Season 3 - The Spoilers Continue

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

Thank you everyone for the spoilers! I sat through exam prep today in school going crazy because of all this happening on CSI NY, CSI, and The Office. I was dying :lol:

I'm...sort of sad that it was written like this...because it does feel rushed between Danny and Angell(IMO)..

So I skimmed this page, so forgive me if this has already been said, but if Danny calls Lindsay after the scene with Angell, then maybe he is feeling guility (maybe a different word..i can't think today) and he just needs to call Lindsay to feel less guilty, and the fact that he does miss her.

1CSIMfan, I feel the same way.I think TPTB just want to see what the viewers like.. I think this is what happened with Stella and Hawkes.---that scene at the end of Raising Shane.I think TPTB wanted to see the fan reactions to that, because I remember an interview a while back that basically said "Stella may have a new love interest this season and it may or may not be someone you already know"....so maybe they are just testing this pairing out. I wish they wouldn't :rolleyes: though..

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Having read the spoilers, it's not them 'bumping into each other.' When 1CSIMfan says "sexually charged," she means it. Carmine and Anna bumping into each other on set might have been the cause of all of the D/L nonsense, but this is a totally different story.

In fact, there's no indication that the scene with Angell and the phone call to Lindsay are at all related. Maybe, maybe not. He has no reason to feel guilty if he has feelings for anyone (including Angell) because he and Lindsay aren't in a relationship. *shrug*

We'll see, we'll see...

3. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Amen to that. I'm really hoping the two scenes are not related and most of all, that guilt is not what he's feeling. Man, I'm so curious to see how all this will be played out!! :D

4. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

WHAT IS GOING ON?! God. Why can't we just let Danny be to do his JOB? I don't care that they're trying to pair him up with Angell. Well, actually, I care a tiny bit. But having him leave an 'awkward' message on Lindsay's machine? That is something Danny Messer would not do. He's a playboy. He's gonna kick that chick to the curb and not worry about her because she's gone and doesn't care, so why should he?

5. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Now, I'm really curious! :eek:

Since Lindsay and Angell are two very different characters I have no doubt that it (if it happens) will indeed be a totally different story, but whether it's a story that people will like or another one that will be labeled as 'nonsense' ;) we'll just have to wait and see.

So that triangle thing is based on nothing! That's such a relief; I hated that idea - it would've been bad for all three involved :(

6. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I didn't say there was. Maybe I said it wrong. What I implied was that if that is the case where he only uses Angell as a one night stand deal or whatever, it makes him look a bit slutty, not over the top or anything, but still.

7. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

High-five. Thankyou lookaboomerang. They're pimping him out even more, is what's going on. It's all about playing up to fans. Take his shirt off in 'Here's to You Mrs Azrael' - fan's'll eat it up. And we did. The only mention of Danny in those reviews was the delight that he got his shirt off.

Very strong opinions for and against a D/L ship? Try another one on for size. He's got a huge growing fan base of girl's drooling over him (and understandably so! :D ). He's the 'hot young guy' of the show, and they are going to market that and play up to it as much as they can. :rolleyes:

8. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

We just like to speculate. It's been a long month so even the slightest hint of something can lead to a discussion... ;)

9. Faylinn

Well, it could very well be that it will turn into a love triangle or something similarly lame. :p But from what I've actually seen, it's just two scenes, and the phone call scene didn't scream 'damn, I'm feeling guilty'--so while it could indicate a love triangle (God, I hate typing that *sigh*), it doesn't necessarily mean that it will happen simply because he speaks to two separate women.

Besides, it's going to have so much to do with how the scenes are portrayed and everything else that happens in the episode before and after those scenes. There's one 'sexually charged' scene with Angell, but that doesn't mean they don't talk later on. ;)

Exactly. :lol:

10. audrina

audrina Police Officer

Sigh. I hope they don't do a triangle. I hate those. Put him with Lindsay, put him with Angell, put him with no one, just don't do a triangle. My view. They suck and don't belong on this show.

