Season 3 - The Spoilers Continue

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

First of all everyone needs to stop jumping to conclusions we have no idea how the writers are going to write anything for future episodes. All it said in the spoilers is that there is a sexually charged scene between Danny and Angell. That doesn’t mean they are going to put Danny and Angell in a relationship. And in Angell first episode Danny teased her about some Detective finally taking the training wheels off so obviously Angell first episode wasn’t the first time they met so who knows how long they have known each other. And who knows what Danny says to Lindsay when he calls her. We have no idea Lindsay big secret or what the note to Danny says or how he will react. So stop worrying the CSI writers have been writing CSI for like 7 years they know what they are doing. And so what if they put Danny and Angell in a relationship all that means is we could get more scene with Carmine shirtless and well that’s just great TV for everyone.

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

That's what makes spoilers fun, being able to speculate or as you call it "jump to conclusions". You're right Railynn, it doesn't mean they're gonna put Danny and Angell in a relationship, but it also doesn't mean they won't.

From what I've seen, there just seems to be more to this "scene" than random "how fast can Danny get Angell into bed". He's sincere with her and that says a lot. It is a surprise to both of them and Danny's not looking for a booty call. We'll just have to wait. If too many spoilers get out about it, they could be taken away (the spoilers, not the scenes). Does anybody want to lose our spoilers??

From what I've seen, the phone call Danny makes to Lindsay doesn't have anything to do with his encounter with Angell. He's just calling to check up on her (it's later on in the episode). I'm not surprised that she doesn't talk to him. To reiterate what I said above, we don't want to give everything away.

It will be interesting to see exactly what Lindsay put in her letter to Danny. I doubt that she's declared her love for him. It's probably just something short and to the point. Like she's been with him this season (well, when they still talked).

Railynn, I have to agree with you again. However we can get more shirtless!Carmine is good for me.

Also, they haven't even started filming this episode yet. Anything can be added or taken away before they actually tape the episode.

I almost fell out of my chair when I found out about it last night. I was so excited, I could barely type my post.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I have to admit, I'm a little excited about this, too. :D It's about time Danny, who is pretty much sex on a stick ;) , got paired with someone he has actual sexual chemistry with. I've seen much about how "cute" Danny and Lindsay are, but whether you think there's chemistry between them or not, I don't think I've every seen anyone post that they're actually sexy together. Danny and Lindsay might be cute in some scenes, but I never get a sense of actual sexual tension between them.

There's potential for that with Angell. And--though this was a pairing I actually liked and one that was filled with sexual tension--remember Catherine and Warrick? That was a HUGE part of season 5, but then it got dropped like a hot potato when Warrick got married. That could be what's happening here with Danny and Lindsay. Though I'm not going to get my hopes up just get, I think it's a step in the right direction.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

You know, I was thinking about this a bit earlier:

I would think the main reason for mentioning Lindsay at all is just that--to mention her while she's gone. So wouldn't it have been a better scene if Stella called her on the phone? I mean, she was the one who Lindsay actually confided in, after all. Something like, "Hey Lindsay, it's Stella, I just wanted to call and see how everything is going. We all miss you and can't wait until you get back, kiddo." Or something like that. Mention that bonding moment with the two of them in "Silent Night," give a little hint that everyone is thinking about her, etc. By having Danny call and leave an awkward message, all they remind you of is that they expect you to believe there's something there (which they've never actually done with the characters). A call from Stella would be more meaningful, if you ask me, and it would say more about Lindsay's relationship with the whole team...

And as for the Angell scene--the more I think about it, the more I wonder why, exactly, they'd use Angell if it was just to make him feel guilty? Why use a minor character for that when they could have done it with a random girl walking by? They could, I dunno, ask a waitress if she's seen someone and she flirts, or something like that--same result but without mucking with a peripheral character. Why did it have to be Angell? It makes you wonder...

5. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I'm going to feel so sorry for Danny I mean he really likes her, but I understand why she chose to do what she did.

I can't wait to see them back on screen again!!!

6. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Faylinn, perhaps they "used" Angell because they watched she and Danny onscreen, and couldn't possibly deny that they had chemisty? :) ;) *once again, bounces excitedly in chair*

7. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

I'm sure of that, but it doesn't mean they are actually doing what we like and what we don't like. The majority of posters here don't like Peyton... yet she's signed on for more episodes.
    The majority of people hated Natalia, and they made her a regular.. :rolleyes:

And the GSR hookup stirred discussion and argument between fans... So I don't really think that they actually care about people on the boards.

