Season 3 - The Spoilers Continue

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I like Angell too and hope she isn't just being used to put up another road block between those starcrossed lovers, Danny and Lindsay. But TV dramas (and comedies) love the angst and love to keep couples apart. And love triangles are popular, for better or worse. I'm not opposed to one if the conclusion isn't foregone. Angell should be a serious contender for Danny if they're going to go this route, but I doubt she will be. I really hope the writers prove me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath. If they do prove me wrong...I'll be pleasantly surprised, and raise a toast to them for avoiding the cliche.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I am scary! :lol: :D

On a more serious (or at least, mod) note, I'm going to have to ask that you guys not link to promos that aren't on the main CBS site or YouTube. Yes, I realize that the CBS site is pretty much impossible to access for some, but I believe YouTube is pretty accessible. Sorry, guys, but it's a copyright issue.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion of the newly minted Angell-Danny-Lindsay love triangle. Maybe Flack will just let Angell and Lindsay duke it out and spirit Danny away while they're not looking. :devil:

3. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Danny and Angell? :eek: Man, I go to bed and wake up to find new spoilers and a new, potential ship that I really like? Seems the New Year is starting to shape real good... ;)

Top, I really hope you're right. The actors have a lot more chemistry and you can definitely feel something when they're on screen together. Now, I don't necessarily like seeing Danny involved in a relationship, I kinda prefer him as the "lone wolf" but if the writers are going in this direction then this pairing is a lot more believable than D/L, at least IMHO. Hopefully they won't drag this triangle until the end of the season...

Now, I see you ladies have already provided all the info but since I'm really curious I'm going t ohave to check that for myself... :D

ETA: Okay, I just -love- how they described this little moment of sexual tension between Danny and Angell. And it intrigues me that Danny calls Lindsay a few pages after this scene. The guy's obviously starting to realize he can't wait forever. :devil:

4. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

While I think Danny.Angell is good for storyline purposes..this sounds like its just a prop for Danny/Lindsay and that sounds great to me ;)

THEY NEED MORE FLACK ON THIS SHOW :mad:

5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Top, I love your way of thinking. You sure called this one.

It's my hopes that this Danny/Angell thing will put a wedge between DL. She's blown him off so many times. Why should he sit around and wait for her? They've never dated (considering she stood him up) and they've never proclaimed their love for each other. All she did was say she liked him, a lot. A little childish and then he said he just wanted to hang out. What are they 13 or something?

Maybe when Lindsay comes back, Danny and Angell will already be in a relationship or Danny will tell Lindsay that he's interested in someone else. Who wouldn't want to go after someone that actually showed interest in them?

I'm sure Danny wasn't too happy with her just up and leaving and not tell him again (hmm..back to the date she stood him up on) even though she left a note. That's the coward's way out. If I was Danny, I'd look to move on too.

Yes, he calls her up but I don't read too much into it. He seems nervous and unsure and who knows how exactly he'll deliver the line about missing her. It could be sincere. Also, he may just get tired of her always avoiding him. Why would you want to avoid Danny Messer??

Orison, I'll pm you later about that DA scene.

6. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I don't think they figure in anywhere--Flack sure doesn't appear to be a part of anything this season. It's been nice to see Hawkes has finally gotten some great stuff, though. With half the season over, I wonder what's in store for the second half? I expect more Lindsay backstory, undoubtedly more Mac, probably some more Danny and a little something for Stella, too. Hawkes had his storylines in the front half already so he probably won't get any more major stories. But I think poor Flack has been exiled to the subplot basement.

7. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

Wow. That's just about all I can say right now. To me, it seems like Danny needs something to tie him over till Lindsay gets back, and maybe he'll get lucky with Angell. She doesn't seem that type of person though. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out- just remember (I get this all the time with my DL stuff that I love so much) the spoilers have so far seemed awesome, but haven't really lived up to anything all that spectacular...

That is all.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

As much as I'd rather see Danny with Angell than Lindsay, I really like Angell and don't want her to be a booty call because Danny is still hung up on whatever he thinks he has with Lindsay. :rolleyes: We'll have to wait and see how these specific scenes play out, how they fit into the overall episode, and what (if any) consequences there will be for them. Suffice it to say that it would be really cheap, for all parties involved, if the writers had Danny "get lucky" to hold him over until Lindsay gets her shit together. :rolleyes:

9. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

That sounds kind of...wrong to me (and it's nothing against you or anything) it just doesn't seem 'right' to have him hook up with someone while Lindsay's gone then drop that person when she gets back. And Im not saying he can't hook up with someone because of Lindsay, if they want to put Danny and Angell that's fine, but then they should just drop the whole D/L storyline cause love triangles rarely work out on TV.

ETA: Yes, Fay thank you ;)

10. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

they REALLY need to focus more on Flack..I am not too happy with this season so far

11. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

Me, too! Which is why I'm pinning my hopes on getting some long overdue Flack development next season or else I'll be checking out what's on other channels at that time. I do like the entire cast overall but it's boring to see the same characters getting story lines and development while Flack's treated like a recurring character instead of a main cast character.

12. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

Oh it sounds completly wrong to me too. It makes Danny look like a total slut, not gonnna lie. That's why (or one reason) I'm not a fan of the new news we've recieved. It makes Danny look bad, Angell look bad, and Lindsay look bad. And whether you like them or not, you don't want anyone on a TV show you enjoy looking bad.

13. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

^
    ^
    From what's been posted, there hasn't anything (IMO) that shows Danny acting like a "slut", no spoilers saying he randomly hooks up with someone, etc.

We don't know the basis for Danny and Angell's 'intense interaction' or why Danny ends up calling Lindsay (could be he heard about what happened in Silent Night and he's worried about her or a number of other reasons). Also, there's no real evidence there will be a D/L/A triangle, it's mostly just speculation.

14. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

I agree..I have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and love them both but with the new recurring characters this year and lack of Flack this season so far is BY FAR my least favorite but I hope it picks up now and maybe Flack will get more story. He is obviously popular judging by these boards and other sites so I dont get why they are backburning his character

15. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Great spoiler 1CSIMfan! It's just amazing how those two little lines can cause so much consternation :D

I've not been here for a day and it took me quite a bit to read al these posts. I had so much fun doing that though :)

About this 'love triangle'; I think that just speculation blown way out of proportion :rolleyes: IMO they're just trying to find ways to make Lindsay part of an ep without her actually being there (which -if that's true- I really like).

So Danny and Angell are going to share an intense look, bump into each other or something like that which (for some reason) makes him call Lindsay. And the fact that she's not answering her phone and he has to leave a message gives them a good excuse to have him receive an answer in the next ep and bring up Lindsay again :p

I'm really happy we're gonna see Angell again; I think she's a great addition to the show. And I do hope (not because I'm a D/L shipper) that she will be given a fair chance to shine on her own.

I do understand that for the love of ratings the writers/producers are adding some romance to the show, but I think that, if this triangle thing is gonna happen, that they're taking it a bit too far.

Thanks for that spoiler catey. If Christina Aguilera is gonna guest star in this ep this is probably gonna be her role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.