Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the TV Guide etc, so I'm just tossing out a thought here now. The lack of promotion for the show....could it be just because it's a solid based show, been on the go for 10 strong seasons, would there really be a need? It's like an old reliable...something you can count on.....no matter what. It doesn't need to be constantly in your face reminding you that it exists. It's a well established show.

No one wants to support the show that's been on for 10 years. It's Old Reliable. Old Reliable is consistent and doesn't have that "fresh-out-of-the-box" flavor that new shows have. I just like to think that The Mentalist will probably end up like Heroes. Cancelled without even a finale after four years.

I just like to think that The Mentalist will probably end up like Heroes. Cancelled without even a finale after four years.

Hmm. We may all be here for CSI, but it's not the only show we watch. Some of us may actually like 'The Mentalist'.

I just like to think that The Mentalist will probably end up like Heroes. Cancelled without even a finale after four years.

Hmm. We may all be here for CSI, but it's not the only show we watch. Some of us may actually like 'The Mentalist'.
I'm sorry, if I hurt any feelings but I'm just telling you my opinion. I'm not saying I dislike The Mentalist just that it will be canceled eventually because new popular shows usually end up losing a ton of viewers and being cancelled after 2-3 years. Look at 24 for example. Really popular then cancelled.

Let's not forget they're afforded (roughly) three months off a year. Yes, they work twelve-eighteen hour days, but so do their viewing audience. Unfortunately, we don't receive three months down time...with pay... to do whatever. Their fans are lucky to afford a week of vacation on over extended credit cards
Well, to be fair, if it was that easy, why aren't you an actor on CSI as well?

I realize some actors earn much more money that other people but this is such a cut-throat business and such a competition that i bet the average pay for an actor is the same as any other occupation. it's like in a firm, you have average workers, and you have CEOs. if someone gets to the top only b/c they work hard and have talent, i think it's ridiculous to be bitter that they earn more money. this is capitalism, not communism.

If they were good enough for a part, other studios would work with the CSI creators and CBS. You're only good as your last part. Maybe that's why we see William Peterson acting in plays in Chicago vs. NYC and Broadway (even off Broadway,)
if you ever read any interviews with this guy (ranging 2 decades), you'd know he likes Chicago the most of all places and this is where he wants to be, and not because nobody wants him in NYC, lmao.

I realize some actors earn much more money that other people but this is such a cut-throat business and such a competition that i bet the average pay for an actor is the same as any other occupation. it's like in a firm, you have average workers, and you have CEOs. if someone gets to the top only b/c they work hard and have talent, i think it's ridiculous to be bitter that they earn more money. this is capitalism, not communism.

Damn..I wish somedays it were communism..but nevertheless it's a bugger of a business to get into. I'd say anyone who spent time on CSI has doen very well given how cut-throat the business is.
Quote:
If they were good enough for a part, other studios would work with the CSI creators and CBS. You're only good as your last part. Maybe that's why we see William Peterson acting in plays in Chicago vs. NYC and Broadway (even off Broadway,)
if you ever read any interviews with this guy (ranging 2 decades), you'd know he likes Chicago the most of all places and this is where he wants to be, and not because nobody wants him in NYC, lmao.

Billy seems to be quite content in Chicago. He's made his money and now he can pick the smaller vanues. It's all about choice. I'm sure if the right role on Broadway came along, he would do it. But he seems content to be in Chicaco. At least that's what I'm getting.

Damn..I wish somedays it were communism..but nevertheless it's a bugger of a business to get into. I'd say anyone who spent time on CSI has doen very well given how cut-throat the business is.
hah yeah but you know, i'm thinking if it wasn't, the quality of the shows would have been much lesser.

Yawn yawn on "The Mentalist " boring cast, And CSI still rocks S/10, one of the best ever in CSI history. I can't wait to get it on DVD. And what works is what works. The phenomenal cast is why CSI keeps on keeping on. NO matter how great a show is, if the cast doesn't set a fan on fire, then for me I don't watch it. and on Billy Petersen only preferring Chicago, that's his choice, He gets awards from the theater there, and seems to have no interest in expanding his plays to different venues/cities. BTW Laurence Fishburne will be in D.C. doing his Thurgood Marshall play[he said that he hopes the president comes to see it] then taking it to L.A. And LF has been nominated for an Oscar, won and Emmy, Tony and many other awards. His career is so hot right now and he does take his expertise to other cities~

http://www.encylopedia.com/doc/1G1-178794283.html

Last edited:
I do regret that we will apparently get a continuation of the Haskell storyline. My wish for the premiere would be for Brass to come in and just take him out immediately. I know he was a great villain, but I really would like to get away from the serial killer storylines. Leave that to Criminal Minds.
I like the personal lives of the characters being serialized, but I'd rather get back to the cases being solved at the end of the hour. And all the cases don't have to involve murders and heroic acts; I'm sure there are other crimes in LV that need solving.

ETA: And, please, no more crossovers.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, if I hurt any feelings but I'm just telling you my opinion. I'm not saying I dislike The Mentalist just that it will be canceled eventually because new popular shows usually end up losing a ton of viewers and being cancelled after 2-3 years. Look at 24 for example. Really popular then cancelled.

For what it's worth? ER, The West Wing, Law and Order and CSI were all really popular when they started and took years to loose tons of viewers :)

For what it's worth? ER, The West Wing, Law and Order and CSI were all really popular when they started and took years to loose tons of viewers :)
I never said all shows that are really popular end up losing viewers and being cancelled. It's the fate of most shows not all.

Are we having a discussion here or arguing? :) People seemed to be having a good time discussing the possibilities for next season, who might be back and who might not, etc. so we left the thread open even tho there aren't really any spoilers yet.

But if it becomes just a place to argue, we might need to close it up until some actual spoilers start coming out. We don't want to do that, so let's let everyone express their opinions and discuss them, but be respectful of each other. Thanks! :)

I never said all shows that are really popular end up losing viewers and being cancelled. It's the fate of most shows not all.

TV shows are like all products, they have a life cycle and CSI is reaching the end of its. I'm content as long as Nick gets a juicy storyline next season.

For what its worth, I'd rather not see the show go on for ages. I watch The Simpsons and it is not the show it was. So, I'd rather see CSI go out in style.

For what its worth, I'd rather not see the show go on for ages. I watch The Simpsons and it is not the show it was. So, I'd rather see CSI go out in style.
I agree with you there, myfuturecsi. As much as I love CSI I would hate to see it fumble along for another 2 or 3 seasons just because it can and not to really further the plotline of the universe. But on the other hand if CSI does end it better have some kind of last nod to GSR. A marriage episode or something.:) I would really love that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back