Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice to see Marg representing the show. :)

I watched the whole thing, and it's like I said in the general TV forum - CTV carries almost all the shows I watch. :lol:

A CTV promo, CSI starts at 0:27, no scenes from the show, but Marg looks amazing.
Neat, thanks for posting! This is a bit off-topic: I've lived in Canada for 14 years now, and I've long wondered how CTV gets stars from the U.S. shows to pose for those brief between-show promo spots. Is it part of the actors' contracts to do these promos in countries other than the U.S., where those shows are aired?

A CTV promo, CSI starts at 0:27, no scenes from the show, but Marg looks amazing.
Neat, thanks for posting! This is a bit off-topic: I've lived in Canada for 14 years now, and I've long wondered how CTV gets stars from the U.S. shows to pose for those brief between-show promo spots. Is it part of the actors' contracts to do these promos in countries other than the U.S., where those shows are aired?

I've always wondered that, too. In Australia (I think) "Channel 10" does great promos featuring the NCIS cast, I assume its because CBS wants to promote their shows as much as possible overseas :)

Thanks for posting that Rizzoli!
They all looked good, glad to see CTV using the three of them.

I hope we start seeing some of our own promos soon. There was one general CBS clip I saw that used George saying "Jeez Louise" from House of Hoarders :lol:

CBS must really want to promote The Mentalist though, because I've seen Simon Baker in every promo out so far :p

CBS must really want to promote The Mentalist though, because I've seen Simon Baker in every promo out so far :p

:scream: I am so tired of seeing The Mentalist everywhere! Also NCIS, The Good Wife, and The Big Bang Theory! They're good shows, granted, and I guess they're higher rated, but from the CBS promos, websites, and Watch Magazine you'd think they were the only shows on the network. :(

:scream: I am so tired of seeing The Mentalist everywhere! Also NCIS, The Good Wife, and The Big Bang Theory! They're good shows, granted, and I guess they're higher rated, but from the CBS promos, websites, and Watch Magazine you'd think they were the only shows on the network. :(

I have to agree with you here, although I do love NCIS and TBBT. I even watch The Mentalist, and do really like Simon Baker, but I'm sick to death of The Good Wife promos, I'd much rather see some CSI promotion. I don't care if TGW moved to Sunday nights or whenever, I don't watch it anyway (I tried), and I even tried a couple of Blue Bloods simply because I love Tom Selleck, but neither could keep me hooked.

Except for NCIS, I'm not sure any of the others are higher rated than CSI, at least not during the summer reruns, according to my EW mag anyway, lol. :lol:

I have to agree with you here, although I do love NCIS and TBBT. I even watch The Mentalist, and do really like Simon Baker, but I'm sick to death of The Good Wife promos, I'd much rather see some CSI promotion. I don't care if TGW moved to Sunday nights or whenever, I don't watch it anyway (I tried), and I even tried a couple of Blue Bloods simply because I love Tom Selleck, but neither could keep me hooked.

Except for NCIS, I'm not sure any of the others are higher rated than CSI, at least not during the summer reruns, according to my EW mag anyway, lol. :lol:

Sorry, I disagree. The Good Wife is THE best show on TV right now, which is the reason it got all of those Emmy nominations, and shows like Person of Interest and it are CBS' future while the CSI's are their past. Yes, I still love all of the CSI's but there is a reason that CBS has moved them to lower profile timeslots over the past couple of seasons.

Oh, and besides NCIS, CSI also lost to NCIS: LA ind The Mentalist in both total viewers and demos this season and to Hawaii 5-0 in the demos. There were even weeks with both TGW and Blue Bloods beat CSI in total viewers although they were in less desirable timeslots.

Last edited:
Tooooopic. ;)

Anyone got CSI spoilers? A month to go, we really need to get something. Throw us a freakin' bone, CBS!

The Good Wife is getting serious promotion at CBS right now because it's a critical darling and is so well received by the media and awards committees. Just like ragincajun, TGW is currently my favorite show on television for a myriad of reasons, but mostly because there's no other show like it on network TV. It's very deserving of the attention it's receiving.

Tooooopic. ;)

Anyone got CSI spoilers? A month to go, we really need to get something. Throw us a freakin' bone, CBS!
Seriously, because what we have got so far has done squat for me. I need more details!

We have no mole like the other shows. :( But I'm actually okay with it. Spoilers tend to freak me out for weeks and then when the episode airs it turns out it was no big deal. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back