Season 3 - The Spoilers Continue

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NERILKA

NERILKA Victim

Scenario: Danny and Sara Sidle meet, Get wasted, and start talking-Now that is a conversation I PAY to hear,LOL

2. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Me neither... Except I really do enjoy Robert Joy's scenes. :D I smile whenever he comes on. Most definitely the coolest ME to appear on NY, (along with Hawkes).

Absolutely...

:lol: I wish they would have some more Flack-centric episodes... We all love him. :)

3. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

We don't know that it's going to be like that - it might be just one isolated sexually charged/flirtatious situation, and nothing more. Everything being said here is simply speculation - something to talk about when reruns are on. And honestly, there can't possibly be a "love triangle", come to think about it, when Danny and Lindsay aren't even anything akin to being an item. He asked her out once, she stood him up, he accepted that with grace, and they have barely even interacted since then. I know I lamented the thought of a love triangle in an earlier post, but thinking about it, that's not even possible. Danny and Lindsay aren't dating, aren't an item, and TPTB have never promised that they'll even make them an item. They alluded to the blown date, which happened, but they have never talked about anything beyond that, except the letter.

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Thank you, thank you, thank you MBGrissom. :D

You're so right. There cannot be a love triangle when Danny and Lindsay have never been an item. They are not canon. Canon means that they are a couple and Danny and Lindsay are not a couple. A 'hug' scene (as it's been called) after a traumatic event does not make canon. Obviously Danny did ask her out but she stood him up (and didn't even explain why :rolleyes:). So, they never went out.

She's turned him down time and time again. In City of the Dolls he mentioned lunch and she backed out of that. Then in Love Run Cold she did the same thing. :rolleyes: He confronted her about their "chemistry" (which I don't see and he looked a little uncomfortable saying it. I noticed the smirk). Othen than telling him that she liked him A Lot, she basically told him she just wanted to work together and nothing more. They've barely been seen in the same scenes since.

TPTB promised a "moment" mid season for Danny and Lindsay. Where was it or does the letter count as the moment? Looks to me like they just forgot all about that moment (they don't always do what they say). They also said their thing would take place in the first four episodes (which it did). Lindsay needs to stand on her own two feet before she's thrown into a relationship.

I actually liked Lindsay when she first appeared on NY. I especially enjoyed her in Zoo York, Bad Beat, and Stuck on You. By mid-season she turned into some crazy person that you didn't know from one scene to the next and they haven't done much better with her this year. :confused:

Just because there's a "sexually charged" scene between Angell and Danny, doesn't mean they are dating or are gonna date (doesn't mean they won't either). Who knows what it means but it is just a small part of a bigger scene.

Also, we don't know how many times Danny has tried to call Lindsay (I can't see why he would after the way she's treated him) and how many more times he will before he gets tired of it. I suspect he's tried to call her in episode 15 too. We also don't know what else goes down in episode 16. I'm hoping that at some point, Danny asks Angell out. Guess we'll just have to wait until the episode airs.

Wow, February seems like a long time away. :mad:

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I definitely don't see the issue with anything happening between Danny and Angell. I've entertained the idea since "People with Money," and I'm interested to see what, if anything, the writers have planned for them. Emmanuelle is a great actress, Angell is a character with a lot of potential, and while I want her to get individual development, I've seen nothing that should make me immediately against the very idea of her in a relationship with Danny. Yes, it might make the character into a love interest and nothing more, but you never know. *shrug* I don't like the idea of Danny/Angell just because it would be something other than Danny/Lindsay, but at the same time I'm not going to cringe at the idea of Danny with anyone simply because I think the D/L thing was a fiasco.

