Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed the CBS DVD people, because TVshowsonDVD wasn't releasing any info about the extras on Season 11. The woman I spoke to expressly said they are subject to change, but:

"Getting Personal: Season 11 of CSI "
"Something Twisted This Way Comes"
"Las Vegas Headliners"
"An Underground Perspective"
"Cold-Blooded Killers"
"Intelligent Design: Creating Aeron’s Legion"
Dita Von Teese Burlesque Performance
Deleted Scenes (x2)

TVshowsonDVD has confirmed this material now, we'll also get an audio commentary, although your guess is as good as mine as to which episode it is on :shifty:

So just one commentary? :( Aw man that just killed my hope of Eric doing one for AKBF cause it will probably be a Raskell ep

I saw this on YouTube, not sure if it is the same one Shane will be showing. It's got no clips, just a quick glimpse of some of the team (no Greg) Grrrr!

I saw this on YouTube, not sure if it is the same one Shane will be showing. It's got no clips, just a quick glimpse of some of the team (no Greg) Grrrr!

That's new to me! The one I saw posted here.

These promos were filmed during this photo shoot.

Woo Hoo, George is in the other one! Hmmm, Jorja, too. Then Ted and Catherine...very interesting.

I liked the other promo, too. I'll give an A for creativeness. I think Ted will fit in good, if tptb don't screw it up. :rolleyes:

That one with just Ted....I don't know...maybe if I actually saw it pop up on the TV. But I liked the other one. I don't really watch much network TV during the reruns, so I'd have missed them otherwise. Thanks for the posts! :)

From Matt Roush at TV Guide

Question: I'm looking forward to Ted Danson possibly bringing new life to CSI in what I think may be their last-ditch effort, and I enjoyed the picture/comments of him with Marg Helgenberger in the August 15-28 issue of your magazine (he had to observe a "real-life autopsy"? And they're having him come in while Catherine's demoted — wow) and I'm wondering, do you think this could save the sinking ship? I'm wondering if you've seen a preview of CSI and whether you think it's the right medicine, or just a bandage on a deep wound. — Dorothy

Matt Roush: I've only seen one isolated scene of Ted Danson in character as D.B. Russell so far (he was fine), but my initial reaction to his casting was positive — he's got all kinds of range as an actor, and his sly humor should be a good fit and a necessary tonic for what is still the franchise's flagship show. Even though CBS booted CSI off of Thursday in favor of the intriguing new Person of Interest, that seems less a reflection on the show than another example of CBS aggressively shaking up its schedule before it becomes even more stagnant with long-in-the-tooth tentpoles. I won't be surprised if the mothership will eventually be the last CSI standing — the NY version barely made the cut this season, and I can't imagine anyone who still takes Miami seriously — and I'm hoping Danson will juice the chemistry enough so it won't be a painful ride to the end, whenever that may be. I really don't see CSI as a sinking ship just yet. Coasting, maybe, but not nearly as threadbare as its spin-offs.

From Matt Roush at TV Guide

Question: I'm looking forward to Ted Danson possibly bringing new life to CSI in what I think may be their last-ditch effort, and I enjoyed the picture/comments of him with Marg Helgenberger in the August 15-28 issue of your magazine (he had to observe a "real-life autopsy"? And they're having him come in while Catherine's demoted — wow) and I'm wondering, do you think this could save the sinking ship? I'm wondering if you've seen a preview of CSI and whether you think it's the right medicine, or just a bandage on a deep wound. — Dorothy

Matt Roush: I've only seen one isolated scene of Ted Danson in character as D.B. Russell so far (he was fine), but my initial reaction to his casting was positive — he's got all kinds of range as an actor, and his sly humor should be a good fit and a necessary tonic for what is still the franchise's flagship show. Even though CBS booted CSI off of Thursday in favor of the intriguing new Person of Interest, that seems less a reflection on the show than another example of CBS aggressively shaking up its schedule before it becomes even more stagnant with long-in-the-tooth tentpoles. I won't be surprised if the mothership will eventually be the last CSI standing — the NY version barely made the cut this season, and I can't imagine anyone who still takes Miami seriously — and I'm hoping Danson will juice the chemistry enough so it won't be a painful ride to the end, whenever that may be. I really don't see CSI as a sinking ship just yet. Coasting, maybe, but not nearly as threadbare as its spin-offs.
Thanks for the post, sharp.
I've almost always agreed with Matt's comments, and I echo his sentiments here. He's got an objective view of the CSI's, and he seems to at least watch them and pay attention. I think TD will keep the flagship alive for a while longer. Like NBC with L&O, it will be hard for CBS to let the series go completely; at least until there is something more profitable to take its place.

Regarding the promos, although creatively nice, I'm not really excited by them. I think I was spoiled by the awesome promos of Dead Doll and For Warrick. All these really do is introduce TD to CSI viewers, which those of us online have known for a while. Hopefully, something with more substance will come along soon.

Last edited:
All these really do is introduce TD to CSI viewers, which those of us online have known for a while. Hopefully, something with more substance will come along soon.

And the keyword is 'online'. The other 97% of the fans probably don't know Ted is coming aboard, hence the promos.

'Dead Doll' and 'For Warrick', the team was still together so no new person to promote.

And then we'll have to go through it again after Marg leaves and they bring in some other female lead.

That is if they actually replace Marg, I'm hoping they just keep the cast they way they have it now. Elisabeth Harnois could have been a preemptive casting so they don't have to bring in anybody new. Who knows, maybe they'll just put George second in the credits :)

I'm really excited about Ted coming aboard for season 12, and the promos look fantastic

That is if they actually replace Marg, I'm hoping they just keep the cast they way they have it now. Elisabeth Harnois could have been a preemptive casting so they don't have to bring in anybody new. Who knows, maybe they'll just put George second in the credits :)

That's what I hope for too, plus I haven't heard any talk about Marg's replacement ;)

That's what I hope for too, plus I haven't heard any talk about Marg's replacement ;)

So right now they would have the same number of team members as they did when Greg became a CSI in Season 5. When Marg leaves that will leave them with the original amount of team members, so they may not replace her. Even tho it leaves them without a female lead, it still leaves the team as it was originally...3 male and 2 female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back