Season 3 - The Spoilers Continue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faylinn said:
Absolutely. :D And with the little hint in "Raising Shane" that they're good friends outside the job as well (Danny knew things about Sheldon that neither Mac nor Stella knew ;)), it'll be great to see them working together again. :)

I'm glad you mentioned that because I thought it was a nice touch, and I like the idea of Danny and Hawkes being friends outside the lab.

From tvguide:

The Lying Game

A female impersonator who performed at a party in a ritzy hotel is found dead in a men's room stall. He was drowned in the toilet. The investigation reveals the victim confronted a congressman at another hotel event shortly before being murdered. Across town, a man's body is found inside of a city salt truck. Also, Lindsay is asked to testify in a multiple-homicide trial in Montana. She was the only witness to the murders of four of her friends.

Interesting.

Thank you so much for posting that!!
That clears up everything, but then again maybe it doesnt. Because that doesn't explain why Lindsay is so reluctant to tell Danny herself that she is leaving, if it is for something that has to do with working..

eta: I'm not thinking straight..of course it would be hard to tell Danny that she survived a quadruple murder..

I think that's a good way to have her leave, sending her to testify in the trial. It makes sense for her to go, and explains why she's suddenly having issues with what happened--the trial is what is dragging it up, and recent circumstances have made it even harder to relive what happened.

However, why is the trial only happening now? We don't know exactly how old Lindsay is, but I'm guessing about 30. Did they not catch the murderer(s) until recently? Or maybe there's something I don't know about the legal system...

As for why she leaves a note rather than tell Danny herself--do we have any indication that she tells everybody she's going? Maybe only a few people even know that she's leaving. *shrug* Lindsay doesn't strike me as the type to announce her business to the world, so that's my opinion anyway. Honestly, I think it would have just been better if either everyone knew she was leaving, even if they didn't talk to her about it, or else she didn't tell everyone--leaving a note for Danny is just...random. :confused:

I think that's a really good storyline for her to leave too. I thought it was going to be she needed some emotional break or whatever, but I'm glad they did it this way.

About her leaving a letter to Danny, I agree with Fay she doesn't seem to be a very open person. I agree it would be better if she actually talked to him, but I don't think we should judge until we see the scene, or we find out why a note was written instead of a verbal exchange.

Radical618 said:
I think that's a really good storyline for her to leave too. I thought it was going to be she needed some emotional break or whatever, but I'm glad they did it this way.

About her leaving a letter to Danny, I agree with Fay she doesn't seem to be a very open person. I agree it would be better if she actually talked to him, but I don't think we should judge until we see the scene, or we find out why a note was written instead of a verbal exchange.
Oooh, man. That is a very good reason for her to leave. I knew the writer's would come through and not hav some silly excuse. Makes good sense.
AND yes, I agree with you guys, the note is a bit random. I know her and Danny have a little history and she prob wants to tell him without making a bit deal about it, and make a scene. AND, yes, I'm sure it will be "played out" out well and not look as silly as it sounds.

I'm so excited now! "The Lying Game", is that the one that airs on the 10th??

No, I'm pretty sure this is episode 14 we're talking about here. Isn't "Obsession" the next episode? :)

It makes some sense for Lindsay to be called on to testify at a homicide trial, even if the event happened years ago. If she were about 17 when it happened and she's now about 30ish, then it happened in about 1993 - lots of advances in DNA etc. since then. Perhaps new evidence has come to light since it happened due to advances in technology (maybe the murderer was never caught or actually convicted due to lack of evidence at the time?)

Several years ago, I was hunted down by the FBI and called upon to testify at a homicide trial a full 10 years after a murder occured (but the killer was never caught the first time around) - involving two people that I had briefly met while in California, 14 years before. I didn't even know anything, I never saw a murder happen, I barely knew these people, except to unfortunately witness one random violent scene between them & had called the police, so my name was on record. New technology had allowed new evidence to come to light, allowing them to put the killer on trial years later, & I was simply called upon to retell what I remembered seeing 14 years earlier. So if Lindsay had actually been the sole survivor of a multiple homicide, she would definitely be needed as a key witness, no matter how long ago the event occured. Her testimony would be crucial and mandantory. I'm glad they did something like this for the storyline, it pulls all the loose ends together.

Faylinn said:
No, I'm pretty sure this is episode 14 we're talking about here. Isn't "Obsession" the next episode? :)
Okay, yeah, 'cause I was gonna say...this Lindsay thing happened a bit too quick, just to have her suddenly have to go testify...the first episode back... if that made any sense... okay, thanks.

Okay, so Obession is on the 10th, and The Lying Game is the 24th (according to TVGuide.com) and so where's the 17th? Did I miss something??

New info? Sweet! :D

I have to say I like the idea of sending her back to Montana to testify, though I'm not sure how they're going to explain a few weeks' absence. Granted, I know nothing about the US justice system but could this last more than a single testimony? Maybe she'll decide to spend some time with the family while she's there...

Faylinn said:
As for why she leaves a note rather than tell Danny herself--do we have any indication that she tells everybody she's going? Maybe only a few people even know that she's leaving. *shrug*

The info I got wasn't really clear about this point. Hawkes knew, and I'm sure Mac knows. Stella, I have no idea. :)

I really like the explanation for Lindsay's absence. Could be that they only know found a suspect, or the case was indeed reopened because of new evidence. It would be enough though to bring all the surpressed memories back to the surface.

Still don't have a clue how they're going to explain the fact that she's leaving Danny (and only him ?!) a note instead of saying goodbye in person, but I'm hopeful again that they come up with something nice.

I think one of the excuses she told Hawkes was that he was outside all the time working on a case so she didn't get a chance to talk to him, and that's why she's leaving a note. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back