Season 7 Spoiler Discussion part 2 - Fighting Crime In Gotham

Status
Not open for further replies.
A photo of Gary on set this morning with the Jets.

I don't remember reading anything about them being in the episode from the initial spoilers. Hmm...

Rex Ryan Will Appear On CSI, And Yes, He’ll Have Lines

by Brad Cohen | 1:19 pm, February 23rd, 2011

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan and general manager Mike Tannenbaum will appear in an episode of CSI: New York this spring, which is a smart move by CBS considering the monster splash Ryan made on HBO’s Hard Knocks last summer.

The coach and GM were in Los Angeles to film their scene on Wednesday.

We’re not sure anything the writers come up with can match Ryan’s Emmy-worthy “let’s go eat a goddamn snack“ speech on Hard Knocks, but as Yahoo Sports! said, the writers would be remiss if they didn’t have Ryan examining a footprint.

Judging by a photo showing him and Tannenbaum reading scripts, it appears the two will have some lines. Unfortunately, the photo shows them surrounded by Jets helmets in the locker room, which leads us to believe they will be playing themselves, and not doing anything particularly fun (like investigating an armed robbery at Burger King).

Still, Ryan is always good for a little entertainment. But he isn’t the first Jets coach to make a cameo on a popular TV show. Ex-Jets and Browns coach Eric Mangini appeared on The Sopranos in 2007, but he didn’t have any speaking lines.

As everything Ryan says is pure gold, we’re hoping CSI writers are smart enough to give him as many monologues as possible.

source: http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/rex-ryan-will-appear-on-csi-and-yes-hell-have-lines/

Hollywood on set of CSI: NY.

It's really amazing that they got someone like Peter Fonda to guest-star on the series. Can't wait to see how he will portray his character. I am sure everyone is excited to have him and they can definitely learn a lot from him as an actor.

7.16 "Untouchable" Sneek Peak - - > http://bit.ly/g89Ndr

'CSI: NY' star Sela Ward considered retiring

by: Tyrone Warner
Date: 2/24/2011 3:44:00 PM ET
Acting wasn’t originally in 54-year-old Sela Ward’s plans.

Born in Meridian, Mississippi, Ward was working in New York City as a storyboard artist when she was recruited by the prestigious Wilhelmina modeling agency.

After deciding to try her luck in California, Ward landed her first feature film role alongside Tom Selleck in “The Man Who Loved Women,” which was released in 1983. Following her debut she made a number of appearances in film and television roles, eventually earning an Emmy for her portrayal of Teddy Reed in “Sisters.”

However, Ward started to feel the pinch of being an actress approaching her 40s when she was infamously denied a role in one of the James Bond films, starring then 42-year-old Pierce Brosnan.

It stung in particular when Ward heard through her agent that “What we really want is Sela, but Sela ten years ago.”

“I turned it into a positive and did a documentary for Lifetime on ageism in Hollywood… there were a lot of things in the vein of what I wanted to speak about, [such as] why our culture in the United States is so youth-obsessed and doesn't value and revere age and wisdom and life experience,” says Ward about her disappointment and response during an interview with CTV.ca.

“I've had that midlife crisis now three times. And at 54… the roles are there, but my experience is they're that very vanilla mom who really has nothing to say in the piece. And that's just not fun for me anymore.”

Ward had returned to television in the 1999 series “Once and Again” as Lily Manning. The performance earned her a second Emmy, as well as a Golden Globe Award.

So when “CSI: New York” came calling after lead actress Melina Kanakaredes departed the series in 2010, Ward wasn’t exactly excited at the prospect of joining another series.

Supposedly Ward had already spurned offers on roles as Megan Donner on “CSI: Miami” and Susan Mayer on “Desperate Housewives” (Teri Hatcher later took the part).

But “CSI: New York” reached out to Ward at exactly the right time.

“When this call came up… now that my children are older and I had thought I was going to retire, I was back to painting in my studio, and I was really bumping into walls,” remembers Ward.

“I was just so bored out of my mind. And I thought, ‘Oh, my God,’ because my identity is still so tied up into being an actor. And I really, really missed it. Really missed what I do, you know?”

After accepting, Ward had a number of discussions with “CSI: New York” producer Pam Veasey about her character Jo Danville while on vacation at her farm.

“I was trying to just do anything to grasp it, trying to develop a character when I really hadn't read a damn thing. This kind of show, it’s hard to create a real full character because you don't really get to delve into their personal lives for the most part,” says Ward.

“If you can find a way to create a real well-rounded character that's rich and interesting to watch, I think that only enhances the show. I'll let you know when I've gotten there.”

While that evidence she’s having a good time comes across onscreen during “CSI: New York,” Ward admits that during the first five episodes of the series, she felt over her head with the scientific expositional jargon… especially coming from the world of family drama.

“I hadn't watched enough of these shows before I said yes, because I was just plopped into something that was very different for me. But its fun now,” says Ward.

“Took me a while,” she adds with a laugh.

Despite all her challenges, Ward has had no regrets with “CSI: New York.”

“I can have a balance, and I'm so happy I did it. And it's so different, you know. It's such a different role that it's challenging and sort of shakes everything up for me.”

Unlike other actresses in Hollywood who have tried to deny the aging process by undergoing extensive plastic surgery, Ward has resisted, and says she is proud of the evidence of that, and can see it on screen in her performance on “CSI: New York.”

“Because it's been a while since I've worked, to be working and see the culmination of that life experience at 54 on screen… I love what I see up there because I see that much life lived, that much knowing, that much understanding, that much savviness, that much confidence. So that feels good,” says Ward.

“I love that [series star] Gary (Sinise) is a year older than I am. And we're adults playing… having fun.”

Catch “CSI: New York” Friday nights on CTV, with full episodes available online at CTV.ca.

source: http://shows.ctv.ca/CSINY/article/CSI-NY-star-Sela-Ward-considered-retiring#c_0

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Sela! :adore: I'm really glad she came on board and is having a fun time. She's created a new energy on CSI: NY and has renewed my interest in the show. I respect her a lot. :)

I love Sela, she's wonderful. I'm so glad she joined the show. Losing Melina sucked, but Sela just brings her own energy to the role, and I love Jo to bits. :adore:

“If you can find a way to create a real well-rounded character that's rich and interesting to watch, I think that only enhances the show. I'll let you know when I've gotten there.”

I think she's doing a pretty good job so far :). The storyline that's coming up with her daughter will add even more to her character :).

I love Sela, she's wonderful. I'm so glad she joined the show. Losing Melina sucked, but Sela just brings her own energy to the role, and I love Jo to bits. :adore:

I really like Sela too! :) She brings nice laid-back- southern energy to the show and I love her scenes a lot. Plus she seems to bring other sides from other characters too. Mac especially. I think they're a good team. :)

Not to mention her and Ellie's relationship is so cute and belieable when I was watching their scenes I totally understood Ellie's discomfort about boys and such Sela did a great job! :D

Why do they keep repeating names? Granted Lindsey and Lindsay are spelled differently. But now we have Ellie and Ellie. Except Jo's Ellie isn't the combative troublemaker Ellie Brass is, I don't think.

Hey is Jo married or divorced? I'd love just one married CSI/detective besides the couples formed during the show (Gris and Sara and D/L)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back