I read spoilers, and they actually say something like, the would kiss if they were not in a busy place. Sounds pretty intense. I will wait and see what airs.

11. Faylinn

Oh, and I just wanted to say a wee little something about the spoilers themselves. ;) I know it's exciting, but we all (myself included) need to make sure we don't give away too many details of the spoilers. I'd hate for all of the spoilers to go away because we're being rabid. *smacks own hand* Naughty Fay! :lol:

12. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

LMAO! Couldn't have stated that better myself. That is exactly what this is. What, did the D/L lovers really think Lindsey would return all issue-free and ready to rock and Danny would be right there waiting for her? Hell no. Fiction doesn't work that way.

That would be freakin' fantastic! Shouldn't be too hard to pull off. I think Danny's got better chemistry with the robospanker than he does with Lindsey. :lol:

Gee, do you think they've finally noticed that the actor who absolutely knocks it out of the park 98% of the time falls on his face when playing that storyline? :eek:

EXACTLY! He's always seemed to have girlfriends (references in the sushi restaurant, some bar mitzvah he had to attend, and Cindy calling). He's not hurting in that department and isn't gonna be pining away for some chick who turned him down and then skips town, leaving him only a note. :confused:

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

LMFAO! :lol: That's f*ck*n hilarious!

But I think all this means that there will be drama, and drama and drama. But I am excited for the Danny/Angell storyline. :D

14. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Holy Shite! I've only been gone from this thread since last night, and I come back to find 2.5 pages of juicy spoilers and rampant speculation! You folks rock, you move fast! :lol:

A sexually charged scene between Danny & Angell? *bounces excitedly in chair* Woo hoo, I'm all for it - if it's done well and makes sense within the plotline of course, and isn't stuck randomly in there simply to get some mileage out of a sexually charged scene between two hot looking people. (Although when all is said and done, it's all about the ratings, folks!)

And actually, I can see the phone call Danny makes to Lindsay making some sense, depending on the contents of the letter she leaves for him. If she poured out her heart to him and insinuates that she really cares for him and is expecting to take their friendship to another level when she gets back, then he might feel some twinge of guilt, if he is already over his short-lived crush on her and has moved on, at least mentally and emotionally, if not physically, yet. (Yet!!) Even though Danny can have his pick of women and certainly isn't hooked up with Lindsay, I can understand him feeling remorse over the situation with her, if he's attracted to someone else suddenly. Once again, depends on what her letter says. Whether he likes her romantically or not, he still cares for her very much as a co-worker and friend, and someone who's far from home and feeling vulnerable, on occasion. He might think "Uh oh, I started something that I'm not willing to finish. Now Lindsay is ready to move closer, and I'm starting to step back. What did I do?"

And I agree, no triangles, please! They were originally determined to have a love triangle between Grissom/ Sara/Sofia on the Vegas CSI, and tossed that to the curb. Thank goodness, it would have been demeaning to all characters involved. Hopefully CSI NY doesn't even consider going down that route.

I think, depending on the scene itself, that it just might be a "test drive" by the writers to see how audiences react to Danny/Angell, vs. Danny/Lindsay. TPTB have indicated in both interviews and the commentary on the dvd's that they are very, very aware of what is said by fans on the message boards. And if that's the case (re: test drive), I honestly don't think they're going to be able to satisfy everyone in CSI NY Fanland. Some folks are diehard D/L fans, some would love to see him with Angell or anyone else but Lindsay, and of course some would rather not see him hooked up romantically at all, with anyone that we actually see onscreen (the mystery girlfriend "Cindy" from his cell phone, anyone? :lol:)

15. CynRyn

CynRyn Witness

Well the health/healthcare system is the US is just generally screwed the **** up. Here u have to have insurance to get insurance and if u need insurance they won't cover u.

I recently dealt with an insurance battle/debacle. I'm still bitter. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.