Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she's saying he's punished more because apparently he has been out of action for awhile since he has yet to meet the new supervisor. But that could have been his own choice...he might have taken a leave of absence to deal with some things.

I wouldn't point the blame at Catherine, but everyone knows when something goes wrong it's the boss that gets the boot. The whole thing was wrong...the whole team was wrong in this situation.

I really hope it's like "Family Affair" where the spoilers had us afraid the whole team was fighting and it turned out to be just a scene or two of tension.

But whatever they do with the characters of Catherine and Nick, let's not let it get to us as fans of either one. After all, it's just a TV show. :)

Lesson learnt by proxy to never come close to placing Nick in an unfavourable light on this board ;)

I'm sure this spoiler will amount to nothing or maybe it'll be like that moment Nick and Cath had on a case after the team was separated and Cath was Nick and Warricks supervisor (i'm sure someone can fill in the episode name).

Maybe Catherine is upset that Nick chose to support Langston over her, given that she and Nick have had a close friendship for longer?

Lesson learnt by proxy to never come close to placing Nick in an unfavourable light on this board ;)

You can paint him in an unfavorable light as long as it's correct! :lol:

I just get tired of people put all the blame on him for what happened with Haskell when he isn't completely to blame.

The whole team, including Brass screwed up, not just Nick. And Catherine is wrong to blame Nick for her demotion when she has no one to blame, but herself. She was the boss and as I've been a manager, it doesn't matter what the 'staff' did, it still comes down to the boss.

She screwed up and needs to take responsibility for that. Now I know this is TV and it makes for good drama :shifty: and tptb like to piss us all off :lol:

but don't blame a character for everything when that isn't true. :)

I have said that Nick screwed up, the WHOLE team did.

However, they're a team and they're going to back each other up, that's how they are. No matter how misguided they are. :lol:

Besides this is really ALL Ray Langston's fault. :p

Now when I was talking about Nick being punished more, I said it 'seems to me' (even if I did spell 'seem' wrong in the my last post :lol:) that he is being punished more and never said it was because of Catherine's demotion.

I just speculating as to why Nick hasn't met D.B. when there's been a time jump. Where has Nick been? Yes, it could have been his choice to take the time off, but if the time jump was a few months, why so long?

I could be completely off-base, who knows, no one knows until the season premiere...which I wish would get here. :shifty: I think. :shifty:

People interpret the show differently, so I don't really think there's a "correct" way to have an opinion.

And no one I've seen has put "all the blame" on Nick. Saying he had a part in the Haskell fiasco and saying they understand why Catherine might be pissed at him is not the same thing as blaming him for EVERYTHING; which, ironically is what some people who are defending Nick are doing with Catherine.

ETA: I say this is all Haskell's parents' fault. Had they not reproduced none of this would have happened.

Last edited:

You can paint him in an unfavorable light as long as it's correct! :lol:

Haha duly noted.

As far as i'm concerned i consider the whole Langston years as a CSI jumping the shark in terms of no longer staying true to the original premise of the show and the personality of the characters built from day 1, episode 1, season 1.

Hopefully everyone will be annoyed with each other for episode 1 and then everything will go back to normal ala pre langston.

Shane you mentioned Nick being delayed in meeting DB, what did you mean by that?

People interpret the show differently, so I don't really think there's a "correct" way to have an opinion.

And no one I've seen has put "all the blame" on Nick. Saying he had a part in the Haskell fiasco and saying they understand why Catherine might be pissed at him is not the same thing as blaming him for EVERYTHING; which, ironically is what some people who are defending Nick are doing with Catherine.

ETA: I say this is all Haskell's parents' fault. Had they not reproduced none of this would have happened.

People have been blaming Nick for this ever since the finale, not just now.

My point is is how can people understand why Catherine is pissed at Nick when she has no one to blame, but herself for her predictament?

Yes, it's human nature, but Nick shouldn't be blamed for Catherine's demotion nor should she be pissed at him.

And it pisses me off that it seems tptb are destroying Nick and Catherine's relationship. Yes, it may not come to that, but that's what it's sounding like.

It also pisses me off that they're (tptb) are putting the blame on Nick because of events in LA.

The WHOLE team needs to be reprimanded.

They already ruined Brass for me :scream: don't do that with Catherine too.

Actually, to me it's OOC for her.

Ugh, we're all probably fighting for no reason at all. Maybe it's better if we don't get any spoilers. :lol::lol:

But I guess it gives all something to do until the premiere. :lol::lol:

I just had a thought that what if Catherine's just venting and in the heat of moment says she blames Nick but immediately realizes how wrong that is.

sort of like in House of Hoarders how Sara and Nick were differing on the case but when it was all over made up and moved on.

I just had a thought that what if Catherine's just venting and in the heat of moment says she blames Nick but immediately realizes how wrong that is.

sort of like in House of Hoarders how Sara and Nick were differing on the case but when it was all over made up and moved on.

I agree. I'm pretty sure we're getting upset over a tidbit that won't prove to be anything major.

I hope.

:lol:

And in the clip from the premiere, Nick looks to be happy working with DB, so I think it will be okay. :)

I agree. I'm pretty sure we're getting upset over a tidbit that won't prove to be anything major.

I hope.

:lol:

And in the clip from the premiere, Nick looks to be happy working with DB, so I think it will be okay. :)

I did wonder whether that clip from the premier was the first time Nick and DB meet.

All this uproar over a single comment by Ausiellio, who is very often way off base. He probably got this item from Carol M. to begin with, so that's two very good reasons to just ignore it instead of putting into the hyper-distortion generator that pops up on this board all too quickly.
LaSquisita

Last edited:
All this uproar over a single comment by Ausiellio, who is very often way off base. He probably got this item from Carol M. to begin with, so that's two very good reasons to just ignore it instead of putting into the hyper-distortion generator that pops up on this board all to quickly.
LaSquisita
*bolding mine*
So true. Anything Nick or GSR related will get a reaction here. And most are overblown.
Since there is a jump in the timeline I suspect Nick and Catherine will have already worked through most of their issues by the premiere, and we will only get some hints of it here and there. This board just needs to work through it and catch up. Right or wrong, in reality people love to blame others for their problems, and usually it's some of both.
I'm personally glad to see some conflict. I don't like the people I work with all the time; heck, I don't even like myself all the time. And it is nice to have something to discuss other than salad bowls.

I only want to know 2 things:

1. As of the start of 73 Seconds how long has DB been there? (as supervisor of grave?)

2. Why is Nick the only one who hasn't met him. (I mean, he could have just been on vacation :shifty:)

Honestly any conflict between Nick & Catherine would probably blow over faster than it did between Nick & Sara. I just don't like the fact that they have the boss (Catherine) blaming the underlings (Nick, or any of the others!). I always believed Catherine would do anything to protect her team. :(

Susan

Jeez. Been away for a little bit and the thread explodes with info and posts! :eek: :lol:

I skimmed the previous couple pages, so I have no idea if this has been said already or not, but what if Cath is pissed because of something Nick does during the time jump and not what he did during the actual case? What if during the investigation into Ray and Haskell, Nick says, does or otherwise reveals something that leads to the demotions? Perhaps even accidentally opening his mouth about something that seemed innocent and inconsequential but serves as an excuse to remove Catherine.

Damn. Cath and Nick have always been my faves. Along with Greg, they are my Triumvirate of Awesome. I hope I don't have to chose. Because unfortunately my loyalty goes to Catherine first. :(

Last edited:
I didn't realize debating different points of view equalled "fighting." I must've missed a memo somewhere. I'm looking forward to seeing how the spoilers do or don't pan out when the premiere gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back