Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't find it on the website but ET just did a thing on CSI. Nick and DB meeting. :)

It went something like this:
Nick and Catherine are just arriving at the scene, Sara's there.

(may not be the exact lines ;))
Sara: 'two DB's' (or something to that effect)
Nick: takes a look around, counts 3 - 'I thought you said there were 2?'
DB: laying on the floor slightly away from the others - "You must be Stokes."
Nick: "You must be contaminating the crime scene." :lol:

They also did a very short clip where Ecklie asks Morgan why Vegas but I don't think they showed the answer.

Susan

LMAO! Oh, Nicky! Hehe.
I love that clip. The dude asks if he's dead and Nick says "do I look like an angel to you?" haha!

And did I spy Greggo in a nice blue polo like shirt? They made it look like he was watching Morgan as she talked to Ecklie, but I doubt that's what was going on lol.

Dizzney, I only saw Greg that one time in the blue shirt. Where did it show him a second time?

And DB chuckling and saying "I love Vegas". Heh.

While searching through Tweets, I saw this...
George Knapp
CSI is shooting a new episode at the mob museum..and they've got a great twist in the script...someone we all know gets killed.
And by him also
Okay, you dragged it out of me. The way I hear it, Oscar Goodman plays himself in CSI episode. Oscar gets killed.

Holy crap! That first part worried me. I was like "oh no please don't kill off Vartann". Then I saw that about Oscar Goodman and was like "who?" :lol: Then I remembered some talk about some political figure being in the show and realized that's probably who Oscar is lol.

Clip looks great :). I too am unhappy about Cath being demoted. But other than that DB seems to fit in quite nicely and the case looks interesting. Oh and I really like Morgan, it'll be cool to have her around.

The behind the scenes treats still aren't enough to make me buy the DVDs. Haven't yet! 14 years and counting! :D (I count ER and West Wing too for Jorja stuff).

I'm not crazy about the Von Teese thing either, but I guess it targets a certain demographic, and the rest of us can just skip it. :)

Just a wasted "extra" when they could give us outtakes or something else we really want to see. Might as well include a Carrot Top stand up routine and a Bill Irwin soliloquy.
There have been many wasted extras over the years as far as I am concerned on the DVD's. I just wish one year they would give us bloopers.

Well that's what I mean. She was a guest star...I'd rather see extras with the CSI characters.

I like what I've seen of the premier so far. Aside from Cath's "you're the boss" comment they seem happy.

And did I spy Greggo in a nice blue polo like shirt? They made it look like he was watching Morgan as she talked to Ecklie, but I doubt that's what was going on lol.

Dizzney, I only saw Greg that one time in the blue shirt. Where did it show him a second time?
He was also in his blue lab coat when you see Hodges and then it was him and Henry I think in the hallway looking. His hair is a little darker from the looks of it.

The behind the scenes treats still aren't enough to make me buy the DVDs. Haven't yet! 14 years and counting! :D (I count ER and West Wing too for Jorja stuff).

I wouldn't be able to resist the early seasons if I had the money for it. I only have seasons 1 and 5 because I found them for 5bucks each at a rummage sale. I had NY season 1 but traded it, it's on TV all the time right now and I can also get it from the library where I work.

Loved the video.

Did you all the notice the 'nasty - I can't believe you said that' look Catherine gave Nick when he asked that guy if he looked like an angel?

Yup, definitely some tension there also between her and Russell.

As much as I don't want summer to end, I'm ready for this premiere.

Just have to suffer through the Haskell episodes again, first. :rolleyes:

As for the extras on Season 11 DVD and the Dita Von Teese extra, sorry, but that's just wasted space. :rolleyes:

I'd rather see bloopers or them focus on the characters that have been there since the beginning.

Since most will probably be about Langston and Haskell. :rolleyes:

He was also in his blue lab coat when you see Hodges and then it was him and Henry I think in the hallway looking. His hair is a little darker from the looks of it.

I didn't see Hodges or Henry either lol. And funny about the hair, because I thought Greg's hair looked blonder LOL. May be just the difference in our computer screen color resolutions or something lol.

I think I've figured out why Nick's the last to meet DB. Both he and Cath were demoted to just Level 3 CSI (without loss of seniority, though), plus suspensions. The IA investigation and a hurried search for a new Grave supervisor takes a couple of months and to avoid leaving Grave too short-handed, their suspensions don't start until DB's hiring is confirmed. Cath then serves her suspension, returning a couple of days after DB shows up. Nick's suspension starts the day before DB arrives. Thus there's no awkward "handing over the keys to the section" moment for either Cath or Nick. With both of them busted from their supersivory slots, this leaves DB the option of deciding who he wants to be his permnanent assistant.

I think there’s a chance that they won’t even bring in a new Assistant Supervisor (if in fact, Catherine and Nick lose their supervisory positions) and that DB is the sole Supervisor.

If I remember correctly, Grissom didn’t have an Assistant during the first 4 or so seasons and the reason Catherine became Assistant Supervisor was that she negotiated to remain in a supervisory capacity. She in turn made Nick her Assistant when she took over from Grissom.

I get the feeling that it’s left up to the Supervisor to decide if they want an Assistant or not and that DB may not feel the need to designate someone.

I think there’s a chance that they won’t even bring in a new Assistant Supervisor (if in fact, Catherine and Nick lose their supervisory positions) and that DB is the sole Supervisor.

If I remember correctly, Grissom didn’t have an Assistant during the first 4 or so seasons and the reason Catherine became Assistant Supervisor was that she negotiated to remain in a supervisory capacity. She in turn made Nick her Assistant when she took over from Grissom.

I get the feeling that it’s left up to the Supervisor to decide if they want an Assistant or not and that DB may not feel the need to designate someone.

Catherine was always the Assistant Supervisor, that's why she took over from Grissom whenever he was absent and she got her own team in Season 5. Well, that's how I saw it. There is a line in one of the earlier seasons where Catherine talks about how long she has been Grissom's right hand for (I believe she says she was his right and left hand)

Catherine didn't have an Assistant Supervisor in the latter half of season 9, though, so its completely possible DB won't have one either.

Catherine was always the Assistant Supervisor, that's why she took over from Grissom whenever he was absent and she got her own team in Season 5. Well, that's how I saw it. There is a line in one of the earlier seasons where Catherine talks about how long she has been Grissom's right hand for (I believe she says she was his right and left hand)
This is where my memory is a little foggy. I always thought she only got the 'Supervisor' title when the team was originally split. So while she may have been Grissom's 'right hand' it was more of a self designated title and not really an official one. I think I'll rewatch a few older episodes this weekend to see if I can figure it out. I think it was round about 'Grave Danger' time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back