an act of bravery in one of the last two episodes of the season. Or then simply because he has receipt the necessary experience. After all, he waits for it since the season 1.

actually, Flack is a "Detective First Grade", the same as Mac & Jo... But if Danny's promoted, even though Flack, Jo and Mac get paid more, he'll be senior... So if Danny doesn't go back to the streets (maybe partnered with Don?) The Crime Lab chain of command would be:

Danny
Mac
Jo
Lindsay
Hawkes

which means Danny is Mac's superior... things are going to get REALLY complicated.

In "...Comes Around", Flack is referred to as Detective 3rd Grade by the slimy IA guy/cop in the courthouse hallway, so when did he get this magical promotion to 1st Grade?

Danny
Mac
Jo
Lindsay
Hawkes

In "...Comes Around", Flack is referred to as Detective 3rd Grade by the slimy IA guy/cop in the courthouse hallway, so when did he get this magical promotion to 1st Grade?

He got the promotion at the same time Danny magically came from a family of cops. :shifty:

That's the trouble, the writers change stuff when they need to...they don't stay consistent. They apparently had a few details changed on regular CSI too...the CBS website had Catherine as the one from Bozeman, and details about Grissom's dad that were changed onscreen. I guess NY is the same way.

Although continuity things don't scare me much anymore...after you've been a Highlander fan, you're pretty hard to scare in that area LOL. That fandom has worse continuity issues than any other one I've heard of.

Maybe Danny will turn down the promotion in the end and recommend Flack for it instead. Tripp on Miami went from Detective to Sgt, so maybe Flack could too.

I'd like to see it, anyway. I think Flack deserves it.

totally OT but love your icon, GNRF. That's Christian Kane, right? *is Angel fan* It's still hard thinking of Lindsey as also being a male name lol

Danny
Mac
Jo
Lindsay
Hawkes

Yes and no. Within the NYPD, detectives are police officers without supervisory authority. The different grades are granted to reflect time in service, increase pay grade, and recognition of excellence. A detective 1st grade has no more "authority" than a detective 3rd grade, just seniority. Bringing an additional command structure of the crime lab complicates things a bit, but not overly. Essentially, Mac, having been appointed as Head of the Crime Lab has authority over everyone working in his department, regardless of the fact that he doesn't technically have a "rank" (although TPTB could very well have simply neglected to let us on since with his Head position, it would be rather redundant to mention a Sgt or Lt rank) Now, Mac's only immediate boss as head of the Crime Lab, is the Chief of Detectives. Even if he doesn't have a 'rank' (which i don't doubt he does), if Danny remains in the Crime Lab, Mac will still be 2nd in the chain of command (the Chief being the only one above him).

What would be really interesting would be if with his promotion, Danny decides to leave the Crime Lab and be just a Sgt. Detective. Personally, i wouldn't be sorry in the slightest as it would be the perfect means to separating him from Lindsey at work. And I more picture Danny on the street anyway as opposed to a science detective.

So no, regardless of whether he stays in the Crime Lab or not, Danny will not be Mac's superior. If he does stay, "Head of the Crime Lab" trumps Sgt., and if he leaves, he and Mac fall into two entirely different chain of commands except for sharing the same Chief. Like Mac and Flack (who btw, has to be detective 1st Grade. but since it's not an exam position like Sgt, or an actual 'rank', i'm not surprised if they didn't work in a specific promotion event into the eps...)

So Flack is a First Grade? I knew it! :D

So, Jo & Mac would still be senior to Danny, being the Head & Assistant Head of the crime lab? Thats good to know, but I too would love to see him on the streets partnered with Flack instead of in the Crime Lab, it worked great when they transferred Sofia from the crime lab and partnered her with Brass on "CSI"

Until I see it somewhere other than unreliable wikis and fansites, Flack is a Detective 3rd Grade as per televised canon. "Because we needed him to be 1st Grade now" doesn't cut it.

CSI: NY' scoop about Danny and Lindsay's relationship
May 4th, 2011 11:06 pm ET

By Meredith Jacobs
Queens Primetime TV Examiner

CSI: NY, which is on Fridays at 9PM on CBS 2 in Queens, will be airing its season finale on May 13. The show has yet to be renewed for an eighth season, and it's not a lock for another year like the original CSI. Will this be the final episode of the New York detectives?

The season finale is "Exit Strategy," and Mac is going to be looking to tie up some loose ends:

"Following a near-death experience, Mac becomes determined to close his last remaining unsolved case."

That doesn't give any information about what's coming for Danny and Lindsay's relationship, which hasn't exactly always been the easiest, but executive producer Pam Veasey did give some scoop to TVGuide, saying that "Danny passes the sergeant's test," but when he does, his "new paygrade" will have some effect on the two:

"[You'll] get a hint of how dynamically different their working relationship might be."

Tune in to CBS 2 in Queens at 9PM on Friday, May 13, for "Exit Strategy" on CSI: NY. Are you a fan of the Danny-Lindsay relationship? Have you supported them since they first got together?

What will this mean for their future? It is difficult when one person makes more than another, and it is difficult when one person has a different status in a job. However, the two have seemed strong lately, though they have had their share of problems in the past, just like any other couple. What do you think this will mean for the Messers if CSI: NY returns for season 8? How do you think it will impact the rest of the lab?

source: http://www.examiner.com/primetime-tv-in-new-york/csi-ny-scoop-about-danny-and-lindsay-s-relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back