Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Nick handled Haskell?
At a guess, they mean Nick helping Ray run off after Haskell instead of sitting on him, like Catherine had asked.

Yes, but that was such a minor part of the whole THREE YEAR Haskell affair.

In my opinion, it's really out of character for Catherine to play the blame game this way.

It is WAY out of character for Catherine, but then again it was WAY out of character for Brass to hide evidence in a case the way he did in the season finale.

And now I realize this "spoiler" is from Ausiello and he has been wrong before, so its possible he's wrong now. He might have seen the episode and it might just be his own interpretation of scenes rather than the actual intention of the writers. And if that's the case, I will apologize to the writers. But if not, I'm very unhappy with the writers.

It may just be a small scene where they are frustrated about stuff and start arguing (kind of like in the episode where they were all frustrated and snapping at each other... well, Nick, Cath and Greg were anyway). Hopefully its a small and heated argumentative moment and they make up before the end of the episode. Kind of like Nick and Greg did in that other season premiere "family affair" I think it was called. But, I would rather it just not be there at all to be honest.

Last edited:
Here's a spoiler from Ausiello courtesy of (I think!) our own Sharp. :)

Question: I need some CSI spoilers, please. —Sharp
Ausiello: There still seems to be some confusion among fans whether Ted Danson is in fact coming in as a new supervisor, since Catherine was the leader last season. Well, I can confirm that Danson’s D.B. Russell is definitely in charge when the season starts and Catherine is not happy about it. She blames Nick for her demotion because of how he handled the Haskell imbroglio.
Not sure I'm happy about it tho. :shifty:

:eek: HOLY...Just WHOA!! They answered my question :eek: *continues to stare in shock*

*Comes out of shock* Okay, I had a feeling there might be tension between DB and Catherine, wasn't expecting Nick and Catherine...could be intersting

Well time will have passed since we last saw, so many more went down between Nick and Catherine and Ray that we won't see that could cause this. That's my thoughts on it.

Nick is the only one who hasn't met DB when the season picks up too, so that should be an interesting encounter. :)

Wait... how hasn't Nick met DB? Was he suspended?

Oooh I hadn't thought of that when I first read it, you could be on to something

It's probably just because Cath was called into a meeting and told she was being replaced as supervisor by DB and DB's there and that's how they meet. Maybe Nick is either on another case or has been in Texas visiting his family. I don't know why he'd be suspended. He didn't do anything to warrant getting suspended unless its just for not calling Catherine in California when he saw Ray.

If Nick and Cath suffer job wise because of the Haskell debacle and Brass doesn't, I'm gonna be very angry! Brass is the only one that really deserves to be demoted.

Wait... how hasn't Nick met DB? Was he suspended?

Oooh I hadn't thought of that when I first read it, you could be on to something

It's probably just because Cath was called into a meeting and told she was being replaced as supervisor by DB and DB's there and that's how they meet. Maybe Nick is either on another case or has been in Texas visiting his family. I don't know why he'd be suspended. He didn't do anything to warrant getting suspended unless its just for not calling Catherine in California when he saw Ray.

If Nick and Cath suffer job wise because of the Haskell debacle and Brass doesn't, I'm gonna be very angry! Brass is the only one that really deserves to be demoted.

But, if Nick is the ONLY one that hasn't met him, that means Catherine, Brass, Greg, Al, Sara, Hodges, Super-Dave, and possibly Morgan have all met him, so Nick not being an active part of the team seems like the only way to explain it :shifty:

If Catherine's demoted, surely Nick is too, poor Catherine can't go back to just being a CSI Level 3 after having her own team, and being Grissom's assistant for all them years :confused:

From TV Guide:

Ted Danson isn't the only new face on CSI this season. What can you tell me about how the show will use new series regular Elisabeth Harnois? — Kelly
ADAM: First things first. Before Harnois' Morgan can work in the lab, she has to patch things up with her estranged father (and new boss) Conrad Ecklie. That's no cakewalk. "He's a better man now... but years ago he wasn't as good a father," executive producer Carol Mendelsohn says. "It's very hard for her to see that he's a changed man." Perhaps he'll win her over when he comes to her rescue early in the season.

Well nice to hear some spoilers about Morgan. Sounds interesting that Conrad has to make nice with her.

They have to have tension somewhere and since Ray isn't going to be around to close out the storyline it makes sense it'd be between Nick and Catherine. I just hope that Nick isn't too pleased with Catherine right back at her because they both have their hands dirty in this to a certain extent. Not as much as Ray and Brass, but again, with LF not returning they gotta work with who is still there and since no one but Brass knows what he did they can't have tension with him.

Amazing how earlier there was talk of little spoilers and now we're starting to get more :lol:

Ecklie comes to rescue her, does he offer her the job? Or does she land in trouble on the job

Question: I need some CSI spoilers, please. —Sharp
Ausiello: There still seems to be some confusion among fans whether Ted Danson is in fact coming in as a new supervisor, since Catherine was the leader last season. Well, I can confirm that Danson’s D.B. Russell is definitely in charge when the season starts and Catherine is not happy about it. She blames Nick for her demotion because of how he handled the Haskell imbroglio.

I don't want Catherine and Nick to be pissed off with one another. That makes me sad.:confused::(

But, if Nick is the ONLY one that hasn't met him, that means Catherine, Brass, Greg, Al, Sara, Hodges, Super-Dave, and possibly Morgan have all met him, so Nick not being an active part of the team seems like the only way to explain it

Oops, I accidentally erased the rest of my comment LOL. I don't remember word for word what I said, but it was something to the jist of maybe Nick was in Texas visiting his family. Poor guy hasn't had a vacation in forever LOL. And he's been through a lot. It wasn't that long ago that he was shot ... and trust me, being in the hospital is so not a vacation LOL.

They have to have tension somewhere
Why exactly does there HAVE to be tension? And if there is, why can't it just be tension about a case like in the House Of Hoarders episode? Why does it have to be something THIS HUGE that will likely destroy the wonderful friendship the majority of fans love between Cath and Nick? I mean, next to the Nick/Warrick friendship, his friendship with Cath was the strongest. They've killed Warrick, thus ending that friendship and now they're killing Nick's friendship with Cath as well? Why are they picking on Nick so much? Besides, there's always plenty of tension when Ecklie is around. And there's gonna be tension between him and Morgan... so why does there need to be tension between Nick and Catherine? That's tension overkill if you ask me.

Last edited:
They have to have tension somewhere

Why exactly does there HAVE to be tension? And if there is, why can't it just be tension about a case like in the House Of Hoarders episode? Why does it have to be something THIS HUGE that will likely destroy the wonderful friendship the majority of fans love between Cath and Nick? I mean, next to the Nick/Warrick friendship, his friendship with Cath was the strongest. They've killed Warrick, thus ending that friendship and now they're killing Nick's friendship with Cath as well? Why are they picking on Nick so much? Besides, there's always plenty of tension when Ecklie is around. And there's gonna be tension between him and Morgan... so why does there need to be tension between Nick and Catherine? That's tension overkill if you ask me.

I just personally don't see how something as huge as the Haskell thing can go down where both Catherine and Nick have some responsibility without tension. It just doesn't seem very realistic to me that after everything they'd be fine with each other and just go on as if nothing happened just because Ray is gone. Catherine is getting demoted and even if it is misguided it's a very human thing to do to try and find fault for that. Again, Ray's gone so the next person in line is Nick. I don't think anyone is "picking on" Nick at all. Just because there's an indication that there's tension doesn't mean their relationship is going to be completely destroyed forever. To me it's not an all or nothing scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back