In the end, like 1CSIMfan said, these few scenes aren't a large part of the episode. I'm interested to know more about the cases themselves. Are there a few teeny tiny spoilers someone can share about the cases? :D

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I have more info on Episode 16 - Heart of Glass

This time it's about the cases. Sorry, I got all excited about the Danny/Angell thing, I totally forgot to check out the cases. :eek:

Here's what I've found out:

Danny and Angell are working the case of a woman found dead in a bathtub. There's some confusion as to who owns the apartment and who would have killed her. BTW, Danny and Angell work this case ALONE. :p

Mac, Stella, and Hawkes are working the case of a man that was killed in his apartment (which was totally trashed) and his sister saw the whole thing. Flack is working with them. :D

7. paigeS

paigeS Dead on Arrival

FAYLINN I too wouldn't have an issue with Danny/Angell being in a relationship if I thought it wasn't just being done for the angst factor or as a prop for the D/L ship. Why not let their attraction develop over time, instead of rushing it. Having them work together 4 episodes in a row to me at least comes of looking as though they are trying to force the issue. Why didn't they try to start to develop their attraction while Lindsay was still around, why now while she is out of town. Its all to convenient IMO. As someone above me posted in the first episode of the season it was established that Danny had known Angell for a while, why now the sudden attraction. I mean Lindsay leaves in episode 14 and this moment happens between them in episode 16 and then in the same episode they have Danny calling Lindsay saying he misses her. I could have bought the concerned friend bit, if that scene had not been written into the next lot of scenes Danny appears in after his moment with Angell . Because that to me comes off looking as though he does feel something for Lindsay or in the least thats what the show are trying to get us to believe. I also agree with TOP41 when she said that its more realistic for Danny not to be sitting around waiting for Lindsay, I mean I cant blame the guy for moving on Lindsay did shut him down every opportunity she got, but she told him she couldnt be with him in episode 3 why not try and start to establish an attraction between him and Angell a couple of episodes after that, or at least have them interact. But at the end of the day this is all speculation i suppose we will have to wait and see what happens.

8. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Thank you. :) :lol: Besides since 1CSIM told us-- it's their case and of course-- they would be talking and flirtation doesn't mean alot. It's just casual conversation... besides, how "sexually charged" can it be, anyway?

Even though I'm D/L, I think that Danny/Angell would be alright if it wasn't for the fact that I see that they're using her as a prop as well... It's like bringing Peyton for the sake of being Mac's love interest. It doesn't seem genuine to me anymore, because it's almost as if they're trying to stir things up by getting Lindsay jealous or something. A waste of the beautiful Detective Angell...

Then again, it's just a vague spoiler and doesn't mean that Danny and Angell are actually dating and it's just a scene.

I probably make no sense whatsoever and am only contradicting myself.

9. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Same here. I thought they had an interesting dynamic right from the beginning, and it kinda reminded me of the way Danny flirted with Maka in S1. Angell's character is obviously not fully developed yet but I really liked what I've seen so far and I've grown to like her.

That's a key point so thank you for bringing that up. I totally agree with you here. :) Of course you cannot think about D/L after reading something like that but that's not what made me giggle at the news when I first read it.

10. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I agree to this as well. I just don't like the fact that it seems as though Angell's being used as a prop. If there was no DL, I would be all for this ship. Heck, I'd say I'll ship this ship, just not under the circumstances that we've all been spectating about.

11. ka990

ka990 Police Officer

I dunno - all this speculation about Danny/Angell/Lindsay/Mac/Peyton/Stella - makes me glad I'm a Flack fan - you don't have to worry 'cos nothing ever happens with him! ;) :(

12. DL4Eva

DL4Eva Dead on Arrival

I've probably been DL for too lond and so Danny and Angell seems completely wrong. If it was not for Lindsay I would be all for it. However, why all of a sudden is Angell brought in for a "sexually charged" scene. It seems as though they just brought her in to keep tension for when Lindsay returns.

For all we know, this scene may not even be anything. I certainly don't think it will progress to become canon though. It could just be a hug if Angell has a draumatic experience with one of the cases. Like a case that I might effect her from her past. We don't know her past so this could be possible. Danny might just be consolling her with his arm around her!

13. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I just love reading all these speculations. I'm just going to sit back with my popcorn and enjoy the episode..and hope they leave it as is. :p

14. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^That sounds like you've only revealed 'the tip of the iceberg' :D (which is probably right ;)).

I just love this spoiler so much because of all the speculation it has started. I cannot wait to see what will and will not be true in the end :)

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*Share's Rhonda's popcorn and smiles* Yes, I'm definitely hoping they leave that scene as-is. And I know I'll enjoy it, because this is NY and the cases look really interesting. ;)

I love all of the speculation as well, particularly seeing different interpretations of the information...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.