Season 13 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 1

The thread for the upcoming "Code Blue Plate Special" episode airing October 10th, is now up and you can find it here. :)

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation 13.09 "Strip Maul"

"Chasity" / Heather is a prostitute on the Vegas strip. So far tonight she's made $2300 and apparently managed to steal someone's debit card. Heather also has a surprising connection to someone from Brass's past...

"Chasity" / Heather is a prostitute on the Vegas strip. So far tonight she's made $2300 and apparently managed to steal someone's debit card. Heather also has a surprising connection to someone from Brass's past...

Oh, maybe a Ellie reference? That would be awesome.

Lol at 'Heather'. The new 'Hank'.

I would love an Ellie reference. Time and maturity can forge new bonds with children; a reconciliation would be awesome.

Last edited:
TV Guide's Ask Matt

Question: CSI really didn't deal with Nick quitting during the season premiere. By the end of the episode, he seemed like he was back at work and that was it. Do they plan on dealing with the fact that he quit, or is that storyline pretty much done? It seems like everything that deals with Nick is swept under the rug, which is a shame. — Connie

Matt Roush: I'm not sure what's in store and have only watched the first two episodes of the season, but it seems to me they resolved his dilemma by reinforcing how much he was needed during the cliffhanger crisis, and he put aside his angst to get the job done, after which he's back in business — as you pretty much knew he would be, right? These "I'm quitting" season-ending quandaries are so bogus, and beneath the status of one of the few remaining original players. He probably does deserve better storylines, but CSI has always been an ensemble show in name only, and while the supporting cast will get big moments on occasion, the current stars are unquestionably Ted Danson and Elisabeth Shue (both bringing quite a lot to the latest reinvention), and to expect otherwise is setting yourself up for disappointment.

We're used to disappointments! :( As a fan of CSI I don't think Elizabeth Shue brings all that much to this 'reinvention' of CSI. I can do without the character of Finn.

-----------​

Inside EW

Hey Sandra. I’m a big Stokes fan. Can I get some Nick-centric CSI scoop? — Dani
Nick Stokes is going to get his by a major case of puppy love — literally. In the in Oct. 31 episode, Nick will find himself bonding with a dog from the K-9 unit while investigating the death of the pooch’s human companion. By the end of the episode (and after heaps of adorable moments), he might find himself in a committed relationship.

I'm eagerly awaiting those "heaps of adorable moments". :)

Susan

Press release for "It Was A Very Good Year."

THE DEATH OF A FAMED MUSIC HISTORIAN LEFT IN A PIANO HAS AN EMOTIONAL EFFECT ON SANDERS, ON “CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION,” WEDNESDAY, OCT. 24

Episode Features Music From Grammy And Academy Award- Winning Entertainer Frank Sinatra And From The “Rat Pack” Era

CHEAT TWEET: Sinatra and Rat Pack era music plays as the team looks for a killer! #CSI 10/24 10pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/TspS0B

"It Was A Very Good Year" — When a famed music historian is murdered and left in a piano, it has an emotional effect on Sanders, who had a past with her, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Wednesday, Oct. 24 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Music from Frank Sinatra and the “Rat Pack” era, including “More Than You Know,” “Without A Song” and “It Was A Very Good Year,” are featured in the episode.

SERIES REGULARS:
Ted Danson (D.B. Russell)
Elisabeth Shue (Julie Finlay)
George Eads (Nick Stokes)
Paul Guilfoyle (Captain Jim Brass)
Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle)
Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders)
Robert David Hall (Dr. Robbins)
David Berman (David Phillips)
Wallace Langham (David Hodges)
Elisabeth Harnois (Morgan Brody)
Jon Wellner (Henry Andrews)

GUEST CAST:
Jessica Lee Keller (Alison Bailey)
Erhun Akpinar (Ledo Wright)
Frankie Aydugan (Tommy Grazetti, age 21)
Channon Roe (Lenny “Moondog” Vanders)
Toby Huss (Frank Sinatra/Jeff Levitt)
Marcus Brown (Stage Manager)
Jay Acovone (Tommy Grazetti (present day))

WRITTEN BY: Gavin Harris
DIRECTED BY: Frank Waldeck

TV Guide's Ask Matt

Question: CSI really didn't deal with Nick quitting during the season premiere. By the end of the episode, he seemed like he was back at work and that was it. Do they plan on dealing with the fact that he quit, or is that storyline pretty much done? It seems like everything that deals with Nick is swept under the rug, which is a shame. — Connie

Matt Roush: I'm not sure what's in store and have only watched the first two episodes of the season, but it seems to me they resolved his dilemma by reinforcing how much he was needed during the cliffhanger crisis, and he put aside his angst to get the job done, after which he's back in business — as you pretty much knew he would be, right? These "I'm quitting" season-ending quandaries are so bogus, and beneath the status of one of the few remaining original players. He probably does deserve better storylines, but CSI has always been an ensemble show in name only, and while the supporting cast will get big moments on occasion, the current stars are unquestionably Ted Danson and Elisabeth Shue (both bringing quite a lot to the latest reinvention), and to expect otherwise is setting yourself up for disappointment.
We're used to disappointments! :( As a fan of CSI I don't think Elizabeth Shue brings all that much to this 'reinvention' of CSI. I can do without the character of Finn.

-----------​

Inside EW

Hey Sandra. I’m a big Stokes fan. Can I get some Nick-centric CSI scoop? — Dani
Nick Stokes is going to get his by a major case of puppy love — literally. In the in Oct. 31 episode, Nick will find himself bonding with a dog from the K-9 unit while investigating the death of the pooch’s human companion. By the end of the episode (and after heaps of adorable moments), he might find himself in a committed relationship.
I'm eagerly awaiting those "heaps of adorable moments". :)

Susan

Agree on both points, Susan! You know, I really don't remember in the old days the show basically being taken over by Grissom and Catherine. I don't know why it has to be that way now with DB and Finn.

Wish they would stop re using names

At first when I saw "Heather" I got all excited thinking Lady Heather was back

Back