Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone please calm down. You're all adults and can discuss things and disagree without getting petty over semantics. Please.

I looked back and I don't see where it's indicated Catherine will leave because she blames Nick for her demotion.

It didn't say that specifically. One of tptb said that Nick/George has some involvement in Cath's exit/last episode. It could mean that George is directing (someone said he'd expressed some interest in directing an episode) or it could mean that Cath leaves because she blames Nick.

I also don't see why Catherine would blame herself for the entire Haskell fiasco when other people had a part in it. Especially when Nick defied her instructions and she was his superior.
I didn't mean Cath should blame herself entirely, but the spoilers make it sound like she solely blames Nick. If Nick hadn't seen Ray, I'm sure Ray still would have ended up at that house and Haskell still would have ended up dead. Furthermore, Cath knows how protective Nick is of his friends, especially after losing Warrick (and Ray was headed down a very similar path). She knew Nick hadn't seen a therapist about Warrick's death, so why was Nick the one she chose to see after another friend who was headed down a similar route to the one that cost Warrick his life?

please, please don't make me hate Catherine or be pissed at her like you've done for Brass. I still can't believe Brass did what he did. How am I ever going to look him 'in the eye' again? :lol:
This is exactly how I feel. I loved Brass and now I just don't know what to think about him lol.

No one on the team is innocent in all of this, but Langston murdering Haskell, that's all on Ray.
Agree wholeheartedly. Ray would have found a way to sneak away from Nick and get back to Vegas to find where Haskell was holding Gloria no matter what Nick did. Ray was a man in love and bound and determined to save the love of his life. There is NOTHING that Nick could have done differently to change what happened. Ray would have gone there regardless of Nick's actions.

I'm not saying that it is all Cath's fault, but she played a bigger role in the whole situation than Nick did. I could see her saying "maybe things would have been different if you'd done what I told you" to Nick, but I can't see her solely blaming Nick, so she should finish with, "but things probably would have been different if I'd never brought Haskell to Vegas in the first place". So being annoyed at Nick disobeying her, sure... but her putting ALL of the blame on Nick (which is how the spoilers make it sound) is not only wrong, but completely unfair.

I could see them in a heated moment arguing briefly (like in the ep where Cath, Greg and Nick started snapping at each other due to stress and other factors), but anything more than that would just be unnecessary. I'd much rather see Cath and Brass arguing and blaming each other. It would make much more sense to me. The two of them were more directly involved in the situation. Cath went behind Brass' back and got Haskell brought to Vegas. Brass hid evidence after Ray killed Haskell, thus making things looks suspicious enough that others probably think the whole team hid evidence. And didn't Cath tell Brass in the season finale that she knew he was hiding something? I mean, its not that far of a jump, he was first on scene.

And just to clarify, I would feel this way regardless of the character who was in Nick's position. If it was Catherine in Nick's position and Grissom was blaming her for his demotion, I would still say she shouldn't be solely blamed. I would feel this way even if it was a character I wasn't a fan of who was in Nick's position... even if it was Ray in Nick's position.

no one I've seen has put "all the blame" on Nick. Saying he had a part in the Haskell fiasco and saying they understand why Catherine might be pissed at him is not the same thing as blaming him for EVERYTHING; which, ironically is what some people who are defending Nick are doing with Catherine.
I personally was never saying Cath was solely to blame (and I don't recall seeing anyone else say that either). I only said, or at least only meant that she is more to blame than Nick, which is different than saying that she is solely to blame. TBH, the only ones completely to blame are Haskell and Ray. I fully believe things would have gone the same way regardless of what Cath or Nick did or did not do. I fully believe Ray would have gotten around whatever roadblock they put up because he was determined to save or avenge Gloria (and the loss of his kidney).

I really hope it's like "Family Affair" where the spoilers had us afraid the whole team was fighting and it turned out to be just a scene or two of tension.
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping too. :)

Also, another point of clarification here: I love Cath, she's my favorite female character on CSI. My fear is that tptb will have her do something that would force me to dislike her and I don't want that. The bottom line is, the biggest ones to blame in all of this are Ray and Haskell. And I think the reactions of various team members was due in large part to it having not been too long ago that they lost one of their own, one of their friends, their family. They were all doing whatever they could to avoid losing another member of their team/family. That's what it all boils down to.

All this uproar over a single comment by Ausiellio, who is very often way off base. He probably got this item from Carol M. to begin with, so that's two very good reasons to just ignore it instead of putting into the hyper-distortion generator that pops up on this board all to quickly.
LOL, I love the phrase "hyper-distortion generator". And good point, but honestly, we've got to have something to discuss cause we're not getting too terribly many spoilers. Of course if they all sound like this one, maybe that's for the best LOL.

And it is nice to have something to discuss other than salad bowls.
:guffaw:

I just don't like the fact that they have the boss (Catherine) blaming the underlings (Nick, or any of the others!). I always believed Catherine would do anything to protect her team. :(
That's what I always believed too. Remember when Cath went to bat for Nick when he was accused of murdering Kristy?

I skimmed the previous couple pages, so I have no idea if this has been said already or not, but what if Cath is pissed because of something Nick does during the time jump and not what he did during the actual case? What if during the investigation into Ray and Haskell, Nick says, does or otherwise reveals something that leads to the demotions? Perhaps even accidentally opening his mouth about something that seemed innocent and inconsequential but serves as an excuse to remove Catherine.

Carrot Top is in the premiere, right? Maybe Nick decided to take a hiatus from crime solving and start a two-man comedy act with his pal David Caruso... I mean Carrot Top.

;)

I skimmed the previous couple pages, so I have no idea if this has been said already or not, but what if Cath is pissed because of something Nick does during the time jump and not what he did during the actual case? What if during the investigation into Ray and Haskell, Nick says, does or otherwise reveals something that leads to the demotions? Perhaps even accidentally opening his mouth about something that seemed innocent and inconsequential but serves as an excuse to remove Catherine.

Carrot Top is in the premiere, right? Maybe Nick decided to take a hiatus from crime solving and start a two-man comedy act with his pal David Caruso... I mean Carrot Top.

;)

See. I knew it would be something horrible that would justify Cath's reaction. :lol:

;)

See. I knew it would be something horrible that would justify Cath's reaction. :lol:

LMAO! It is probably going to end up not even being as big a deal as the spoilers make it sound. At least I hope that's the case. I love Cath and Nick's friendship and I just don't want it to be permanently damaged, that's all.

;)

Hey I would love that!:lol:

I emailed the CBS DVD people, because TVshowsonDVD wasn't releasing any info about the extras on Season 11. The woman I spoke to expressly said they are subject to change, but:

"Getting Personal: Season 11 of CSI "
"Something Twisted This Way Comes"
"Las Vegas Headliners"
"An Underground Perspective"
"Cold-Blooded Killers"
"Intelligent Design: Creating Aeron’s Legion"
Dita Von Teese Burlesque Performance
Deleted Scenes (x2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back