8. paigeS

paigeS Dead on Arrival

FAYLINN I was thinking the exact same thing as you, why does it have to be Danny call her. Why not Mac or Stella. And the only conclusion I can come to is the same one you did, they want you to think there is something there. I would also hazard a guess that after those scenes play out with Angell, the next set of scenes we see Danny appear in are the ones where he makes the phonecall to Lindsay. IMO they want you to think that whatever transpires between Danny/Angell causes him to try and contact Lindsay. I dont know if Danny had tried to contact Lindsay before this phonecall, but I get the destinct impression if he had she hasnt been returning his calls just from what he says in that message he leaves. And that would make sense seeing as she couldn't face him before she left either. If she didnt want to talk to him then, I cant see her wanting to talk to him now.(For what reason, I have no idea.) Also I think that Mac and maybe Stella are the only ones that really know where Lindsay is. The others might know she is testifying at a trial back in Montana, but I bet they don't know its the trial of a case she was directly involved in.

TOP41. I was seriously mad at csi when they canned the whole Warrick/Catherine storyline. I too thought they had great chemistry. But the difference here was the person they married him off to, has hardly made an appearence on the show.(Therefore it reduced the drama/angst) We didnt see Catherine interact with Warricks wife. And I cant see NY cutting back Emanuelles screentime to that of the actress that plays Warricks wife. Or never have her appear in a scene with Lindsay. Why have her appear so much(especially while Lindsays in Montana. 4 eps straight that i know of) then basically cut her back to nothing that wouldnt make any sense to me. As Faylinn said if the angle they were going for was one of guilt why not just have him flirt with some random girl. If they wanted to put him in a relationship, why not someone we never saw but he made reference to(like Cindy). IMO they are pairing him up with Angell so we can see all the drama/angst play out on screen. Because I am certain that the show want us to believe that Lindsay does have feelings for him per the whole " I like you. alot" speech in LRC.(And I doubt whether thats changed since shes been in Montana). So if the show have him start something with Angell it's going to have to cause some tension whether we like it or not. Heres my scenario. Please don't shoot me. lol Lindsay doesn't return his phonecalls so he gives up on her, he starts something with Angell , Lindsay returns ready to be with him, hes with Angell. Lindsay has some lame excuse for not returning his calls. Danny finds out about Lindsay deep dark secret and then understands why she shut him out. Which in turn leads to tension between D/L, D/A and L/A. Whats the bet we see Danny/Angell/Lindsay work a scene when Lindsay returns. Angst, Angst, Angst. Man if it plays out this way i will seriously start throwing things at my TV screen. I just cant help but think this whole thing is a prop for the D/L ship. I seriously hope I am wrong. Because if I wanted to watch a soap opera, I would tune into Days Of Our Lives.

9. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

I REALLY hope they dont add anyone new as a regular to CSI NY..the cast is good now..no new "regular" characters are needed. Leave everyone else not in the opening credits on the recurring list and I;ll be happy :p

10. audrina

audrina Police Officer

Sorry if I leaked too many details ... this round of spoilers were just so juicy! The coming weeks should be interesting ....

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Woman, you weren't the only one who thought it was juicy! Welcome to the club. :lol: (And I think we were all guilty of getting into the details. ;))

I can hope, but they've only worked maybe two cases together, so I'm inclined to agree with paige that it's being done so they can play up the angst when Lindsay gets back. I honestly just wish they'd try to develop characters and create interest without resorting to romance...

Ah, but there are some great recurring characters! :lol: Honestly, as much as I'd love to see AJ Buckley and Robert Joy added to the main credits, I'm just hoping that they keep them around next season. :p

12. english_rose

english_rose Victim

i wish that Angell and Danny could have just stayed friends instead of, as always, resulting to romance. It seems wrong that Angell's character is just going to be used to create angst on the show.
    Although lots of people can see Danny and her as a couple for me it just doesn't really fit - but that's just my opinion. So even though I would like to see more of Angell I'd rather her just be a coworker and friend to the team.

13. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Yeah, otherwise they'd have had a topless Flack by now (and no, COTP doesn't count, lol!)

As for these spoilers. I'm wondering if maybe TPTB had an idea for a Danny plot that needed him in a relationship near the end of the season, and then found that Anna was going to be unavailable, so they're hooking him up with Angell.

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

This is definitely true, for the most part. They can't write their show based entirely on what the fans want--it wouldn't be their show anymore in they did. And the fact is, fans never agree. They probably thought a lot of the fans wanted GSR (which a lot of fans did), but when they actually paired them up on screen, all of the detractors came out of the woodwork. That's going to happen anytime a major change comes in a show. Some people love it, others hate it.

I think no matter what happens in the long run with A/D/L, it's going to be a love triangle for a while. If Danny and Angell pair off (which we still don't know if they will), Lindsay is going to be jealous/upset, because it's obvious she likes Danny. I have a feeling she will want to be with him when she comes back from Montana, and honestly, if he's got any sense of pride, he'll have moved on by then. For all his intensity, Danny can be a real doormat when it comes to people he cares about (he's been that way with both Mac and Lindsay), but enough is enough. Having him move on with Angell is much more believable than have him sitting around waiting for Lindsay, and let's face it, is much better drama, which is what this show is about. ;)

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Danny does deserve someone! He's had soo much drama he needs some action.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.